_____06 JUNE 1944______

Yup, the "Greatest" generation. We'd be up a crick without a paddle, if not for them.

The only think that pisses me off is that all us Vietnam veterans were shunned upon our return to Society, even to the point of being refused jobs. I finally started denying my military service after a while ... hey, a guy's gotta work!

I usually keep my posts pretty light, I enjoy shooting the shit about music, have a few laughs and stuff but this is the 70th and the song comes to mind. I wanted to go to Normandie this time, but some unforseen problems prevented me from going. A 101 vet (93 years old) and a Brit vet both jumped in ( yesterday and today), i'm really bummed I couldn't go.

There are a lot of myths about Vietnam vets. Indeed their efforts were under appreciated. However, the war was not the noblest of causes. As a result, vn vets have been left in a tough place emotionally. There was no victory. Rather a slow defeat. As far as being spit on, I sense this is an urban legend.

I posted this thread for the Iron Maiden song "The longest day", and its relationship to the 70th of D-Day. Not sure how the Viet Nam war is related to it, but you can go to this site and tell the Viet Nam vets what they did or did not experience. Thanks.

www.vietvet.org/

Maybe these vets can clear up your urban legend for you:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of myths about Vietnam vets. ... As far as being spit on, I sense this is an urban legend.

Sorry, I was there, I am a Vietnam vet, I endured the discrimination, and you are mistaken.

There are plenty of vets that said it did infact happen rumy. Also various objects thrown at them as well. Are you saying all these vets are lying? My uncle is one of them ( E 2/3 Marines), he would be more than willing to share his experiences with you. I suggest you watch the video I posted again, or are these men liars as well? Both the testimony of a Veteran here, and the youtube video has been presented, maybe you can now provide your own evidence supporting your statements. If you dont have any, I suggest you let it go...or I suggest we all go to a viet nam veteran forum and continue there and you can tell them what they did and didnt experience. I posted the D Day vid for the Iron Maiden song, I think there are other forums to continue this. Just my opinion.

There are plenty of vets that said it did infact happen rumy. Also various objects thrown at them as well. Are you saying all these vets are lying? My uncle is one of them ( E 2/3 Marines), he would be more than willing to share his experiences with you. I suggest you watch the video I posted again, or are these men liars as well? Both the testimony of a Veteran here, and the youtube video has been presented, maybe you can now provide your own evidence supporting your statements. If you dont have any, I suggest you let it go...or I suggest we all go to a viet nam veteran forum and continue there and you can tell them what they did and didnt experience. I posted the D Day vid for the Iron Maiden song, I think there are other forums to continue this. Just my opinion.
I have seen my dad go through this as a child as well but I agree this is best dealt with in a different forum I came here to talk about Maiden and the Maidens who expertly play their songs. :headbang:

Subject change. Check out the name on my buddy's Stuart tank:
tc05stuart0646211507_large.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]