A band that sounds a lot like For The Fallen Dreams...

Damn.
This is really good, man.

What do you have the guitars hi-passed at? It feels like you took a little too much out.

Or maybe you scooped the low end a little? I feel like the guitars definitely need some more low mids.

I wish I could get a band like this to record.
Would you mind if I tried mixing this? I love this kind of music and would love a shot at it.

Sounds good but needs some more low mids and aggression as the guitars seem a bit dull.
Can you fill us in on the guitar chain?
Thanks

guitars are perfect for the mix, what did you use? vocals could use a little bit of low end bump

I dig it too, but it'd be even better with some verb on the snare and toms! (especially the toms)
And the kick is kind of loud, but it sort of works

I dig it too, but it'd be even better with some verb on the snare and toms! (especially the toms)
And the kick is kind of loud, but it sort of works

I agree on the reverb, doesn't have to be a shitload of verb but it makes the drums sound a little less dry

Ganks: The guitars actually aren't high-passed much at all, only about 50hz if I remember correctly... I just always tend to add too much top-end into everything, which is probably what you're hearing. I'll have a look though and see if I can get things sounding a bit chunkier...

I'll have to ask the band about uploading the raw tracks for you to try out mixing though dude, as I'm not sure they'd even be happy that I posted this up here :p I'm just a bit stuck with what to do so I thought I'd see what opinions people could give me.

Ichigoueda: Love you too bro. :p

Nuno Filipe: Yeah the limiting on the mastering chain could definitely come back off a bit, but at the moment it's literally just running into a rough chain I use for mixing, so when I get around to mastering it properly, hopefully it'll sound a bit less squashed. Could you possibly explain further what you mean about the stereo imaging?

Ryan: Cheers man :D

Mike 24: Cheers dude, yeah I think there's definitely room to improve on the guitar sound. It's just pod man.

chrisrivalry: Yeah man that's definitely true, especially on the singing parts. We did a rough vocal run-through with a hand-held mic and I had to cut a lot of the lows because of the popping, but then when we re-tracked the vocals properly I forgot to remove it so that shouldn't be too much of a difficult fix. Cheers dude! :)

Nauru: Yeah man, there actually already is a reverb bus that has the snare and toms sent to it to try to make them gel a bit better, I think it'd be a bit more apparent if 1. I turned it up a bit, and 2. The mastering wasn't squashing so much of the life out of the snare haha. Cheers man. :)

And thanks to anyone else that said anything, you guys are zee best! I'll have an updated mix up some time tonight.

Ganks: The guitars actually aren't high-passed much at all, only about 50hz if I remember correctly... I just always tend to add too much top-end into everything, which is probably what you're hearing. I'll have a look though and see if I can get things sounding a bit chunkier...

I'll have to ask the band about uploading the raw tracks for you to try out mixing though dude, as I'm not sure they'd even be happy that I posted this up here :p I'm just a bit stuck with what to do so I thought I'd see what opinions people could give me.

Ichigoueda: Love you too bro. :p

Nuno Filipe: Yeah the limiting on the mastering chain could definitely come back off a bit, but at the moment it's literally just running into a rough chain I use for mixing, so when I get around to mastering it properly, hopefully it'll sound a bit less squashed. Could you possibly explain further what you mean about the stereo imaging?

Ryan: Cheers man :D

Mike 24: Cheers dude, yeah I think there's definitely room to improve on the guitar sound. It's just pod man.

chrisrivalry: Yeah man that's definitely true, especially on the singing parts. We did a rough vocal run-through with a hand-held mic and I had to cut a lot of the lows because of the popping, but then when we re-tracked the vocals properly I forgot to remove it so that shouldn't be too much of a difficult fix. Cheers dude! :)

Nauru: Yeah man, there actually already is a reverb bus that has the snare and toms sent to it to try to make them gel a bit better, I think it'd be a bit more apparent if 1. I turned it up a bit, and 2. The mastering wasn't squashing so much of the life out of the snare haha. Cheers man. :)

And thanks to anyone else that said anything, you guys are zee best! I'll have an updated mix up some time tonight.

MATE! PUT UP THE STEMS! NOWWWWWWWW!!!! DO IT!!! NOWW!!!

It's fun to see more metal based melodic hardcore grow.
Nice mix, more low mid on the guitars.
Also you can get more out of podfarm.
Great song and nice mix!

Drop the snare a bit and take some of the body out of it and give it more crack id say.......
But other than that i really like this mix, id keep tracking them gang vocals up though sound a bit weak to me......