A band that sounds a lot like For The Fallen Dreams...

@Scissors61 Sweet mix man, really digging it, I just wondered what kind of set up you used on the pod? The actual gain sounds good and thick, though that may be the bass.

Now before I get jumped to a rousing war cry "XX% of tone is from the fingers" (Which I still think for the most part is a big pile of shit - you could take the same guitarist playing through an engl and run him through a crate and it WILL sound DRASTICALLY different :D) I'll say that SOME of the tone is from the fingers, so with that in mind I'd be interested to know if they were hitting hard or whether you had a good level of boost/gain running?

Any information is welcome!

:groan: And while this may be unneccessary, I've seen the way people lurk waiting to pounce on an honest question so I will clarify now that YES I am aware his settings will not be the same for me and I am aware that I will have to tailor it mix by mix.

@Scissors61 Sweet mix man, really digging it, I just wondered what kind of set up you used on the pod? The actual gain sounds good and thick, though that may be the bass.

Now before I get jumped to a rousing war cry "XX% of tone is from the fingers" (Which I still think for the most part is a big pile of shit - you could take the same guitarist playing through an engl and run him through a crate and it WILL sound DRASTICALLY different :D) I'll say that SOME of the tone is from the fingers, so with that in mind I'd be interested to know if they were hitting hard or whether you had a good level of boost/gain running?

Any information is welcome!

The pod was pretty much classic Sturgis-esque settings. :p

Cali Diamondplate model with a screamer, treadplate cab and condenser mic with 0% room sound. The gain was probably set at about 50%.

The dude hit the strings fairly hard. Nothing over the top.

that bass is ridiculously present lol sounds like a humming ufo / really roomy drums
vocals are good