A breath of fresh air from A#

Shaun Werle

Dec 30, 2009
Brodheadsville PA
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5865601/OBS FINAL MASTER.mp3

There's a few things i would have done different, But i am have been tracking bands and haven't had time to mix this so I had to mix this whole thing in a day!

A lot of clean vocal producing which i am proud of

Give me your opinions please.

I am concerning about the High end in the overall mix. My ears are starting to get used to what needs to be done as far in the high range. Still rough thanks guys!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5865601/OBS FINAL MASTER.mp3

sounds good. really clean and the vocals sit well. i'm really liking the clean vox
nothing sticks out to me. good job

sounds awesome. your mixes always sound so wide haha

Thank you for this, It has been a goal for me to have wide ass mixes. I didn't use any stereo widening plug ins on this mix. I think the cymbals are just really wide and toms are panned 20L and 50R for the other, It feels like how it would feel playing a kit. Thoughts on the cleans?

i know nothing about recording, this site seems cool. the cleans came out so good, it sounds like a less processed version of chango!

snare 12a?

as far of the high end...yeah...the guitars are pretty high endy and that makes them sound thinner...12k is very present on the whole mix...it doesn´t bother that much or anything, but it would be nice to lower it down a bit.

Actually it is the slate snare. I think its preference but im still working out what sounds best for me and the mix. I personally felt this band needed a "bright" mix. It makes the vocals pop more to me. But thanks for your input. Ill definitely take it into consideration :p

the piano which comes in at 2:26 is way too loud and is crushing everything else. had to pause the song 'cause I thought it was coming from somewhere else, haha.
otherwise AWESOME mix. the guitars sound a bit nasal and could use some more "meat". drums are tits, love 'em. sturgis kick?

I agree with Backe. Guitars lack a little balls. But the vocal editing and the drums sound amazing.

the piano which comes in at 2:26 is way too loud and is crushing everything else. had to pause the song 'cause I thought it was coming from somewhere else, haha.
otherwise AWESOME mix. the guitars sound a bit nasal and could use some more "meat". drums are tits, love 'em. sturgis kick?

Had like, 4 hours to edit vocals and mix/master this track so there's some volume issues, It's just one song for a band, So i am not stressing completely.

Thank you for this, It has been a goal for me to have wide ass mixes. I didn't use any stereo widening plug ins on this mix. I think the cymbals are just really wide and toms are panned 20L and 50R for the other, It feels like how it would feel playing a kit. Thoughts on the cleans?

vocals sound really good man, i like pretty much everything about this mix.