Drop G Oceano type mix

SNARE 12A POD XT HURR FUCKING DURR
get the fuck off the forum you venomous little cockbag and take your slate samples with you.

I don't have a problem with you personally YET
I do have a problem with everyone jumping on the sturgis production bandwagon POD XT SLATE 12A HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't proclaim to be the God of all mixing, but this trend of pod xt's and slate 12a every time I come into this subforum makes me want to stick my fingers down my throat and force myself to vomit.
And that's what it is, a fucking trend, and in a few years that whole method of mixing is going to be completely irrelevant and while I'm 100% sure Sturgis himself will adapt (or be rich enough to retire early) guys like you who are ripping off his.. Ahem.. Quote Unquote STYLE are going to be left floundering around like fish out of water.

You aren't Sturgis. This band isn't Oceano. The mix should therefore be different. And while yes, it is different, I suspect that's more down to you not yet being at the level where you can shamelessly rip another guy's work off quite as flawlessly as you'd like.

And stop being an asshole? Psh. I prefer morally ambiguous myself, asshole.

I love reading your posts Gareth ,and i respect you a lot for being a great vocalist, but sometimes you take things a little bit to serious :D , just my 000.2 cents .

I don't have a problem with you personally YET
I do have a problem with everyone jumping on the sturgis production bandwagon POD XT SLATE 12A HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't proclaim to be the God of all mixing, but this trend of pod xt's and slate 12a every time I come into this subforum makes me want to stick my fingers down my throat and force myself to vomit.
And that's what it is, a fucking trend, and in a few years that whole method of mixing is going to be completely irrelevant and while I'm 100% sure Sturgis himself will adapt (or be rich enough to retire early) guys like you who are ripping off his.. Ahem.. Quote Unquote STYLE are going to be left floundering around like fish out of water.

You aren't Sturgis. This band isn't Oceano. The mix should therefore be different. And while yes, it is different, I suspect that's more down to you not yet being at the level where you can shamelessly rip another guy's work off quite as flawlessly as you'd like.

And stop being an asshole? Psh. I prefer morally ambiguous myself, asshole.

I completely understand what you are saying about the "hey i have Pod and Slate, and what's joey settings blahh blahh I get it. This Thread was not named Oceano like because "Joey" recorded them and it has slate and Pod like Joey, it is named Oceano like because it reminds me of the band oceano and i want people who like that band to come in hear and give their opinions on the mix who can relate to the gerne. If it sounded like The Acacia Strain, I would have named it Drop G TAS like, Slate and Pod do not automatically make you Joey sturgis.

I want to start doing things with real amps, and drums but i don't have the Room and time for that, Slate sounds good, Pod sounds good. I will eventually get real amps, and possible real drums in there but i would rather have Pod and Slate, than some shitty drum samples because a poor room, and a guitar tone that i can not change after the band leaves. (I currently don't have a reamp box)

I aplogize for calling you an "asshole" but when you come into this friendly thread and start rudely ranting your opinion like your right and we are all wrong, it is hard to be ractional. No matter what people use, if it works for them than let it be.

As for the Joey thing, His mixes are obviously envied by massive amounts of people, and people are not going to not buy slate and pod and all those other goodies because Joey uses it, Hes successful, His mixes always amaze loads of people. So for someone who can't drop rediculous money on a nice room or 1000s of dollars on nice amps. I don't see a reason in wasting that much time and money to get the equipment that will make you sound just as good as those people with slate and pod. I honestly love natural amps, and drums. I respect it and think it's awesome. But for some who uses all slate and Pod if it sounds good than It is just as awesome.

And i hope you understand just because you have Pod and Slate it doesn't mean you will have tight mixes, I have had slate and pod for a while and i spent hours and hours working to get it sounding how i like it.

No disrespect.

I think this thread is becoming of extremely off topic, and i think this debate shouldn't go much further. shouldn't have even been started in the first place but i am not playing the blame game.
:wave:

I completely understand what you are saying about the "hey i have Pod and Slate, and what's joey settings blahh blahh I get it. This Thread was not named Oceano like because "Joey" recorded them and it has slate and Pod like Joey, it is named Oceano like because it reminds me of the band oceano and i want people who like that band to come in hear and give their opinions on the mix who can relate to the gerne. If it sounded like The Acacia Strain, I would have named it Drop G TAS like, Slate and Pod do not automatically make you Joey sturgis.

I want to start doing things with real amps, and drums but i don't have the Room and time for that, Slate sounds good, Pod sounds good. I will eventually get real amps, and possible real drums in there but i would rather have Pod and Slate, than some shitty drum samples because a poor room, and a guitar tone that i can not change after the band leaves. (I currently don't have a reamp box)

I aplogize for calling you an "asshole" but when you come into this friendly thread and start rudely ranting your opinion like your right and we are all wrong, it is hard to be ractional. No matter what people use, if it works for them than let it be.

As for the Joey thing, His mixes are obviously envied by massive amounts of people, and people are not going to not buy slate and pod and all those other goodies because Joey uses it, Hes successful, His mixes always amaze loads of people. So for someone who can't drop rediculous money on a nice room or 1000s of dollars on nice amps. I don't see a reason in wasting that much time and money to get the equipment that will make you sound just as good as those people with slate and pod. I honestly love natural amps, and drums. I respect it and think it's awesome. But for some who uses all slate and Pod if it sounds good than It is just as awesome.

And i hope you understand just because you have Pod and Slate it doesn't mean you will have tight mixes, I have had slate and pod for a while and i spent hours and hours working to get it sounding how i like it.

No disrespect.

I think this thread is becoming of extremely off topic, and i think this debate shouldn't go much further. shouldn't have even been started in the first place but i am not playing the blame game.
:wave:

+10000

Fuck that, you want to stop this now?
I've barely gotten warmed up.

You know what people immediately think when they hear a mix like this? That is the people who haven't been brought up on a diet of mallcore and sterile production.
The first reaction is laziness.
ANYONE can do a pod slate HURR OZONE ON THE MASTER BUS FINISHED mix.

As well as that, the Slate samples were made purposefully to be blended for meat, not to be used on their fucking own, and come on, the exact same sample Sturgis uses? Give me a fucking break.

And as for Sturgis' work, this is all a personal opinion and all, but I'm enough of an asshole and arrogant enough to state this shit as though it were a fact, so listen closely.
Reference say... 5 of Sturgis' mixes against each other. Now reference 5 of Jens Bogren's mixes against each other. Sure, Jens has his own style, that's a given, but you will not hear him using the exact same fucking settings, the same amps and the same drum samples on a mix to mix basis, and if he does, he doesn't make it obvious.
For that reason alone, Sturgis is no mix engineer worth emulating just for his fucking work ethic. Sure he may be a rich cunt, but there's zero integrity. Or do you not give a shit about integrity and just want to make a bundle too?

And saying I'm going to start using real amps and real drums SOON is a start, but in the mean time, you could always look around for other drum samples and buy aptrigga, hell, you could even pirate it. Keep fucking schtum and nobody will bite your head off for it, not that I condone piracy or anything, but fuck it, let's be realistic.
A quick search of this forum alone will reveal enough drum samples to fuel a hundred full length albums, so much so that you could potentially never bother using slate ever again.

If you don't want to sound like a bad Sturgis rip off, there's shit you can do to avoid cunts like me coming into your topics and pissing on your campfire, fucking your girlfriend and stealing the pegs from your tent before running off into the milky twilight.
Look at amp sims, look at drum samples, there is plenty of shit you can get for free that will distinguish you from the crowd. This is the point I am making. Why pay for pod farm and slate and sound like yet another fucking sturgis clone when you can pay nothing and end up with a sound that is all your own?

Or do you just not give a shit?

edit: and dont feel so obliged to apolagise for calling me an asshole. I am one, fucking deal with it.

No?
I was too busy being myself.

Really. You started mixing in a black hole with no inspiration from any engineers, you just started making completely unique productions without learning anything from anyone?

Seriously dude, I can get why you're sick of the whole slate and pod trend, but we are all essentially here because we are united by the fact that we're trying to make music sound great and learn from each other, and what is you coming in on some self righteous crusade to a thread you don't even have to read if you don't want to gonna help anybody? You saw it said Oceano type mix, yet you came here anyways, so clearly you just wanted to start something.

Really. You started mixing in a black hole with no inspiration from any engineers, you just started making completely unique productions without learning anything from anyone?

Seriously dude, I can get why you're sick of the whole slate and pod trend, but we are all essentially here because we are united by the fact that we're trying to make music sound great and learn from each other, and what is you coming in on some self righteous crusade to a thread you don't even have to read if you don't want to gonna help anybody? You saw it said Oceano type mix, yet you came here anyways, so clearly you just wanted to start something.

Yeah, that's how it is.

And yeah, I saw an oceano type mix topic and I saw potential to bitch out some poor cunt with a set of slate samples, problem?

band: "can we give you $150/song for sturgis clone mixes?"
me: "absolutely."

profit.

haha i love you all.

I would love to say this place helped me learn so much, not just Pod and Slate. I respect ever member on this forum who has a question and/or answer.
We all help eachother grow from all over the world. Without this forum I would be set back a year, maybe two. I've become a well looked at establishment for recording as a local studio, why? because reading on here, working hard with what i have. getting tips. Even getting downed. A few studios around me have slate and Pod and still people come to me And my brother, because i work hard as an engineer getting drums edited perfectly, chopping up riffs to make them tight for people who can't play a whole riff without messing it up.

I think Joey indirectly taught young engineers like the couple people on this thread and forum that to make the best with what you have to work hard getting good takes. and tweaking and learning from mistakes and trying
almost like the trial and error method. Recording is not all about the equipment it is about the time and effort you use to make it work.

It's almost like saying, I grow and hunt my own food, because i am not doing what other people do. Or is it easyer and better in some cases to buy it from a supermarket just like everyone else.

I am not wrong, neither are you.
being rude and expressing your opinion in a negative way is wrong and makes everyone not want to even listen what you have to say.
different more mature approach would prove your point rather than acting like a child. :Spam: <----(that smile just makes me laugh everytime)

IDK but I see his answer coming : I'm being an ass I don't care bla bla.

Self-indulgence at its best. Nice to see you learned things with no other inspiration than your godlike self.
You knew how to do everything and learned out of nothing. And no one had ideas you saw and used yourself afterwards. You don't use any techniques you learned from something else or is popular, and you created a unique sound that has never been heard before.

That's what you're saying?

Originally Posted by narcossintese View Post
Those who make intolerance a way of life doesn´t deserve any tolerance or respect

Funny.

Yeah, that's how it is.

And yeah, I saw an oceano type mix topic and I saw potential to bitch out some poor cunt with a set of slate samples, problem?

no lie. its people like you that make me dislike posting anything on this forum.

there is absolutely no need for that type of behaviour. you could have left it well alone and though to yourself "oh well another fucking clone etc" but instead you come on this thread ranting and clearly just..well for me your embarrassing yourself by keeping up this one man crusade farce..

sort it out man

no lie. its people like you that make me dislike posting anything on this forum.

there is absolutely no need for that type of behaviour. you could have left it well alone and though to yourself "oh well another fucking clone etc" but instead you come on this thread ranting and clearly just..well for me your embarrassing yourself by keeping up this one man crusade farce..

sort it out man

:D