a cool idea for a opeth medley

Battering Ram

New Metal Member
Oct 16, 2004
i was just listening to the deliverence album and i foudn a cool link for two songs, on a fair judgement when it hits 8:06 quickly change to masters apprentices (i done it on media player) and the two songs link perfectly, wierd and random i know but i found it pretty cool

Hmmmm, well at least that means they would leave off that horrible ending riff

Yeah it does go on longer than I'd like, but it's my favorite song on that album overall. Some parts of Master's Apprentices almost make me want to vote that one, but his growl is a lot lower than I'm used to the rest of the time. (It's damn cool when he switches from clean to growling really deep: "plunging into the deepest void / departed shell left drained behind.")

Edit: What about the end of "Deliverance"? That part seems to go on for ages... I really love that song too, but it does repeat during the end for a minute or two there.

I just realized I even like parts of Wreath, my least favorite Opeth song. I way under-rated it because of the intro, but it gets pretty good there.

"Nothing's left here..."

That's one of my favourite songs, but really, the ending isn't very interesting, so i always change the track in the end of that song, but i've never catched that moment with Master's Apprentices... i should try.. :)

yeah the outros on deliverance and a fair judgement each went a good 3 minutes too long, but other than that, they are two of my favorite opeth songs, overall.
and i like the idea of going into master's right after "nothing left here"

Born Dead said:
"Nothing's left here..."

That's one of my favourite songs, but really, the ending isn't very interesting, so i always change the track in the end of that song, but i've never catched that moment with Master's Apprentices... i should try.. :)

4:57 is where the interlude starts and the growl starts at 7:46. :)

I've always been a big fan of the ending of Deliverance! I'm probably close to the only one here, but it's close to my favourite part of the song. It just pounds my head in!

I told Martin Lopez that I coudln't stop tapping my feet to that bit. He told me that I should do the bass drum and he'll do the rest. Sorry, just a little anecdote that i thought i'd sneak in. Meeting Opeth almost made me jizz my pants (and apparently according to one of my friends, her friend actually did.)

The ending riff to A Fair Judgement is fantastic...total Morbid Angel influence there. It would make sense to go from that outro to the intro of Master's Apprentices which is heavily Morbid Angel as well.

Anarkissed said:
I've always been a big fan of the ending of Deliverance! I'm probably close to the only one here, but it's close to my favourite part of the song. It just pounds my head in!

I told Martin Lopez that I coudln't stop tapping my feet to that bit. He told me that I should do the bass drum and he'll do the rest. Sorry, just a little anecdote that i thought i'd sneak in. Meeting Opeth almost made me jizz my pants (and apparently according to one of my friends, her friend actually did.)

Yeah I love the riff too, I love it when the small backgroud distortion at the 13.00 min mark comes in its so cinemtaic

deliverance said:
orgasming without manipulation is pretty talented.

HAHA that reads funny, with your sig below it.

Your idea for a medley intregues me, but they should play a still life medley more, or play the deliverence medley, and play more still life songs, either way there need to be more still life songs on the setlist.