A fond farewell to my metal brethren...

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
This will be my last week of posting for awhile as I embark on my summer vacation/book tour. I'll pop in from time to time, when I can. But I'll be doing alot of traveling, camping, and staying with friends, so my online time will be sporadic at best.

I will miss you guys and gals (most of you, anyway!) and I hope things haven't changed too much when I get back in September. I expect Hawk will take good care of the Flock and only peck the flesh off the rabble-rousers.

My Appreciation Statement to UMOS:

UMOS is a very special hideaway on the internet for intelligent, respectful metalheads to gather and not be ambushed by snerts and trolls. I've been a member of at least 50 communities since I got the internet back in '96, but UMOS is the only one I stayed at longer than a few months.

I joined in December of last year so I could post on the Orphaned Land boards. There wasn't a whole lot of activity that I could understand (being American) so I started drifting around on Ultimate Metal and found this forum. UMOS appealed to me right at the start. It wasn't too big, and it wasn't too small. It was just right. And the best part, it wasn't "cliquey". Although the core group had already been established, everyone warmly welcomed me from the time of my first post. And I'm not talking about the generic "welcoming committee" of most online communities where a few assigned members give you lip service and promptly ignore you by only talking amongst themselves in private code. Guys like Wyvern, Zeppie, JohnnyD, Hawk, carnut, Bryant, etc. all made me feel like I was just an old friend; an old-school, old friend.

I thank you all, those mentioned above and those not, and I hope you all can take a moment to appreciate just how special this forum is when compared to cliquefests and dogfights you find elsewhere on the Internet.

UMOS RULES! :worship:

Well let me be the first to say, you will be missed. Buttt....sounds like a great summer to me....so I'm just a bit jealous :) Be safe and have a great time :)

Have a great summer TSO !!
If your book ever gets translated to Dutch let me know :loco:
Guess I'll have to struggle myselve through the English version once o_O

I'm infinitely jealous -- I'm in dire need of some travelling and camping myself.

TSO it been an honor having you here. I hope one day we will have the time and the recourses to realize our common dream. Until then I wish you a great vacation and hope to see you back again.

Be well bro'

TSO have a great vacation, enjoy every single minute and take care. May the Force be with you :D

delize, I should've mentioned you with the rest of the original gang! I knew I'd forget someone. :cry:

Thank you all for the well wishes, my friends. I won't be anywhere near Indy or Vermont though! I'm a regional author due to limited finances. I pretty much just hit Arizona, Nevada, Idaho and Montana, places where I know people I can stay with (and my stories are set). I'd need to hit the best-seller list to do a country-wide tour. I may get there someday, but right now I'm pure "underground". :)

To be honest, this is really just a three month vacation with a few spur-of-the-moment appearances (which are usually at bars where Budweiser and Coors and Moosehead loosen up the purse-strings). Then there is usually some local radio/newspaper interviews. I'll be promoting my new book, but mostly I'll be partying with old friends that I've known since high school. And when I'm not doing that, I'll be driving all the remote mountain roads, counting the wildlife, jammin to my tunes, drinking my beer and tokin' my maryjane.

There are alot of challenges to preparing for a three-month vacation, but I can honestly tell you that deciding which 150 cds to bring with me is the most challenging!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Thanks buddy! >:p~

Dude you are a lifesaver. I used to have to make all of those long winded posts that took too much brainpower. I let you do that once you became comfortable here. I can't handle the responsibility anymore.:loco:

Bryant

TSO... hope you have a great time, we'lll be thinking about ya :wave:

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
delize, I should've mentioned you with the rest of the original gang! I knew I'd forget someone. :cry:

Aww that's ok! Don't worry about :)