New moderator in town !!

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
When you look below right on the UMOS pages in the "moderators" box you see a new name appeared....Yeah, or good ol' Hawk has become moderator for UMOS !!
He was asked to do this by Deron, and after a long time of thinking (yeah, about 2 secs) Hawk excepted the job.
Lately lots of discussions here got out of hand and Deron needed an inside UMOS-er to keep things in line a bit. Most of us know Hawk for his strong opinions, But I'm sure he will mellow out to allow everything to be discussed on the forum, but I'm also sure he will be strict when discussions get out of hand !!!

Do a good job Hawk !!!! :headbang:

Hawks not going to Storm through here like Hitler .. Just Manage things which is good Ms.A is Great and she has always helped me out but having Hawk there will be a good thing I always thought we needed "one of us" in there that really understands and is a active part of the comunity Deron made a great move giving the job to Hawk!!! I'm Excited

Wow, I didn't even know this forum had a moderator. What I wonder is what exactly would be offensive to this group?? :)

Let's see...
Cursing? Not offensive
Satanic lyrics? Nope
Sex and nudity? I doubt it
Drug use? Geez, I hope not

Someone would have to be a real ass to get moderated on this forum! :D

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Wow, I didn't even know this forum had a moderator. What I wonder is what exactly would be offensive to this group?? :)

I have been a moderator since today and before that we had ms. anthrope who has been doing a great job! Look at the lower right of the forum. Thats were we both are mentioned.

Let's see...
Cursing? Not offensive

It would depend. If it would be offensive and insulting enough I would delete it and warn the poster...

Satanic lyrics? Nope

Nope indeed.

Sex and nudity? I doubt it

Again, it depends. Posting explicit sexual pictures would be reason to get anyone in trouble. But explicit and rude sexual language would also be deleted and I would PM the poster. It would of course be dependent on the context.

The infamous "Who would like to bang..." is an example of a tread that will not be tolerated.

Drug use? Geez, I hope not

Some of my best friends would be in trouble :) :lol:

Someone would have to be a real ass to get moderated on this forum! :D

Well, we'll have to wait and see.

Whats for sure is that I would be looking at the tone of the ongoing debates. Always remember that music is a very personal choice and that people invest a lot emotion into their favorite music and bands.

If someone would post remarks like "This band sucks" without giving any context, reason or motivation then I would delete that message for sure.
I PM him or her and explain why I deleted the message and request a more civilized behavior and tone next time.

This is the Ultimate Metal Old School Forum!

We value reasoned and civilized debate with respect for each others context and personal choices.

For flame wars, personal attacks and rude or juvenile behavior there are lots of other forums on UM and the Internet. We will have none of that here.

I hope this answers your questions :wave:

Hawk said:
It would depend. If it would be offensive and insulting enough I would delete it and warn the poster...

So I can no longer say: Fuck this record is the shit?

Again, it depends. Posting explicit sexual pictures would be reason to get anyone in trouble. But explicit and rude sexual language would also be deleted and I would PM the poster. It would of course be dependent on the context.

Can I get away with this?

AngelinaJolieinalicecoopert-shirtstaringrightthroughyou.jpg

Some of my best friends would be in trouble :) :lol:

Ditto here :p

If someone would post remarks like "This band sucks" without giving any context, reason or motivation why the poster did not like the band I would delete that message for sure and PM him or her and request a more civilized behavior next time.

Yeah now flaming intruders like the ones we had some weeks ago will be a thing of the past. With Hawk in command I'm sure we are not going to get more stupidity rampaging in UMOS.

Wyvern said:
So I can no longer say: Fuck this record is the shit?

Can I get away with this?

AngelinaJolieinalicecoopert-shirtstaringrightthroughyou.jpg

Of course you can. a long as you do it in a civilized manner :) You know very well what I mean Wyv :) I am talking about hard-core pron.

Wyvern said:
Yeah now flaming intruders like the ones we had some weeks ago will be a thing of the past. With Hawk in command I'm sure we are not going to get more stupidity rampaging in UMOS.

Again, we'll have to wait and see. But thanks for the tumbs up buddy :)

Hawk said:
Of course you can. a long as you do it in a civilized manner :) You know very well what I mean Wyv :) I am talking about hard-core pron.

Again, we'll have to wait and see. But thanks for the tumbs up buddy :)

Oh no that goes by PM only :lol:

And you're welcome, supported and please whataver help you nedd, just ask.

as long as personal grudges dont cloud his judgement and that a person has a right to dislike a band and say so without punishment because it happens to be one of his favorite bands i dont have a problem with Hawk being a Mod...

Everybody has the right to like or dislike a band nobody has a right to be a dick about it ... cept for me ..because thats all I know lol .. I'v said it 5,000,000 time brfore its about respecting your fellow posters