IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please everyone read this!

Hawk, it takes a real man to own up and be so honest! We do not think less of you for your music taste, but rather more for the truth! I hope you never leave us, there is always space in our hearts and in this forum!

I know I have not been regular for the last few months, but I always come back and this place is never forgotten. :)

You've let the music take you where it will. So be it. We all change. Tastes change. I used to hate broccoli. Now I like it a lot. Excellent choice! :headbang:

Thanks my friend. :)

Too bad Hawk you was cool moderator. Well I think Wyvener if anyone can do this job. Cheers:headbang:

Thank you. I have a lot of trust in Wyvern. great to see I am not the only one.

Pity to see you leave Hawk, you were fair and respectful in the time you were moderator, I'm sure Wyvern will uphold these qualities and hope you don't become a stranger now.

I will visit this place now and then. Perhaps I will even participate more than before.

Hawk, it takes a real man to own up and be so honest! We do not think less of you for your music taste, but rather more for the truth! I hope you never leave us, there is always space in our hearts and in this forum!

I know I have not been regular for the last few months, but I always come back and this place is never forgotten. :)

Thank you Pabla. Thats really nice of you. :)

Great post for the last time as "Moderator." I totally understand your decision. You rock my Brother and I appreciate the fact that you feel moderator duties would be best handled by someone else. I also think you made a very wise decision with your nomination. In many ways, when I think of UMOS, I think of Brother Vern and his dedication to this foum.
If you disappear from this forum.... I know your real name, address and phone number. I will send one of my Dutch henchmen to kick your ass !! Ha ha ha. In all seriousness, I hope you will stick around. We all love you here and UMOS would not be the same without you.

Bryant

i never knew who was a moderator here but whether you are or aren't i hope everyone continues to post on these forums

I never thought of Hawk as a moderator. He must have had a pretty easy job with the people who frequent here. I hope he sticks around. His metal knowledge and experience is one of the driving forces behind this board. Job well done, Hawk! Enjoy your retirement!!

Hawk is really a GMDer and not a Old Schooler? :OMG:

And to think I felt like the odd man out in this forum for liking Black Metal and such... :zombie:

Anyways Hawk was a good Mod.... always fair unlike Mod's in other forums on this site... I'm sure Wyv will do just as good a job...

Great post for the last time as "Moderator." I totally understand your decision. You rock my Brother and I appreciate the fact that you feel moderator duties would be best handled by someone else. I also think you made a very wise decision with your nomination. In many ways, when I think of UMOS, I think of Brother Vern and his dedication to this foum.
If you disappear from this forum.... I know your real name, address and phone number. I will send one of my Dutch henchmen to kick your ass !! Ha ha ha. In all seriousness, I hope you will stick around. We all love you here and UMOS would not be the same without you.

Bryant

Thanks Bryant. I am looking forward to meeting your henchmen if they have your sense of humor I know I will have a good laugh before they finish me of. :lol:

i never knew who was a moderator here but whether you are or aren't i hope everyone continues to post on these forums

I will Matt don't worry about that.

I never thought of Hawk as a moderator. He must have had a pretty easy job with the people who frequent here. I hope he sticks around. His metal knowledge and experience is one of the driving forces behind this board. Job well done, Hawk! Enjoy your retirement!!

Thanks for the compliments buddy. :) I do enjoy my retirement. A lazy bastard like me loves hanging around and doing nothing.

Adios Hawk. I'll miss you brother.
I think it's great that you're keeping up with the times and aren't afraid to listen to modern metal.
,,/

I can't seem to help it. I love discovering new bands and new directions in the metal scene.

Hawk is really a GMDer and not a Old Schooler? :OMG:

And to think I felt like the odd man out in this forum for liking Black Metal and such... :zombie:

Anyways Hawk was a good Mod.... always fair unlike Mod's in other forums on this site... I'm sure Wyv will do just as good a job...

Thanks man! I really appreciate that. Consider me a GMDer who loves UMOS! How about that? ;)

Thanks man! I really appreciate that. Consider me a GMDer who loves UMOS! How about that? ;)

Psycho Therapy
Psycho Therapy
Psycho Therapy
Psycho Therapy
Psycho Therapy
Psycho Therapy
:p

Hawk, I never really had the chance to meet you but Rolando always speaks great things about you. Based on your heartfelt statement, he was right. Your honesty is to be admired and I understand completely why it is important to be true to yourself and your principles. Just like yourself, my work on my website and the radio station, forces me to be in touch with latest stuff out there. I really don't have a problem with that because there is great material out there for everyone to enjoy. Still, I don't think I will ever stop being Old School. NOW is a great time to be a metalhead but when you have lived some of the evolution of our beloved genre, there's something special about that. In that sense, we are all Old School.:)

Take care, bro and much success to you in the future!:headbang:

I know most don't care for it but which BM bands and/or albums do you like?

Ok let me see. One band I particularly like is Norway's

Elite

http://www.myspace.com/elitenorway

I also like Kampfar

http://www.myspace.com/norsepagans

Emperor

http://www.myspace.com/emperorhorde

Immortal

http://www.myspace.com/immortalofficial

Especially their album 'At The Heart Of Winter'

And

Taake

http://www.myspace.com/taaketnbm

I just started to discover this genre and I am taking it one step at the time.
Band by band. No Rush. ;)

Some recent death metal kicks!

Kataklysm, Aborted, Daath(GREAT!!!), Vader, (their new EP 'Lead US!! is great!), Toxocara (Dutch band), Omnium Gatherum, Novembers Doom :headbang: [This might be my favorite band now!], Necrophagist ( I love this band!!), Into Eternity (not pure death metal but I love them anyway!), Gojira (Death with industrial influences!),

Hawk, I never really had the chance to meet you but Rolando always speaks great things about you. Based on your heartfelt statement, he was right. Your honesty is to be admired and I understand completely why it is important to be true to yourself and your principles. Just like yourself, my work on my website and the radio station, forces me to be in touch with latest stuff out there. I really don't have a problem with that because there is great material out there for everyone to enjoy. Still, I don't think I will ever stop being Old School. NOW is a great time to be a metalhead but when you have lived some of the evolution of our beloved genre, there's something special about that. In that sense, we are all Old School.:)

Thanks so much for your kind comment Robbie. And you are right that in a sens we are all old school. Thats a nice one! :) I hope to meet you and my good friend Wyvern one day. :wave:

hello fellow Tico :wave:

Ok let me see. One band I particularly like is Norway's

Elite

I also like Kampfar

Emperor I worship them

Immortal

Especially their album 'At The Heart Of Winter'
And

Taake

Band by band. No Rush. ;) Some recent death metal kicks!

Kataklysm, Aborted, Daath(GREAT!!!), Vader, (their new EP 'Lead US!! is great!), Toxocara (Dutch band), Omnium Gatherum, Novembers Doom :headbang: [This might be my favorite band now!], Necrophagist ( I love this band!!), Into Eternity (not pure death metal but I love them anyway!), Gojira (Death with industrial influences!),

Thanks so much for your kind comment Robbie. And you are right that in a sens we are all old school. Thats a nice one! :) I hope to meet you and my good friend Wyvern one day. :wave:

Elite - never heard of them

I also like Kampfar - never heard of them as well

Emperor -I worship them.. saw them live in NYC this past summer.

Immortal - another one i worship...

Especially their album 'At The Heart Of Winter' -This is my fave album along with Sons of Darkness.. I recently got Pure Holocaust but i need it to grow on me...

And

Taake - This is one I'm interested in and have on my to buy CD list but haven't run across the CD's in NYC yet.. and i hate buying online

Band by band. No Rush. ;) - Let me know... i can recommend some bands and albums..

As for Death Metal... i'm not a big fan of the genre but do want to explore it more... the one band i do worship is Bloodbath though and i highly recommend their albums... I also like Behemoth... if you want a excellent Death/Black metal combo then no doubt you should get Belphegor's albums... excellent excellent band... but in terms of other DM bands i plan to explore Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Death, etc. Of the bands you named I have and like November's Doom though I would consider them more a Doom/Death metal combo then strictly Death...

As for Death Metal... i'm not a big fan of the genre but do want to explore it more... the one band i do worship is Bloodbath though and i highly recommend their albums... I also like Behemoth... if you want a excellent Death/Black metal combo then no doubt you should get Belphegor's albums... excellent excellent band... but in terms of other DM bands i plan to explore Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Death, etc. Of the bands you named I have and like November's Doom though I would consider them more a Doom/Death metal combo then strictly Death...

I know and have known Nile, Cannibal Corpse and Death. I have seen Death live at the Dynamo Open Air festival. I can't remember what year. but that gig has been released on DVD.

You write English very well! Maybe Rolando could hire you to translate for him here on UMOS. :p