Pretty Harsh monitoring going on around here!

DumbAss

Supreme Ruler of the Sofa
Sep 20, 2005
Montreal
1) This is the Old School forum. Not a babes forum so keep this tread op topic.

2) Show respect to our female members or you are in big trouble!

3) Disrespecting our regulars is no joke, read the rules.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=192052

4) This forum should be open to anyone. If you want to post images that would not be accepted in a family orientented forum than don't post them here.

The above rules are not open to discussion.

This topic is closed for now. And I will only open it if I get request by the regulars on this forum.

Hawk
UMOS Moderator

That's the law. And the unlike the song we don't go 'breaking the law' .;)

Hawk was appointed moderator because he's the elder of the tribe, a very intelligent person and someone with a fine understandment of what UMOS must be.

It may seem harsh but I prefer that any given day than the chaos and bad vibes reigning in most metal forums.

I want publically to apologize for my bad contribution to that thread and always express my support to Hawk and the forum way of life.

Peace to all :wave:

Hawk does a fantastic job as moderator and he will edit, delete and lock threads he feels are offensive, rude or wrong. I apoligize if I offended any of you men/boys with my comment. I meant it with a lot of humor but did not mean to offend anyone. :erk:

JonnyD said:
and your point is? ...
Actually, my point was just how there is some pretty harsh monitoring going on around here.
It seems to me that there really is no point in locking a thread that people are posting in. Obviously people are interested enough to visit.
I thought forums were places where people could get togather and share dicussions and opinions, and yeah, even trash each other sometimes.
I'm not suggesting people should put up with nasty or offensive shit ( oops, can I say that here )
Anyway, that's my two cents.... if anyone cares.
Guess not. :cry:

DumbAss said:
Anyway, that's my two cents.... if anyone cares.
Guess not. :cry:

Don't feel bad, actually I'm glad you brought up the subject to allow me to apologize.

And don't take JDs post to harsh either even if he's our official bouncer, once you know him he's a lovable teddy (psychotically derranged) bear :p :lol:

If you can survive the welcome wagon and stay around you'll see that even if absolutely crazy we are a nice tribe, very united and we always defend out people and our way of life in the forum.

Just read the rules (I forget them too from time to time), keep posting and have a nice time :wave:

It seems some of us may joke with each other and that can be okay between us, but it doesn't always mean that someone else who is reading that particular thread isn't reading it from a differant perspective...hence they may find it rude, nasty or offensive.

I feel Hawk's reaction was good,and that's not just because he's a good friend...I visit some other forums and allway am very annoyed when I quickly have to click away some nudes becouse my kids run around here... A better way if you really, really wanna show some nude stuff (I know it's hard Wyv ;-) is to put up a link to pics with mentioning of 18+ or so... For me the thread can be opened again, if everyone keeps it a bit decent...

Personally i didnt find it offensive... were all adults here as far as i can tell about the OS gang... and i didnt see anyone getting offended by that thread... ive seen threads in the past with chick pics by Bryant and others not get locked so to me this thread being locked was premature... I didnt see Kitty who is pretty much the resident OS chick get offended... what was said in that thread was all tongue in cheek so to speak.. as for kids seeing those pics... they werent that raunchy IMO.. they see more at the local beach in the summer... but hey thats just my opinion and it rarely counts on this forum lol ... was just a premature lock and perhaps should of been discussed with the members before doing so since as far as i saw no one complained about it... unless i miss a post somewhere?? ...

i know Sixx.. but if no one at the time seemed to have been offended... then why lock it? unless he was getting complaints privately which he didnt say he was... i like Hawk.. i just thought it was premature.. no one was fighting or getting offended as far as i could tell. did u see otherwise? <shrugs> .... everyone was laughing, joking and having fun... males and females alike (well Kitty.. she was the only female lol) ... oh well... que cerar cerar ....

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
i know Sixx.. but if no one at the time seemed to have been offended... then why lock it? unless he was getting complaints privately which he didnt say he was... i like Hawk.. i just thought it was premature.. no one was fighting or getting offended as far as i could tell. did u see otherwise? <shrugs> .... everyone was laughing, joking and having fun... males and females alike (well Kitty.. she was the only female lol) ... oh well... que cerar cerar ....

True you did not see any offensive pictures in that tread. That was because I deleted them and warned the poster not to do it again.

After KittyBeast posted here picture someone posted a picture of a hand that made a masturbation movement with Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh written underneath it.

You have no idea how many time a month I have to point out to people that we have certain guidelines. 99% of the time they react very positively because UMOS has because a value to them in a short time. But there is a lot of communication going on behind what you see on the board.

I want to thanks my friends for sticking up for he rules we agreed to. :wave:

Dumbass you are just as welcome as anyone else here. And you are free to criticize me when you want. But remember that our rules are a product of a general agreement with regulars that have been posting here for years and years.

Our rules are here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192052

There are a lot of forums that hardly moderate at all. One of them you will find here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

There you are free to rumble and tumble as much as you like. I do hope however that you will continue to visit us with a renewed understanding about what this small knit community of friends is really about.

Hawk said:
True you did not see any offensive pictures in that tread. That was because I deleted them and warned the poster not to do it again.

After KittyBeast posted here picture someone posted a picture of a hand that made a masturbation movement with Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh written underneath it.

Thanks a lot on double basis:

1. To take care of business
  2. To explain it. I thought it was me (even if I believed I kept restrained) and I was surprised you didn't slap my wrist on PM :p
Then two things got me:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Personally i didnt find it offensive... were all adults here as far as i can tell about the OS gang..
carnut said:
I visit some other forums and allway am very annoyed when I quickly have to click away some nudes becouse my kids run around here

I like UM believe we are all consent adults at UMOS, but also acknowledge carnut problem. That even if dad/mom is at the monitor the kids may be around the monitor, and I'm sure if pretty difficult for parents to kept the kids away and have some "privacy" while on a forum.

Since I don't have kids I had never saw the issue before, still I believe this is my space and share it with other adults and we all know the stakes when we are at the forum.

I can't promise I'll be clean as a whistle in the future, but I'll do the best I can to keep things at bay (FYEO when apply)

NP: Iommi/Hughes - 'Let It Down Easy'

Wyvern said:
I can't promise I'll be clean as a whistle in the future, but I'll do the best I can to keep things at bay (FYEO when apply)

I didn's see your post as that "nude" either, it sure wasn't over the top...I ment the explicit nude stuff that sometimes pops up on forums...wasn't referring to you really...shouldn't have mentioned your name there, was more for fun ;)
going to pick up the kids from school now so be carefull what you post :)

kittybeast said:
NO DOUBT!^ I was in Nevermore earlier and WOW talk about offensive, rude and obnoxious threads.....
That and especially the lack of NVM-related threads have made me skip the NVM forum even though they're one of my favorite bands. There are still some interesting posts/posters from time to time, but way too much off-topic and childish stuff posted every other minute for my liking.

Therefore I think the UMOS rules are smart the way they are : People are free to express whatever is on their mind, positive or negative, as long as they do it in a civilized manner. Sounds good to me.
Fact : those simple rules have kept the place relaxed and friendly most of the time, gathering people from all around the world.

carnut said:
I didn's see your post as that "nude" either, it sure wasn't over the top...I ment the explicit nude stuff that sometimes pops up on forums...wasn't referring to you really...shouldn't have mentioned your name there, was more for fun ;)
going to pick up the kids from school now so be carefull what you post :)

Appreciate the clarification :wave: Still you are right and so restrain must be exercised in some topics.

How come you are picking the kids form school so early in the morning?
d055.gif