a gathering of bests

would you like to have an official DT Chatroom?

• Yes i would some more real time interactino would be nice

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No its a stupid idea the board its enough as it is

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Indiferent

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Misanthrope

Latin, NOT Mexican.
Oct 11, 2001
My House.
www.i-mockery.com
Watching this new who is online feature would make me wonder...how many of you would like the idea of an official DT Chatroom?
If enough people would the idea a lot of us could volunteer to moderate or just idle there :D

Damn
it should say interaction :cry:
sorry for the mistake
stupid fingers! stupid stupid fingers!

i don't think a chatroom would prosper like this new forum. most of the vistors check in once or twice a day, a chat would be quite empty most of the time. a second problem is the time offset. we got people from all around the world, and if you want to meet in the chatroom at a defined time, half of the users are in bed/@work etc.

Thanks for the input

And yes i have thought of that but there would be more people around cause its real time and you dont need to register and stuff like that wich believe it or not can be intimidating for newbies
besides on irc i know a whole bunch of people that doesnt check boards but would jump ahead to a channel it could attrack new people that like a different form of discution

But anyway that is why im making this poll to see how many people from here would like it

I don't think this board needs a chatroom, right now.
It'd be empty most of the time, I agree (and, if I don't go wrong, a DT chatroom already exists, somewhere).
Too bad chatrooms pick up the bad habits to attracting each kind of spammers/squatters/lobotomized, _not_ just them (no offence meant to all the chat thing lovers of course), but why swapping round the difference for a "good-enough-band-with-a-good-enough-homepage" ' average flattening ?

I see this board as the best place to say what we need to say.

a

If one is done it MUST be on IRC, else would be crappy...
IRC is the spirit of chat XDDDDD and obviously I would drop from time to time, and could iddle forever there XD

hmmmm isn't it strange that I haven't ever met someone who hates IRC???
perhaps i'm the only one who does....

a chat would be a good idea.. but i don't know if i'll be there often...I'm not even entering my favourite chat so often anymore...

well for the 9 of you who voted yes im gonna try to start something in irc, undernet network
the channel name its #Followers_Of_Hedon for now, i might change it if someone comes up with something better.
I dont try to make this any official thing i just feel like inviting everyone in the forum to a irc channel that its about DT discussion....
and those 7 ppl who voted agains you too can all come by and say 'HI, This is a stupid idea, Goodbye'
:D

( My nick its Velya atm, sometimes changes to S_Vykos or Lugoj, if you dont have a clue of what irc is and still interested go to www.mirc.com )

#followers_of_hedon????
that's too long!!!
what about #tongues or #suicidal_angels or directly #hedon???
give it a thought