Applying for residency
stargmod.gif
stargmod.gif
stargmod.gif

useroff.gif

Nathan%20Twining.jpg

"If they move, kill 'em."

Hoodies: More dangerous than Anthrax? « on: May 19, 2005, 10:38:37 am »
So, I'm slightly surprised that no-one here has said anything yet about the Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent banning people wearing caps and hoods.

Not because I imagine any of us are that bothered about what happens in Kentish shopping centres, but
a) Nottingham has a fairly obvious connection with Hoods
robinhood.gif
b) I know many of you enjoy sporting a hoodie whilst out and about
and c) the really newsworthy thing is that the PM, the Deputy PM and the 'Minister for Anti-Social Behaviour' have all welcomed the ban.

Whilst businesses can pick and choose who they allow on to their premises, I suppose (although I think the ban is pretty stupid, hostile and hypocrital - you can buy Hoodies at Bluewater, but you can't wear them), I do find it worrying that politicians reckon they have a right to tell people what they can and can't wear.

The reasoning behind the ban (apart from people feeling generally threatened by yoots in hoods) seems to be that wearing a cap and a hood makes it very hard to identify you on CCTV. Well... yeah. What did they expect? That if they covered the whole country in cameras everyone would pose and say cheese?

Anyway, whaddya fink?

http://www.nottinghamculture.co.uk/leftlion/index.php?topic=2648.msg47482