vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
From the RBC! This man speaks the truth:

"Messageblatzman

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:22 pm Post subject: From Pitbull to Poodle

A friend and I had a lengthy discussion about Anthrax last night. As, myself, he too is a 20 year fan of the band. As the Blatz was flowing
icon_lol.gif
he concurred that the reunion is a sorry excuse for a cash (however small) grab.

He has been offered free tickets to the Zombie/Anthrax concert in Green Bay tommorrow, and so far he is refusing to go. Although, he says, if he does he is going to make a banner that says, "From Pit Bull to Poodle" and get as close to Scott Ian as possible. My buddy says that Scott will know exactly what he means. I thought it was a brilliant plan.

Anyways we both believe that the old line up was good. And we also figure it was possible to like Joey's voice for what it is. But, any fan, HAS to agree that when Bush came into the line-up. the music & lyrics changed 100% for the better. "Among the Living" is fine. Yet, as Scott has said, it is nothing more than a book report. OK, when you are a 17 year old Anthrax/Stephen King fan. But "Catharsis" is SO much more intelligent, and relevant to an adult. Great music, great lyrics, great voice.

Why would you turn your back on that? Why?

Anthrax in my opinion was the only one of the "big 4" to stay relevant and grow and expand without selling out.

And now the reunion! Also, we concurred that Spits is insane, and that Caggiano is far, far superior to the midget!
From "Pit Bull" to "Poodle" indeed!*

*(Translation for reunion supporters): "From Greatness to Lame Excuse of a band"

Brilliant, in my estimation!:kickass:

Who the fuck cares!!!!!!!!!!the band is making music sharing it with everyone as possible..so who cares..the same feeling goes back when scott,charliie and frank kick joey out of the band..my question was at that time.. WHY???they were going places with joey..I like that anthrax..because with joey's voice at the time they did not sounded like any-one else..that is what was unique NOT SOUNDING LIKE NO-ONE ELSE..and when john came to the band..that was fine too..it took me awhile to get adjust to it..but it was o.k...but my point is that when john came to the band..I hate to say it becasue JOHN BUSH is an awesome singer..he really is!!!!!!!!!! it just started to go down hill with anthrax...IF IT WAS NOT BROKEN WHY DID THEY TRIED TO FIX IT??????

I think personally that Thrax have put themselves (without knowing) in the "Black Sabbath" scenerio.
First you have the Ozzy Sabbath. Everyone loves Ozzy Sabbath.
Then you have Dio Sabbath. I personally prefer Dio Sabbath, no disrespect to Ozzy, I just do.
And if ya wanna be picky they also had Gillan Sabbath (Born Again is brilliant)
So now you have a Band with two incarnations that were both in their own right awesome!
Thrax are in that position, which is a double edged sword. I grew up with Thrax too (Fistful forward....) I loved Joey and Dan back then and was upset when they "left". But on the other hand, when Bush came in I think THRAX became a much better and powerful band. I won't slag either as I am a huge fan of ANTHRAX in general...............I guess that's all I got to say, I'm just going along for the ride. And as long as Thrax doesn't release a "St Anger", well I guess that's all ya need to say right there, isn't it?!

dbluntman said:
I hate to say it becasue JOHN BUSH is an awesome singer..he really is!!!!!!!!!! it just started to go down hill with anthrax...IF IT WAS NOT BROKEN WHY DID THEY TRIED TO FIX IT??????
So you think John Bush was a reason for Anthrax went "down hill", right? Did you ever cross your mind that the problem could be anywhere else...? If you read some interview with Scott, Charlie, John or Frank, you should know that the clue are RECORD COMPANIES not John Bush. When Elektra changed their management, the new Anthrax record (Stomp 442) got a fucking shabby promotion. I remember one interview with Charlie where he said that they'd had a meeting with a then new Elektra boss or something and she was like "if I was here before, I'd never sign the contract with you"........ So Stomp 442 was the last Anthrax record at a big record company but it wasn't caused by John Bush. The reunited band tries to fix now what record companies weren't able to provide by promotion during like 8 years...

freedom of speech...its fucking old,why carry on we all know anthrax has a new found power inside them,me and thoausands of others fans eagerly await an album with danny and joey,quit crying!!!!

for the first time in years anthrax has a real hype about them again,hell they are even getting decent tours...

dbluntman said:
Who the fuck cares!!!!!!!!!!the band is making music sharing it with everyone as possible..so who cares..the same feeling goes back when scott,charliie and frank kick joey out of the band..my question was at that time.. WHY???they were going places with joey..I like that anthrax..because with joey's voice at the time they did not sounded like any-one else..that is what was unique NOT SOUNDING LIKE NO-ONE ELSE..and when john came to the band..that was fine too..it took me awhile to get adjust to it..but it was o.k...but my point is that when john came to the band..I hate to say it becasue JOHN BUSH is an awesome singer..he really is!!!!!!!!!! it just started to go down hill with anthrax...IF IT WAS NOT BROKEN WHY DID THEY TRIED TO FIX IT??????

I fuckin care. Bush is a better fit for the band in this time and age.

tommyv said:
I think personally that Thrax have put themselves (without knowing) in the "Black Sabbath" scenerio.
First you have the Ozzy Sabbath. Everyone loves Ozzy Sabbath.
Then you have Dio Sabbath. I personally prefer Dio Sabbath, no disrespect to Ozzy, I just do.
And if ya wanna be picky they also had Gillan Sabbath (Born Again is brilliant)
So now you have a Band with two incarnations that were both in their own right awesome!
Thrax are in that position, which is a double edged sword. I grew up with Thrax too (Fistful forward....) I loved Joey and Dan back then and was upset when they "left". But on the other hand, when Bush came in I think THRAX became a much better and powerful band. I won't slag either as I am a huge fan of ANTHRAX in general...............I guess that's all I got to say, I'm just going along for the ride. And as long as Thrax doesn't release a "St Anger", well I guess that's all ya need to say right there, isn't it?!

Agreed 100% Tommy. :headbang: :headbang: Although I still prefer John, but thats just my opinion.

They both are good...i just listen to alot of joey becuase all those cd's got destroyed...

Luckily i got Bush era all over my minidisc player. and he is cranked daily.

mrthrax said:
freedom of speech...its fucking old,why carry on we all know anthrax has a new found power inside them,me and thoausands of others fans eagerly await an album with danny and joey,quit crying!!!!

for the first time in years anthrax has a real hype about them again,hell they are even getting decent tours...

Agreed, I've always believed more poular is always better. Oh wait, I'm full of shit. I feel it's my duty to write Scott Ian a letter everytime I hear Bush on my IPOD.

mrthrax said:
freedom of speech...its fucking old,
Not as old as Anthrax's set list, but I don't see the mods threatening to delete threads stating Anthrax is playing "Caught in a Mosh", "I am the law", "Antisocial", "Got the Time" and "Bring the Noise" again. This is an Anthrax board. We aren't allowed to discuss Anthrax here? If the mods really don't want multiple threads with the same topic, then maybe they should sticky one of them to the top, instead of complaining about repeat topics and threatening to censor them. Either that, or they just post a disclaimer that we're only allowed to post on this board if we promise to agree with everything the band does 100% of the time (even when the band itself goes against things that they themselves have previously stated).
why carry on we all know anthrax has a new found power inside them,me and thoausands of others fans eagerly await an album with danny and joey,quit crying!!!!
Thousands of other fans are sick of the nostalgia trip Anthrax is taking and want the band to move forwards, not backwards. Millions of others stopped caring about metal years ago, and won't start caring again just because Joey and Dan are back. Anthrax should be grateful that people like vomit still care enough to post an opinion, instead of moving on and ignoring Anthrax altogether

for the first time in years anthrax has a real hype about them again,
Seriously, where is this "hype" you speak of, besides on this board? They got a little more attention on neutral metal chat boards through the first few months of the reunion tour (half of which were this exact same topic), but the general media ignored it as they have ignored all metal for the past 15 years. Now the only "hype" they get these days are from "tired" threads like these.
hell they are even getting decent tours...
They're playing 8 songs, 3 of which are covers, all of which are at least 15 years old, and they're opening for an artist that used to open for them. That's a decent tour?

The topic is old. You're tired of it. I get that. But the fact that the topic keeps coming up suggests it's still a relevant topic. What tires me is people complaining that the topic tires them. Feel free to stop posting in these threads if they bore you so much.

Well Fuckin' Said nafnikufesin!!!!!:headbang: If the band would just get their heads out of their asses and get John and Rob back all these posts would go away, along with the bandwagon "reunion" fans. So we know we wouldn't have to deal with the posts about people wanting Joey back. All these people that post on here to quit whining about John being gone are the same ones who say be grateful Anthrax is still here to give us music, well, WHERE THE FUCK WERE ALL OF YOU BEFORE APRIL 2005??? Funny how most of you never posted on here until the reunion was official, in fact alot of those people that joined then I don't see anymore, I guess us "reunion bashers" aren't the only ones tired of reliving 1987 for a year and a half.