A great opinion piece...

nafnikufesin said:
...The topic is old. You're tired of it. I get that. But the fact that the topic keeps coming up suggests it's still a relevant topic. What tires me is people complaining that the topic tires them. Feel free to stop posting in these threads if they bore you so much...
I'm bored!:lol:

nafnikufesin said:
They're playing 8 songs, 3 of which are covers, all of which are at least 15 years old, and they're opening for an artist that used to open for them. That's a decent tour?

I'd say any time you play to thousands of kids who had never heard your music before but mosh and buy your t-shirts, that's a good tour.

Anthrax should be grateful that people like vomit still care enough to post an opinion, instead of moving on and ignoring Anthrax altogether

Gracias senor!

I thought more people would comment on the whole from "Pit Bull to Poodle" scenario.
So, do you think Scott would get it? :puke:

mrthrax said:
fact is they are a bigger band with danny and joey in it

what the fuck does this have to do with anything? so you're saying they're doing it for the money and media? basically telling everyone they're sell-outs? that doesn't help your point

I really don't care what Anthrax do to be completely honest, there's a trillion other bands and artists and genres, they can get John and Rob back and continue to explore and expand the realm of Anthrax music, or they can remain a nostalgia act and release an 80's Anthrax tribute record... but if I wanted to hear Among the Living, I'd listen to Among the Living... still, at least they've never completely caved in and released a Black Album or St. Anger

mrthrax said:
anthrax have always done what they have wanted to do.
so? and according to who? basically it doesn't matter to you if the new music is interesting or worthwhile, you'll just buy it because it says Anthrax, integrity or not, right? doesn't matter if it sounds like rehashed 80's crap, or if the music sounds forced to match Joey's cheesy glam vocals... just put out that New Anthrax Album so I can buy it and blast it full volume because it's metal? nothing personal

whether the band believes it or not, they have a lot to prove to anyone outside of that mindset, especially if they stick with the reunion lineup, and frankly I don't know if they have it in them, they can feel free to prove me wrong though

House of Seance said:
so? and according to who? basically it doesn't matter to you if the new music is interesting or worthwhile, you'll just buy it because it says Anthrax, integrity or not, right? doesn't matter if it sounds like rehashed 80's crap, or if the music sounds forced to match Joey's cheesy glam vocals... just put out that New Anthrax Album so I can buy it and blast it full volume because it's metal? nothing personal

whether the band believes it or not, they have a lot to prove to anyone outside of that mindset, especially if they stick with the reunion lineup, and frankly I don't know if they have it in them, they can feel free to prove me wrong though

anthrax havent let me down yet so why should that change now?,i am just giving the classic line up the respect they deserve,i am quite confident a new album with classic line up will be there most ferocious yet,have some faith dude!!!!

This is bullshit. I have nothing against opinions, but saying that when John Bush joined Anthrax their music and lyrics changed 100% for the better? Why the fuck did they usually play half Joey and half John material live if the old songs are so crappy?

DarrellDethSDMF said:
This is bullshit. I have nothing against opinions, but saying that when John Bush joined Anthrax their music and lyrics changed 100% for the better? Why the fuck did they usually play half Joey and half John material live if the old songs are so crappy?

:headbang: Exactly, its funny how Rob C called them a cheesy vagas act in his RBC interview. The closest the band has ever been to a cheesy coverband was with him and john bush butchering the old material

*Note before you bashers start crying like the little bitches that you are, listen to metal thrashing mad on MofMD*
:lol:

And as for freedom of speach, anthrax pay money to have this web space, if you owned a message board would you want people posting shit about you?

mrthrax said:
fact is they are a bigger band with danny and joey in it,proofs in the pudding!! nuff said

Ehhh that's pretty flawed thinking. The proof will be what their momentum is like 1 year after they release a new album with this line up. Almost all reunion type shows sell good but the glitz fizzles pretty quick when they release something new.

I wonder how many reunion fans will really be into a new anthrax record with this line up. I think there is a good population who go to these shows to hear their favorite songs performed by the band, but may not be as open to new material. It's happened to many bands, and it's sort of sad but what are you going to do.

Then again, maybe they can make an amazing record together now. Who knows?

reidie said:
:headbang: Exactly, its funny how Rob C called them a cheesy vagas act in his RBC interview. The closest the band has ever been to a cheesy coverband was with him and john bush butchering the old material

*Note before you bashers start crying like the little bitches that you are, listen to metal thrashing mad on MofMD*
:lol:

And as for freedom of speach, anthrax pay money to have this web space, if you owned a message board would you want people posting shit about you?

I could just listen to it on the GREATER of two evills.:headbang:

If Anthrax and it's mods want to start deleting threads that go against the grain of their current line up, that's fine, just expect less posting. Considering the grave yard this board is, I doubt they want that.

mrthrax said:
have some faith dude!!!!
i'm open minded to whatever they put out, i really don't care who is singing it, though JB is much more versatile and doesn't really limit their sound in any way... you simply cannot make a song like Inside Out with Joey singing without it sounding incredibly lame... and in retrospect i wasn't really too thrilled with WCFYA despite the few moments that were great to me, so i wouldn't have bought the new Anthrax record even with JB and RC on it without hearing it first, and i'm really not expecting it to blow me away, considering my music taste nowadays coupled with the fact that if they aren't going to push their sound anymore then i've heard it all before anyway and already have the albums

i hope they prove me wrong though

reidie said:
Note before you bashers start crying like the little bitches that you are
:rolleyes: yawn

reidie said:
they shouldn't very well have a forum then should they? if fan or band member alike browsing this forum can't take critical discussion, especially over an issue like this, they should probably fuck off or shut the forum down... however considering nobody has been banned over this issue and it has yet to be censored as far as i know, that says everyone here with authority can handle it... pretty simple

truethrax.jpg

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
What music are they exactly making? Is there a new album out? A song? A fucking riff???

well they are not staying at home and that's for sure..making music
touring with their old and new music (I hope we get to hear soon) that's what I mean...:cool:

dbluntman said:
well they are not staying at home and that's for sure..making music
touring with their old and new music (I hope we get to hear soon) that's what I mean...:cool:

What makes me laugh is a fact that I haven't read any official statement so far that they've been writing a new material and most of you are full of expectations... What will happen if they won't record it for whatever reason? Will they go on touring and playing State Of Euphoria down-the-line...? I don't believe it's the right thing you want.

I'm still wondering what Julio Iglesias thinks about all this reunion shit. I mean, they obviously stole their whole attitude from him after he left Anthrax and are just cashing in on the name. To me, no Julio=no Anthrax. That's just the way it is.