A Katatonic song for you to download...

daimonion

Jan 6, 2004
I've been searching for quite some time for a band similar to Katatonia without much luck. So i simply made a song myself. The sound sucks a bit, but the song itself is pretty good, i think. Check it out, if you will.

www.audiostreet.net/eternal

Thnx. Checked out one of your songs, btw. Wasn't bad that, either. The vocals was a bit too much "up front", though.

I like it, I'm getting a strong fields of the nephilim vibe to it, although it's somewhat katatonia-ish. The vocals are a bit out of tune in a few sections but otherwise I would really like to hear the end product when it's finally mixed and produced.

Carmine, i have to say that the song i downloaded was great...is it unmastered? Because the production sounds perfect...I wouldn't tweak with it too much, a too polished sound may take away from the atmosphere, as it is it's very smooth...I like it when brutal and fast parts sound atmospheric. The only thing I don't get is the title 'cyborg insane' doesn't seem fitting, then again i don't know the lyrics.

insidethefall said:
Carmine, i have to say that the song i downloaded was great...is it unmastered? Because the production sounds perfect...I wouldn't tweak with it too much, a too polished sound may take away from the atmosphere, as it is it's very smooth...I like it when brutal and fast parts sound atmospheric. The only thing I don't get is the title 'cyborg insane' doesn't seem fitting, then again i don't know the lyrics.

Hi!!!
great, I'm very happy for your words, really!!! and yes, you have listen to "Cyborg Insane" unmastered ... but I will put in the week the mastered version on website!
sincerely, I think that you had listened "Almost Insignificant", it's more slow and atmosferic ... it's take from our demo 2003, but we have re-recorded for our upcoming album "They Are As Us" ....
:)

valafar said:
i just downloaded one song:
"still cold air"
and i liked it very much!!
nice sad atmosphere and melody...

but you just really need to work in the drum sound and vocals...
and in the production overall...

but apart from that you've got talent :headbang:
congratulations! :D

check out:

http://www.purevolume.com/valafar/

Thanks. Il listen to yours as soon as this stupid imaging teacher stops breathing down my neck... I thought Daimonion was great but the sound quality was a bit poor. The song was very katatonic. Everything I make sounds sad and depressing. Which is bad cause in coledge i do an audio class in which Im meant to create happy little tunes to go with vioce overs or behind adverts.You can imaginge what my class projects are like! Il check out carmines too.