A Lower Deep - 'Black Marys' Reviews

disks are on the way, hope you guys enjoy!

I wanted to get back to this, but got friggan busier than a one-legged man at an ass kicking contest at work (for example, the previous week Thursday/Friday, I was there until friggan 5 AM Friday morning!). Hell, I was seriously wondering if I'd even be able to make that Kamelot/Edguy show just this past Thursday, but as luck would have it, I was field testing the software that I was developing just one exit up from the one I normally take to get to Jaxx (turns out that Springfield/Alexandria area is a nice test environment for what I need to do), so as soon as I was done, I bolted straight over there and still managed to catch the show before it began (hell, it started an hour late anyway).

Anyway, finally gave this a spin and to be honost, I like it. Kinda has that old school Black Label Society vibe going for it, but with some nice proggy riffing going along with it. Also pretty heavy and crunchy, but melodic as well. Not only that, but the cover art is also pretty cool. BTW, it does sound quite good on my Klipsch setup.

Very nicely done there. Hell, I would've been more than happy to pay for this, but friggan awesome that you were willing to provide it for free. :kickass:

Thanks so much Steven, we're very glad you liked the disc. We should be getting up close to you in 2009. We have plans to hit NC and VA probably in the Spring hopefully we can catch up with you then. Stay in touch bro.

New review up from Metal Storm

Metal Storm- A Lower Deep's "Black Marys" 8/10
"Black Marys" is already [A Lower Deep's] fourth album and I'm still wondering why any good labels have not signed this band, I think that some people are a bit deaf nowadays.
Read Entire Review

Thanks so much Steven, we're very glad you liked the disc. We should be getting up close to you in 2009. We have plans to hit NC and VA probably in the Spring hopefully we can catch up with you then. Stay in touch bro.

Cool, looking forward to it (just hope it is not around April 25th, as I already know that I'll be tied up that weekend).

I finally got around to listening to the entire CD. A definate 9/10 on the first spin. Will give it a couple more spins later on.

Thanks for putting out a kick-ass CD. :kickass: :headbang:

"Black Marys" is already [A Lower Deep's] fourth album and I'm still wondering why any good labels have not signed this band, I think that some people are a bit deaf nowadays.

I agree with this statement... why in the hell you guys haven't been signed to a label is beyond me! :erk:

I finally got around to listening to the entire CD. A definate 9/10 on the first spin. Will give it a couple more spins later on.

Thanks for putting out a kick-ass CD. :kickass: :headbang:

I agree with this statement... why in the hell you guys haven't been signed to a label is beyond me! :erk:
What I wanna know is why haven't either Nightmare or Ulterium signed these guys yet? It just doesn't seem fair.:erk::mad:

Thanks DD, really glad you liked the disc. As for the labels, we are shopping it, so hopefully someone with like minds with you guys will be the A&R person for one of them, ha.

Thanks DD, really glad you liked the disc. As for the labels, we are shopping it, so hopefully someone with like minds with you guys will be the A&R person for one of them, ha.
Good luck finding the right deal from the right label. The whole world deserves to hear your amazing music!