A Lower Deep ink deal with Turkey Vulture Records

ALowerDeep

Sep 22, 2006
www.alowerdeep.com
Atlanta, GA based melodic thrashers A Lower Deep have inked a recording contract with Turkey Vulture Records. TVR who has struck an association with Nuclear Blast Records is owned and run by Jason Zarnowski. Jason Z. has been in the music industry for more than 20 years and has worked with such stalwarts as DRI and MOD among many others. Jason began TVR in 2000 with the vision of exposing talented bands who keep the true non-conformist tradition of metal, punk and hardcore alive to a wider audience. A Lower Deep will enter Full Spectrum Studios in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin in April to begin recording their debut disc for TVR with an expected Fall 2008 release.

Note: Due to contractual committments A Lower Deep will not be releasing "Black Marys" to wide distribution as previously planned at this time. The album will be re-recorded for TVR and distributed by TVR. The version of "Black Marys" independently recorded by A Lower Deep will be available only at A Lower Deep shows and as promotional.

Grats. So this will be what.. the third time recording that album? =)

(First time... Chaz's computers die. Second time... record released independently. Third time... label driven).

I'm surprised the label wants you to rerecord. The quality I heard on myspace was quite good.

Grats. So this will be what.. the third time recording that album? =)

(First time... Chaz's computers die. Second time... record released independently. Third time... label driven).

I'm surprised the label wants you to rerecord. The quality I heard on myspace was quite good.

Thanks so much everyone. Cheiron this will be just the second time for us to record this. Halycon Way was the one that had the computer death problems, ha. We felt Chaz and James did a great job with the production as well, but the label want their own people to do it, as well as the artwork and layout and all that. I'm not sure if it is legal reasons or what but it's their call so.... Again thanks to everyone that supports us, nothing is possible for any band without people supporting what they do.

Billy

Atlanta, GA based melodic thrashers A Lower Deep have inked a recording contract with Turkey Vulture Records. TVR who has struck an association with Nuclear Blast Records is owned and run by Jason Zarnowski. Jason Z. has been in the music industry for more than 20 years and has worked with such stalwarts as DRI and MOD among many others.

Congratulations; this is great news! :headbang:

The version of "Black Marys" independently recorded by A Lower Deep will be available only at A Lower Deep shows

Cool; save a copy for me! (I'll buy the TVR version in Fall 2008, but I need a copy NOW :lol:)

Atlanta, GA based melodic thrashers A Lower Deep have inked a recording contract with Turkey Vulture Records. TVR who has struck an association with Nuclear Blast Records is owned and run by Jason Zarnowski. Jason Z. has been in the music industry for more than 20 years and has worked with such stalwarts as DRI and MOD among many others. Jason began TVR in 2000 with the vision of exposing talented bands who keep the true non-conformist tradition of metal, punk and hardcore alive to a wider audience. A Lower Deep will enter Full Spectrum Studios in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin in April to begin recording their debut disc for TVR with an expected Fall 2008 release.

Note: Due to contractual committments A Lower Deep will not be releasing "Black Marys" to wide distribution as previously planned at this time. The album will be re-recorded for TVR and distributed by TVR. The version of "Black Marys" independently recorded by A Lower Deep will be available only at A Lower Deep shows and as promotional.
YES! Way to go Billy and company! I am SO happy for you guys! When's your next ATL gig?

And also, we'll be at Insomnia in Villa Rica, GA on Jan 26 if you feel up to driving over.
I really wish I could, but it's not possible this time. Best of luck to you guys with the gig, though. Can I buy my copy of Black Marys directly from y'all? If so, what's the link? Thanks!:kickass:

I'm afraid not Clay. We'll be selling this CD at the next 3 shows Villa Rica, GA on 1/26, Birmingham, AL on 2/9, and Jonesboro, GA on 3/1. But I'll bring some with me to the Circle II Circle show, so if you are at that show I'll hook you up then.

I'm afraid not Clay. We'll be selling this CD at the next 3 shows Villa Rica, GA on 1/26, Birmingham, AL on 2/9, and Jonesboro, GA on 3/1. But I'll bring some with me to the Circle II Circle show, so if you are at that show I'll hook you up then.
OK, cool. I WILL be there. PLEASE reserve one for me, OK? Thanks a million, Billy!:headbang:

Cool, bring an extra one for me!

Heck, you might just want to bring a stack. :lol: