A Matter of Life & Death

From what I've heard it sounds great, should be getting mine in the mail in the next few days. But I do agree that Bruce has lost his edge, maybe he needs to grow his hair out again.

Well I personally think it's one of Maidens best albums. After my first few listens I just thought that this is the same stagnant sound as the previous 2 albums but after several listens I discovered that this is not the case.

Maiden have really excelled themselves, producing some of their most epic songs yet. their instrumental sections in some of the songs are the best ever. The instrumental section in Out Of The Shadows is even better than the one in Powerslave. They have experimented with new ideas such as a Symphonic sound - check out the string sound on For The Greater Good Of God and even a Power Metal sound is flavoured thanks to Nicko's explosive drumming.

IMO this is their best album since Seventh Son and has taken Maiden even further ahead in their position as greatest Metal band of all time.

Obviously you'll be predisposed to hating this album and look for criticisms rather than enjoying it.