A Matter of Life & Death

ender7227 said:
Why on God's green earth are the faggiest band in all of fagdom in your sig? Poison LITERALLY look like women. Stage makeup I can understand, being an "actor", I've had to wear more than my fair share, but why the HELL would you WANT to dress in drag and play metal?

If by doing so they get any bird they want, then im all for it. But I forgot you prefer men, so thats why you must hate the fact Poison look like women.

i enjoy it but think that their production style, even though it suits their sound, could be updated a little. didn t they choose not to mix this album? thought i may have read that somewhere...

Hanger 18 said:
If by doing so they get any bird they want, then im all for it. But I forgot you prefer men, so thats why you must hate the fact Poison look like women.

I think its because the members of Poison look like UGLY women. :err:

And about the Maiden album I think it sounds fucking killer with the mastering it had/didn't get. :kickass:

I got it 3 days ago and i have only listened to it twice.
Once on the car the day I got it and the day after that I also checked the lyrics.
The music is great as always but most of the songs are not that much...original (i hope you understand what i mean).And I also think the same about Bruce's voice.
I still like it better that dod though.

It definitely is better than DoD. DoD had a few decent songs at the beginning but anything it had going for it died out by the time the title track was half finished. This album is strong the whole way through. I put it on this morning and before I realized it the album was over. I know its a good album when I lose track of time listening to it.

fat bastard said:
sounds better. what exactly does mastering accomplish anyway? is it what gives some albums that smooth polish?

A bad mastering job can effectively undo the efforts you spent on your mix. My old band had their album mastered at some "professional" studio (I wasn't there to add my input on the remixing and remastering of the tracks I played on) and the final results are completely unlistenable.

Getting back on topic, I think this album is leaps and bounds above Dance of Death (only 27% of which was good). I'm really not too impressed with the first two songs on the new disc, but the rest of the album is great (80% good).