A mystery about By The Pain.. I solved for myself :D +trailer

nadavnaz

Rabi Rape 3!
Nov 30, 2006
Israel, Haifa
I really am sorry if this had been posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIl4UmzA-88

Notice, in the last 5 minutes of By the pain i see in others (which is mikes least faviourate, may I know why?) there is complete silence, and some weird gebrish singing.

I suspected it's somthing reversed, so I re reversed it and found out it's..
(Go inside this video I made and uploaded and you'll see)

(by the way I cut out all the silent parts so you wouldn't get too bored)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvZBqUVW1g0
^^
A trailer using opeth's mersmerising "weakness"

This is old news indeed m8, but thank you anyway for the effort

hmm, thats cool how you put them together, i always heard that it was the part from master's apprentices but backwards but i guess not.

I've often wondered too why By the Pain I See in Others is Mikaels least favourite, though I'm sure he has his reasons. Personally, I think it's an awesome song, and massively underrated, it's by no means my least favourite on Deliverance.. I'd love to hear it played live, along with Wreath.

Hearing that sample was pretty interesting. I'd already heard it was a verse from Masters Apprentices played backwards but I'd never actually tried playing it backwards myself.

I dislikes the song because it's not really finished, or something like that I thought it was ...
because of the problems in the studio back then, they had too little time I think to make that song the way it should be ... he wanted to work on it some more I think. and sometimes it really does sound a bit like different bits put after one another, but still, I like the song as well :)

I had assumed that it was that, but hadn't really thought a whole lot about it. Yeah, in an interview, Mike said he felt like BTPISIO was sort of thrown together, and that it didn't really work as a complete song, or something. One of the casualties of writing your music in the studio, I guess. I can't remember how I came by the info, though, tbqh. Does anyone have a link to it?

its a shame with such a powerful name is needed a better structure.

its a shame with such a powerful name is needed a better structure.

You know what would be an honour?

A Re-recording of more finished version of BTPISIO On opeth's next album, or on a re-issiue of deliverance.

To finish what's left

Even though the song is amazing anyway

I don't think it's that it's "unfinished", but rather that it is less cohesive than he'd like. Perhaps I am wrong, but that's how I took it.