How I take on a task such as making an album by myself

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Hey guys!

I just made a video where I talk about how I go on about making an album. It's not a small task and maybe more of you are thinking of doing this, so I thought I'd share this with you. It might give some insight or you might say "Fuck you, coming in here trying to teach ME how to make an album!", which is fine too. :D

If you like it, share with friends and subscribe! I plan on making a video every time I finish a stage in the album making process.

And yeah, this means I'm aiming to make another Mr Walker album. Haven't heard the first one? Head on over to my bandcamp and have a listen. Maybe buy it if you want to support me!

Keep on rocking dudes! \m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfPh_pvWRCA

ain't you that dude who made that great mr-walker album? thank you for the video. ;)

It's funny how my own writing process is different. It is completely opposite : I sit in front of my computer, sometimes without even a guitar, sometimes with it, and I just write on guitar pro from left to right ! Sometimes I don't even have an idea, sometimes I just have one which is a simple riff, and I build a whole song starting from that riff.

Awesome shit, literally :lol:

Aye, touché!

ain't you that dude who made that great mr-walker album? thank you for the video. ;)

Yeah man, that's me! I'm working on some new stuff now :) Glad you like the first album!

It's funny how my own writing process is different. It is completely opposite : I sit in front of my computer, sometimes without even a guitar, sometimes with it, and I just write on guitar pro from left to right ! Sometimes I don't even have an idea, sometimes I just have one which is a simple riff, and I build a whole song starting from that riff.

Yeah, I think it's awesome how differently we all do things, but we still arrive at a good end result regardless. For me, it has always been hard to "push out" creativity. It comes naturally and spontaneously for me so I must be prepared to record when inspiration strikes.

It's a bit like those internet memes which asks "Where will you be when the acid kicks in?", but for me it's inspiration instead of acid :D It sucks to be in the middle of something serious, like a meeting, and having the most awesome riff ever in your head. That's torture.