YT: Match EQ and IR Tutorial!

what do you think would be the best sim for Alex Lifeson ala Moving Pictures ?

I was able to nail that tone with the Line 6 Hiwatt model ("Hiway 100") in POD Farm Platinum! Grab the Limelight guitar-only track. It's out there.. Just set the gain similar and match the tone. It works really well with tha amp model and tone matching!

BTW I'm assuming you also would love to get Demanufacture tone. I wish there was a guitar-only track from that album available..

Who knows...I hope to be proven wrong cause that will save us lots of cash. (except for that bet ofc :)) What I actually wanted to say though is that EQ is not the only thing and you have to at least be in the ballpark to get good results.

Just a question...I see the guy in the video setting matching 100% and smoothing to 0%. That usually results in a EQ curve that's jagged as f*ck. I thought that this was generally something we always tried to avoid and would probably sound unnatural... :guh:

The fail is strong in you, my friend.

I was able to nail that tone with the Line 6 Hiwatt model ("Hiway 100") in POD Farm Platinum! Grab the Limelight guitar-only track. It's out there.. Just set the gain similar and match the tone. It works really well with tha amp model and tone matching!

BTW I'm assuming you also would love to get Demanufacture tone. I wish there was a guitar-only track from that album available..
Actually that is what I'm using with a some chorus on it ,just have not matched it yet. Just did'nt know if LePou,s solo or hybrit would work better

Sorry for the necrobump but I have problems creating the IR.

The tone-matching works perfect but everytime I create my IR it sounds nothing like the tone Ozone was giving me.
It sounds phasey, lacking mids, and woofy as hell.

My deconvolver setting are as shown in the video.
My cubase project settings and the Deconvolver settings do match.
I only have Ozone in the processing chain when exporting the sweep.
I export the sweep out of cubase in mono at the exact starting point plus a little more at the end.
I tried several impulse loaders but always with the same result.
...and of course I deactivated Ozone when trying the IR.

It is frustrating...

Thanks but I already watched this one.
Didn't help.
All the issues mentionend there have been already been regarded.

I think I encountered a smiliar problem way back when Clark Kent posted about matchEQ. I never managed to find a solution so I basically stopped to bother about it.