Let's post raw guitar sounds for EQ matching.

@Skinny - I'm guessing he still hasn't gotten it. :lol:

@Clark - can you use dropbox or soundcloud? Some of us prefer not to get spammed and have to wait to use these other download sites. k thx.

@Clark - can you use dropbox or soundcloud? Some of us prefer not to get spammed and have to wait to use these other download sites. k thx.

you don't have to wait on mediafire.
it just shows some ads for them to make money.

And here's a pop-mix with Linkin Park's match EQ'd guitars: http://www.mediafire.com/?a5kjpc3ihmqalgu

To me, the guitars on this track sound like a POD or something. It sounds very flat and fizzy. Were you match eq'ing a line 6 spider or something?

you don't have to wait on mediafire.
it just shows some ads for them to make money.

I got a pop-up immediately when I opened the site, another one when I clicked the download link, and another when trying to leave. That's why those sites are annoying. Why not use dropbox or soundcloud when you don't have to put up with that garbage and it's free and much more personalized? It boggles my mind at how illogical people are.

Why not use dropbox or soundcloud when you don't have to put up with that garbage

because it's cool helping people to make some money if you can.

anyway guys let's stop the conversation. it will not lead anywhere.

because it's cool helping people to make some money if you can.

anyway guys let's stop the conversation. it will not lead anywhere.

Ok I think understand your logic. Since you're so generous, I'm going to forward you an email I got this morning... it's from a long lost family relative that needs help flying back home... somehow they got stranded in Dubai. All you gotta do is give them $1000 for a plane ticket home. /sarcasm :Smug:

Retardedness out of the way... I'm fine being exposed to ads in order to use a free service, but it's the pop-ups and spyware and malware that gets automatically uploaded to your machines that is completely unnecessary. If more people stopped using those sites, maybe they would realize those tactics don't work, and they will actually lose revenue because people aren't using them as much.

I'm all for using mediafire or rapidshare, etc. when sharing a large file (100+ MB), but when you want to share an mp3 for someone to listen to, why not make it convenient to just click on it and listen? By the time I close the popups, download the file, scan the file for viruses/adware/malware/spyware etc and wait for my media player to load the file to listen to it, I'm already pissed off and think your track is shit before even listening.

Just because you're only used to using those sites or familiar with them doesn't make them good.

Food for thought.....I have recently used match EQ on a project im working on now...(dont get me wrong im by no means a pro)...But what i did learn while using some of my fav pro mixed songs as targets...I was able to see exactly were my mix fell short balance wise...so then i went back to my mix and corrected those areas to greater results. and over time i think it will help me become more efficient at identifying those areas, both mix wise and single instruments. Thanks for posting the vids Clark Kent

btw the best way for me to use eq matching is to match my guitar to how it sounded when i had new strings. huge difference.

Why stop there? Use match EQ to copy an entire professional mix and you can make millions overnight.

Well, it got an interesting result, but i think this would not work at all.
When the signal goes to the amp it will get different.

I think that the match eq is a good way to learn something about mixes, or 'sounds', but i don't think it will give a magic formula or a perfect balenced mix at all, neither a perfect sound.

There are plenty other elements involved, including the artistic feeling of the entire process, playing, dynamics, etc.

As told here before, i agree with the opinion that matching eq is mimic.
The FUN part (and most painfull too) is to learn how to make good things on your own. Create your own guitar/kick/any instrument sound.

Why stop there? Use match EQ to copy an entire professional mix and you can make millions overnight.

:lol:

Guys, the reason some people are getting up in arms about this match EQ thing is that it teaches you absolutely nothing. So what, you copied someone's guitar sound. What did you learn in the process? When you ear learns to "hear" the frequencies you will know exactly what needs cut, what needs boosted (or at least the roundabout area). This takes a while to happen! You will know what amp, mics, and preamps you need to achieve the guitar sound you want.

The whole point of audio engineering is that it is an artwork where we are free to create. Copying what everyone else has already done doesn't do our industry any good. It degrades it. The industry becomes convoluted, every band starts to sound the same. Engineers need to stop being afraid of crafting their own sounds.

Guys, the reason some people are getting up in arms about this match EQ thing is that it teaches you absolutely nothing. So what, you copied someone's guitar sound. What did you learn in the process?

Well you're right but I've spent half a hour writing a song a 4 hours mixing it, while I could spend them making the song better. It really depends on what you wanna do.

Well you're right but I've spent half a hour writing a song a 4 hours mixing it, while I could spend them making the song better. It really depends on what you wanna do.

Keep in mind, it takes just as long (if not longer) for a professional producer like Sneap, Richardson, Jens, etc. to decently mix a song and take their time with it. The reason it's taken you so long is because a) you're not a professional, and b) you're still learning. Of course it's going to take you longer to mix a song right now than to write one. Get used to it. :p