Let's post raw guitar sounds for EQ matching.

It's not that big of an effort playing an E chord directly to the interface and posting it to dropbox, considering it's going to help many guys who can't afford an expensive guitar ;)

C'Mon people!!

How do you expect EQ to fix a fundamentally flawed guitar signal? Unless there's something I'm missing here. A lot of the quality of a good DI comes from great playing and good converters, actually the whole signal chain before the signal hits the DAW is crucial.

Well I guess it's clear someone here hasn't tried it. If done right, it will sounds WAY more realistic than sampled drums.

Too much effort for so little gain. (hey, pun!)

So 5min of time to get a guitar tone professionals spent $50,000 to get just right. That's like $10,000 per minute. Nah, not worth it.

How do you expect EQ to fix a fundamentally flawed guitar signal? Unless there's something I'm missing here. A lot of the quality of a good DI comes from great playing and good converters, actually the whole signal chain before the signal hits the DAW is crucial.

Because raw guitars are 95% all about EQ. I know this will make many guitar players angry but I'm also angry that you guys haven't tried it, but still have the balls to bash it.

Match EQ will also capture what good converters will add to the final tone. It won't give you professional playing skills though.

This is not meant as an offence: I can do a blindfolded test on you guys and I'm 100% sure you can't tell which signal was match EQ'd. Not in the mix, not when the guitar track is separated.

So, after testing this with great results...

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/710368-yt-match-eq-ir-tutorial.html

... I said let's post awesome (lol) raw guitar and bass sounds so everybody can match eq them and get the tone that he likes.

Play 2-3 simple power chords and upload the wav file to dropbox.

What do you think?

I actually shared a link to a webpage where you can download separated guitar tracks from Guitar Hero and Rock Band etc. There are a lot to choose from.

Well I guess it's clear someone here hasn't tried it. If done right, it will sounds WAY more realistic than sampled drums.

So 5min of time to get a guitar tone professionals spent $50,000 to get just right. That's like $10,000 per minute. Nah, not worth it.

Because raw guitars are 95% all about EQ. I know this will make many guitar players angry but I'm also angry that you guys haven't tried it, but still have the balls to bash it.

Match EQ will also capture what good converters will add to the final tone. It won't give you professional playing skills though.

This is not meant as an offence: I can do a blindfolded test on you guys and I'm 100% sure you can't tell which signal was match EQ'd. Not in the mix, not when the guitar track is separated.

EDIT: Posts removed. The OP wasn't clear in that he was looking for a dry guitar signal IR only, so I assumed all these responses were meant to say that a wet raw guitar track doing the matched eq was the same as a real amp costing thousands. Clark, I apologize if I read into your post the wrong way. Now after getting clarity in what the OP wants, I'm assuming you mean 95% of the tone coming from just the guitar itself (unprocessed) is EQ, meaning just a dry guitar signal. I still don't agree fully as there's more involved than just EQ matching a pickup signal, but whatever.

As long as you get a tone you're happy with, and it fits within your mix respectively,

That's exactly the thing. Many guys here don't have expensive guitars and amps to get the tone their happy with.

EQ Matching works pretty good.
If you Match EQ to a note (clean guitar sound), you're actually cloning a guitar pickup to your pickup. And then you can re-amp it and be happy.

Don't start a flame war!

I actually shared a link to a webpage where you can download separated guitar tracks from Guitar Hero and Rock Band etc. There are a lot to choose from.

Link please

Sharing of these links isn't legal, and violates UM board rules. I would advise you take those conversations to PM or some other non-public communication means.

People can also not be so lazy and actually do a google search. :Smug:

@Virgil. Don't forget that everybody thinks differently. I agree with you and I'm not trying to copy tones, but with my cheap guitar I can't get a tone that I like and this is the final solution. I'm happy with it and If you don't want to use it it's OK. In the end there is no wrong or right when mixing. I opened the topic to help guys like me and that's all.

So for anybody that wants to help:
Grab your guitar record an E power chord and upload the raw .wav on dropbox. Then post the link here, tell us what guitar and pickups you used and be happy that you helped :p It's not going to take more than 2-3 minutes :D

By sharing a clean raw sound and Match EQing it you're making a pickup clone. So if my pickups sound like sh*t if I match them to some good ones they're going to sound great. I'm not talking about matching distorted tones here.

Why don't you upload some wavs? :D

By sharing a clean raw sound and Match EQing it you're making a pickup clone. So if my pickups sound like sh*t if I match them to some good ones they're going to sound great. I'm not talking about matching distorted tones here.

Why don't you upload some wavs? :D

So, essentially you want to make a pickup IR?

What's the point? Are you planning to record your shitty guitar, throw on our pickup IR, run that into your amp sim, and then throw on your matched tone IR you copied from some artist, and then expect it to sound like you're playing through a set of bare knuckles through an Engl (for example) or something?

So, essentially you want to make a pickup IR?

What's the point? Are you planning to record your shitty guitar, throw on our pickup IR, run that into your amp sim, and then throw on your matched tone IR you copied from some artist, and then expect it to sound like you're playing through a set of bare knuckles through an Engl (for example) or something?

That's the 19th post and we're still out of the topic's purpose.
I'm just going to throw the pickup IR and mix the guitar myself.

If you don't want to help don't, but don't ruin the topic. <-- FRIENDLY

That's the 19th post and we're still out of the topic's purpose.
I'm just going to throw the pickup IR and mix the guitar myself.

If you don't want to help don't, but don't ruin the topic. <-- FRIENDLY

I'm not trying to ruin your thread. You weren't exactly clear with what you wanted to do or what you were looking for. I'm just asking for clarification. Damn.