A new acquaintance...

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
We met these blokes in Atlanta and it was the first time in a very long time that I was impressed by a live band that I hadn't heard of before.

Great singer and powerful sound. This is a pretty cool tune:

(great people too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Frame was a decent album. Good choice on the song though: I think 'Hereafter' is the best one on that album.
By the way, they've got some 'The best of'-album out with old songs re-recorded with the new singer. There are a couple of new songs as well.

Yep, they're from Rome so we already "discussed" with them to arrange your date @ Stazione Birra together next year, ok!?!?

I was also thinking it would be about the new drummer.

But DGM is amazing. I had heard of them before having the Frame and Different shapes albums:) really like the blend of power and progressive metal.

and sometimes it does sound like seventh wonder!! (in my opinion)

I'm very proud of DGM, they're one of the best italian bands, they've made a lot of records and each of them is very good! I really advise you to take a look at "Hidden Place" (2003), in my opinion their best effort.

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!!

frAme is a great CD - Enchantment and Away are stellar songs as well as Hereafter and I totally agree, Marco's voice takes 'em to a new level.. I was so thankful to have gotten to see them live at ProgPower and hang with some of them thru the weekend here n' there :)

They were on some prog fest and that's how i heard for them. Anyway, great music. But, i think fame is their best album

I found these guys when they had their old singer, they were great. I don't really listen to em anymore with the new singer but I still like what I hear

DGM has a very strange story..... the line-up has almost completely changed throughout the years. vocalist, guitarist, drummer & keyboardist. Just the bass player Andrea Arcangeli (who is still in the band) has played on every record (If I recall correctly).

Yeah, I loved their album "Change Direction" (1997) back when I bought it when it was released. The next one was disappointment to me and I kind of forgot the band then... Now, this new video looks/sounds pretty promising, so I have to re-check them out. :)