a pissed off rant from someone not tied to the band at all+

kleo706

Dec 21, 2001
Dear Screaming Ferret,

Hey. How are you? I am a Metal fan from Massachusetts and as such wanted to write to say "fuck you." Many moons ago, word began leeching through our scene that Shroud of Bereavement had finally ended the demo stage of their career and would be releasing a debut album. Then it inexplicably failed to show up for six months or so. Next thing I know, Alone Beside Her is available at shows but has no support from you. Apparently, someone told you Foghat- despite their never being able to rise above the "one hit wonder' status in nigh on 30 years- mattered more than a band capable of producing an unapologetically fantastic album. Then you got off your ass, decreed August 28th the official launch date, and promptly changed the title to [i}Along Beside Her[/i].
Now I am reasonable and understand a little mistake on a onesheet. However, I look like a dumbass when telling stores to move this astounding album towards the front ASAP or pestering friends to order online and the name isn't right. How the hell did you manage to get so far as submitting it to the catalogs for major retailers like CDUniverse and Circuit City with a screwed up title? If it involves alcohol, please tell me which type as being that wasted just once would really fucking slay.
So here's the scoop... I'm boycotting your releases. You bungled with SoB so horribly that your logo makes me want to punch myself in the face.

xoxoxo
-k-

Good points man, however. Things are finally picking up, even if they dropped the ball at some point. I think things will pick up finally, cross your fingers. thanks for sticking up for us man. Your support is greatly appreciated no matter how unorthodox your efforts may sometimes be lol.

I seriously dont get how SoB hasn't gotten to the front yet. You guys kick ass and I refuse to wear any sweatshirt but my SoB one hahaha. People need to realize you guys are some awesome fweekin metal!!! hahaha.