~A Prelude to Tragedy's 'Shadows of the Past' Internet Radio Debut

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Press release I wrote for Dementia (& whoever else wants to publicize it)..feel free to spread it around.. :)

~A Prelude to Tragedy's 'Shadows of the Past' Internet Radio Debut

A Prelude to Tragedy (the Northern California band previously known as Esucarys, until their recent name change in late 2007) is pleased to announce their appearance on Dementia Radio on Saturday evening, March 22.

Demented Dave, the founder of Dementia Radio, will be playing the band's new cd 'Shadows of the Past' in its entirety, as well as interviewing band members Steve Sorrell (lead & backing vocals, guitars and bass) and Steve Koelling (keyboards, lead and backing vocals) live and in person that evening. Listeners will be able to chat in the station's IRC channel while listening to the show; see www.dementiaradio.com for the show schedule as well as more information.

'Shadows of the Past' was released in December of 2007; their debut cd 'Diary of a Lost Soul' (released under the band name Esucarys) was released in 2001. The band has plans to begin playing live shows in spring and summer of 2008, as well as beginning work on a third cd. More information on A Prelude to Tragedy can be found on their website (www.apreludetotragedy.com) and their MySpace page (www.myspace.com/apreludetotragedy777).

Coolness! Knowing the time slot though that you guys will probably do the segment, I'll probably not be able to tune in. Will it be documented to where we can read it later?

I'm gonna do my darn'dest to tune in to this show and be in chat!!! I've been looking forward to it since it was first mentioned.

David: I don't think the time slot would be one "typical" of Dave's. Though, I suppose the Eastern time would be corresponding with the Pacific time so APtT's west coast fans have a chance to tune in too.

Just think, it's a Saturday night so you can sleep in the next day. :saint:

Yeah, I think we're going to aim for a reasonable time on Saturday so that it's not too late on the east coast & not too early in the west. Can't guarantee that it will end at a decent time ;) (but it won't be TOO late, because we have to head to the airport the next morning to fly home), but it will begin at a decent time.

Well, if you guys get drunk enough and stay up (and on) late enough, Koelling might not remember that he's on a plane. Might be a good thang. :)

I'm still shakin in my boots at the thought of getting on a plane. This is going to be the scariest experience as an adult....

I'm still shakin in my boots at the thought of getting on a plane. This is going to be the scariest experience as an adult....

I just wish Koelling was on another flight. Just because it's his time to go, doesn't mean that Jax and I should have to go with him. :lol:

It'll be fine Koelling. As they say, "It's not that life is so short; it's just that death is SOOOO long".

SRS

"your chances of being on a flight that crashes and kills people would
be 1 in 4,178,464. You could fly one flight per day for more than
11,000 years without incident."

Relax Steve, you're going to have a blast... drink a few brews before you get on and get a window seat and enjoy the view...:kickass::kickass:

It's the safest method of travel there is. Your risk is much much much much higher you'll die getting in your car.

Oh yeah and try not to let the bumps get to you. When you feel a bump, remember that that bump is usually less than you'd feel in a car going over some railroad tracks... hitting a few bumps in the air is normal so don't freak out.... Oh yeah planes turn too...:lol: so be ready for those turns... ain't no big thing...:ill:

It's the safest method of travel there is. Your risk is much much much much higher you'll die getting in your car.

Yeah, but a car accident usually takes your life immediately. If a plane is going down there's several minutes of people screaming and going crazy, LOL. Actually, it's not the fear of crashing that bothers me....just like it's not the fear of falling off a ladder that makes me feel uneasy about painting a mural ten feet up. :puke:

The cold hard reality is that I'm just a wuss. :Smug:

Steve, look on the bright side, ......... um....:erk:.......:Smug:.......Ok, there is no bright side but chance is on your side if that helps. If you do go down (not like that), just enjoy the weightlessnes, people pay a lot of money to go on that vomit comet that simulates weightlessnes. Think of it as a parting gift from the airline. I know it is hard to find the positive in things sometimes, but you really have to try.

Sorrell, this could be just the opportunity you have been waiting for to slap the sh*t out of Koelling if he gets unruly.

Yeah, but a car accident usually takes your life immediately. If a plane is going down there's several minutes of people screaming and going crazy, LOL. Actually, it's not the fear of crashing that bothers me....just like it's not the fear of falling off a ladder that makes me feel uneasy about painting a mural ten feet up. :puke:

The cold hard reality is that I'm just a wuss. :Smug:

Actually, falling from the sky in a plane full of screaming, terrified people has never killed anyone. However, that sudden stop at the end is a real bastard! :lol:

SRS

:lol::lol: Good call! I think Jax will take care of that, though.

SRS

Jax won't be able to slap me....I'll be curled up in a ball like a baby kitten on her lap. My head will be tucked in my arms which will be tightly secured in between my knees. I told her, if she scratches my head, I'll even purr.