~A Prelude to Tragedy's 'Shadows of the Past' Internet Radio Debut

I always look at it this way... It beats the hell out of slipping in the tub and cracking your head wide open..

Just think all your friends and relatives will be saying "Man what a trip, Steve was the guy who went down on Flight 230 to Las Vegas! That's so radical!!!" what a way to go!!!... :headbang:

Elvis died on the toilet!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hell yeah!!
I don't think I can tune in since it's a Saturday, but I'll try.

Also, I know you guys aren't in for long, but if anything changes and ya'll come down to the city, I can be reached at- two/one/two/nine/six/one/seven/four/zero/nine.

Steve: You could always take a bus like John Madden...but you wouldn't get to NY till the next Tuesday! Have some extra cash on ya so when the flight attendent comes around with the bar cart, you can take your face out of your armpit and have a couple!

BTW...is this a non-stop flight or do you guys have to "connect" someplace?

It'll be fine. It'll be fun. And once you've landed you'll say, "that wasn't so bad, in fact, it was pretty cool!"

We're flying from San Francisco to Charlotte, NC & then on to Albany (tried to pick a connecting city that isn't on the top 5 'flights are always late/delayed/cancelled 'cuz of crappy weather or just cuz the airport is way too huge' list, like O'Hare or Newark).

Koelling will be sedated, so my guess is that he's going to realize once we're up in the air how fun it actually is, & be bummed that he was too zoned to enjoy it.

Remember that B.A. Baracus of the A-Team used to not like to fly either, but they always got him on a plane somehow.

"I ain't ridin' on no airplane, foooo!"

I was on a flight once were wind pushed the plane down 3000 feet in like 2 seconds , I damn near pissed my pants, then the turbulence bounced us around like a boat at sea for 20 minutes, a baby in the row in front of me would not stop crying and to top it all off I COULD NOT SMOKE.........have fun Steve..........ROFLMAO

At least the cusion under the seat is a floatation device, but between here and NC there aint no water.

You'll be fine SK. I always get a little nervous before flying. But once you settle in and relax bit, it is quite enjoyable. I always sleep during a flight, it passes the time nicely. Couple of beers before flying takes the edge off too. I'll be home and tuned in on Saturday! Looking forward to it.

You'll be fine SK. I always get a little nervous before flying. But once you settle in and relax bit, it is quite enjoyable. I always sleep during a flight, it passes the time nicely. Couple of beers before flying takes the edge off too. I'll be home and tuned in on Saturday! Looking forward to it.

We're leaving early early early. The soonest my body can accept alcohol is 11:00. But, if I'm feeling weird once the plane takes off, I'll ordera few beers.

Dude, I wish you could be there in person instead of just listening. I know we'd have a lot to talk about. But, once I get past this "first time" experience on a plane, I have a feeling I'll be doing this more often....so we'll have to schedule a huge get together.

I've flown a ton and I'm still kicking, so it's really no big deal bro.

Two words...... BLOODY MARY.

A couple of those will hook you up.

Also, drink a lot of water during your flight (kinda goes against the obtaining a buzz thing, but whatever...). The extremely dry air of a planes cabin can dehydrate you in no time. You'll then feel really tired and cranky, and by default that means that Sorrell shall have to destroy you :)

~B

LOL Adam. Sorrell's going to want to destroy me the first time I say "Stevie, are we almost there yet? Can I go potty? What are these buttons for? Do you wanna listen to some Yanni or John Tesh? When did you get that tattoo? Would you mind if I sang my personal favorite selections of show tune songs?" That's why he's bringing his parachute.

Try the Ben Stiller "don't say the word 'BOMB' on an airplane" routine and see how exciting things get. :loco:

Here's another tip Steve-O, especially because you are tall like me. Airplane seats are made for hobbits and wood fairies, so unless you get an exit or bulkhead row you are going to be very cramped. Also, since the world hates tall people, the airline has seen fit to populate said exit rows with the dregs of humanity...typically slumped-over cave dwellers who don't require sleep that have gotten to the airport 47 hours before you did, with barely enough muscle to curl a bag of potpourri...let alone a 400lb aircraft exit door.

In the unlikely event that you DO get an exit row, you will then be treated to a lovely little speech by a charm-school dropout about how YOU will be responsible for assisting other passengers in the event the aircraft turns into a fireball of doom. Of course you nod and say "but of course", all the while thinking to yourself that the real reason you have chosen the exit row, besides the extra legroom, is the fact that should you survive an actual crash (riiiiiiight) you can take comfort in the fact that you will be the very first mofo off that deathtrap.

As a tall person, and as a first-time flyer, you will be treated to the unholiest of all....the airplane bathroom. Seriously dude, you will laugh out loud when you get in there. After you calm down from your laughing spasm, walk out of said lavatory and go find the one designed specifically for wheelchair bound people, which most newer jets have according to FAA regs. It's usually in the middle of the aircraft. You can do jumping jacks in that SOB:headbang:

If all goes as planned, you will sleep like a baby.

If not, you're gonna wanna to punch one.

So there ya go.

~B

Ok. So I've been making my list of things to take and deciding whether or not I'll need both a carry on and a suitcase (for three short days) and it suddenly dawned on me how much fun this is going to be. So what. I'm getting on a plane for the first time. I'll be in good company, and I'll finally get to meet Dave H, and I'm getting a much needed break from work and life in California. I'm looking forward to this, and the whole "plane" thing is not going to ruin it. I might even laugh when the pilot hits the throttle.

Man, 4am comes way too early *yawn*. And so our journey begins..will be hooking up with The Steves™ at SFO to begin our trek east; we'll pop in and say hi along the way when we have a chance, & you can bet there will be many photos to be had by the time all is said and done.

Hope to 'see' lots of you online at Dementia tomorrow night!

I can't believe how quiet it is in here this weekend!!
Let's hear it for our boys (AND Jax!) for a fantastic show Saturday night. You guys sounded great, and I had mucho fun chatting with everyone.