A question to Mr.V [2]

Sigurðr;9038299 said:
HAHAHA yeah vb is horrible, but when i made my informatic high school the we had this language for 3 years :puke:
For me vb is just GUI with a few commands :lol:
This is VB to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha.

Back to the nature stuff - one of the things I love to do most in the world is watch the clouds float by. They're so beautiful and exquisite. In fact, I love all the weather stuff. Computers are fine and all, but there's just something literally awesome by being outside in some neat weather!

Love to be out in the nature just to explore, observe, feel and think about the things you see and meet. My family of course is s huge interest also. Then my work take alot of time and energy, I'm a pedagogue for quite small children and there's a great challange to work with them in science and other topics. The bands I'm in take all the time left, but hear me right here..it's something that I choose and something I can't imagine stop doing.

mr V

Since you call yourself a nature freak I was wondering the following: I recently did read 'Last child in the woods' from Richard Louv. He talks about the problem that children know more about the savanna in Africa (through television par example) than from the life in their own garden/park close by.
About pedagogics he says that in America trees and other plants disappear from the schoolyard. I agree with him that children nowadays should get more experiences in nature. He says that in Scandinavia children do have more playgrounds with nature. Do you think children in Sweden are enough playing in nature. Is it something you stimulate?

Since you call yourself a nature freak I was wondering the following: I recently did read 'Last child in the woods' from Richard Louv. He talks about the problem that children know more about the savanna in Africa (through television par example) than from the life in their own garden/park close by.
About pedagogics he says that in America trees and other plants disappear from the schoolyard. I agree with him that children nowadays should get more experiences in nature. He says that in Scandinavia children do have more playgrounds with nature. Do you think children in Sweden are enough playing in nature. Is it something you stimulate?

I totally agree on that. I think that we need to spend as much time as possible in nature, that's one of my fundaments when it comes to children-in-learning -situation. We have to start with what compiles us to understand why we even shall learn something that's new to us. Nature has it all, you have math.......right in front of you and there you can also see it at work...when the abstract thinking isn't fully developed you need to work with visual images to make it concrete and meaningfull.

The other aspect: that we know more about nature in other regions of the world than our nearest surrounding isn't bad. I mean everything you learn about our globe is positive from my point of view, but that small child should probably start with exploring the nearby suroundings as it's very abstract when they can't see, touch...the things that are on the table.

It also goes for the adult I guess. And it's a bit strange that we know more about space in a cosmological aspect than we know about our own planet. That's that main frame of the sleping project I'm a part of called "Space on Earth". It was started back in 2001 or something but it never made it any longer than on a conceptual level.

mr V

I totally agree on that. I think that we need to spend as much time as possible in nature, that's one of my fundaments when it comes to children-in-learning -situation. We have to start with what compiles us to understand why we even shall learn something that's new to us. Nature has it all, you have math.......right in front of you and there you can also see it at work...when the abstract thinking isn't fully developed you need to work with visual images to make it concrete and meaningfull.

The other aspect: that we know more about nature in other regions of the world than our nearest surrounding isn't bad. I mean everything you learn about our globe is positive from my point of view, but that small child should probably start with exploring the nearby suroundings as it's very abstract when they can't see, touch...the things that are on the table.

It also goes for the adult I guess. And it's a bit strange that we know more about space in a cosmological aspect than we know about our own planet. That's that main frame of the sleping project I'm a part of called "Space on Earth". It was started back in 2001 or something but it never made it any longer than on a conceptual level.

mr V

andreas you must be a very good teacher for your kids!
you remind me for some reasons my beloved elementary school teacher. he was an old wise man (well you're not old :lol:) who teached us to love nature and to respect it.
he brought us to plant little trees once or twice a year, and to have long walks into the fields, children are not stupid, but they are really influenceable, and it's good to have someone who teaches you the importance of what's around you....you will never become direspectful towards nature.
he teached us to recognize the trees by their leaves, and their leaves by their shape, so in the meanwhile he teached us math and geometry...
i have a beautiful memory of him and it was a shock when he died years ago....
i still think he was one of best teachers i had in 13 years of school.

i had the fortune to be born in the countryside, then moved to the city...
i still miss living in nature, but sometimes life drives you on a way you didn't want to follow. i was young, and my parents decided to move, so i could do anything but follow them.
it's was so sad at the beginning, even if we moved into a quite green city, i had a park in front of my home, and i could see the trees from my window. but it wasn't the same.
i could not see anymore flat fields from here to the horizon, could not smell the parfum of nature, could not hear the rustling of the leaves.
and when you're a child everything is full of adventure and mistery, and everything needs to be known and discovered. so every step you do is a little great adventure of its own, an adventure into an unknown world, where each bush becomes a forest, each flower a complex universe....
oh how much i miss those times...
you made me remember all this.
life was simpler and waaaay more beautiful...
SHIT :°°°)

i could not see anymore flat fields from here to the horizon, could not smell the parfum of nature, could not hear the rustling of the leaves.
and when you're a child everything is full of adventure and mistery, and everything needs to be known and discovered. so every step you do is a little great adventure of its own, an adventure into an unknown world, where each bush becomes a forest, each flower a complex universe....
oh how much i miss those times...
you made me remember all this.
life was simpler and waaaay more beautiful...
SHIT :°°°)

Totally agree with you , i love the smell of grass after the rain, its so magic but now i thought about it i dont remember the last time i smelled this :cry:
Nowadays the most part of people dont care about nature..just care about win money and they use any means to make this, ist so sadly because with the years passing by people are suposed to grow up mentaly and spiritual but the only thing thats growing up inside is egoism and this kind of feelings..is sad..the men is destroying our home..and as far as i know we dont have other place to go rs

mr V

The oceans have always been of great personal fascination to me. That there is so much that is really still beyond our reach in these ares kilometers under the sea is fascinating.

I also find society to be incredibly fascinating.

mr V

Indeed, it goes for the adult too. It is sometimes frustrating that adults around me aren't aware of things around them. Per example: I walked with my roommate in the forest short time ago. On a moment we did find the traces of roe deers. We talked a bit about these animals and I noticed my roommate even didn't know that these animals only eat vegetation. I thought, if you even don't know that then there must be so much more for you that you can't see and can't enjoy. What did go wrong in his youth.
For me it's really important to make youth more aware of nature around them. Last weekend we had a sail camp. Some of the kids took even the television with them on boat! But the good thing was that I never saw these kids so calm together. In nature you can't be overstrung and that's really positive for youth with trouble behavior.

Like Lefay I was blessed to be grow up on the countryside too. I was often in the forests. I remember me and my cousin stalking roe deers in the meadows. Good memories. :)

Sigurðr;9038244 said:
C is fun :D i study Computer Science in Federal University of Parana, so i need to like these things:lol:
well i love math o/ but i dont know if my mathematic english is good :loco: but if you wanna try just ask o/

Well, yesterday in class I learned that if you try to divide an integer by 0, the universe tries to collapse. And your code compiler shoots you an error message that basically says ' :yow: '

And all these years, I thought that you'd merely get '0' as an answer...

Well, yesterday in class I learned that if you try to divide an integer by 0, the universe tries to collapse. And your code compiler shoots you an error message that basically says ' :yow: '

And all these years, I thought that you'd merely get '0' as an answer...

divide-by-zero-blog-safe.jpg

:lol: