a question

I dont own a single music cd, there i said it :p
The world is corrupt in so many ways that I have better things to do with my money than spend it on stuff you can get for *free*
The world is competitive place and there aint no room for doing the right thing even if you want to, some People who own cd's is viewed as wanabes imo, they think that owning the cd's makes them better than everybody else. I hate going to somebodies place and them showing me their collection of 100 cd's, like wtf man am i suppose to suck your cock now that you have it? they use it as a status symbol and I hate that.

If they somehow made a way to stop the people from pirating stuff I would not go against it, I would accept it and say its about time

But also you could argue that bodom would never have made so far if it was not for people pirating their music and spreading it. It is after all a good way to get your stuff out there.

Im gona pay to go see cob now just like everybody else because you have to pay, I dont have a problem with that.
I wonder how many people bought the cd's after pirating it, if those figures could be recorded then the picture might look a bit diffrent from what the record companies argue.

If you meet me im not your anti-christ or emo fucknut.Im consider myself as good person who is considerate towards others, but owning cds of bands I love is just not a big deal for me.

hatecrewchick said:
oh damn that sucks...

edit: what about merchs stands on festivals?! i bet there are some in brazil, right?!
There are, but it doesn't mean norther ever came here :p
The bands that make concerts here usually have ther cds sold in the net here, non-imported.

I dont agree with illegal downloading, or stealing in general.

What I will say, is that the cost of a CD to make is something like 30p (use your own currency conversions I CBA), which means that the store/artist/and the CD makers themselves get £12-20 profit, per CD sold. Ok some of that money is used to advertise the CD.

In legally downloading music the price of box and CD design is not present, yet they still fleace us Brits 79-99p per track. The question is where the fuck is cost involved. There isnt a human sending you the track, its all automated off a computer. Cost of electricity to keep the server up? Does make me wonder how much the artist is pocketing on CDs or MP3s compaired to that of lets say the record label.

after an advance is paid back the artist can look to make 8-15% per album, the producer can look 5-10, rest of the recording team has 20% split, and the rest record label, this is if there is not songwriters

That is a tough one , as a musician and a business man , I can see both sides of that legal issue.