A Sense of Purpose

No, they don't. You gotta be an idiot to think Soilwork have whiny vocals. I think you're getting whiny mixed up with clean because Soilwork have stunning clean vocals and screams.

Compare to The Mirror's Truth to I, Vermin.

Also, the album cover isn't the greatest, but I still like it. Had someone else drawn that it would be better because Alex Pardee's style sucks.

What I don't understand is why they don't have the same dude that did the artwork for The Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony, and maybe Clayman? In my opinion those covers look very badass, but from reroute onward the covers are just...ehhh

i agree, soilworks vocals aren't whiny, but they do get kind of boring at times, because to me bjorn lacks some emotion when singing

i agree, soilworks vocals aren't whiny, but they do get kind of boring at times, because to me bjorn lacks some emotion when singing

Whatever, I'm just going by Stabbing The Drama, which is the only one I have. It's good, but there are more whiny bits than IF.

I used to think IF was way better... But with their new songs and whatnot it just isn't going the way i used to.

And Soilwork is NOT whinier than In Flames, maybe they were before.
But just listen to If's new shit, you have to be kidding me if you think different.
Bjorn has quality vocals, not whines.

Listening to the E.p now

Eraser is incredible...sounds like metal

I just got goosebumps listening to the song..the main melodys are so catchy and fun..anders sounds brutal....the solo is the best thing since clayman..I couldn't believe it! lol I hope the album is like that.

Tilt sounds even better...amazing intro awesome leads during pre chorus and chorus is just out of this world...some of the riffs sound very old school.. i had to head bang.

If the album sucks at least we got these 2 old school songs.

I agree it's a good album, but Bjorn had the best vocals on APP and NBC, not STAGD.

"The Mirror's Truth" – 3:00
"Disconnected" – 3:32
"Sleepless Again " - 4:08
"Alias" - 4:49
"I'm the Highway" - 3:41
"Delight and Angers" - 3:37
"Move Through Me" - 3:05
"The Chosen Pessimist" - 8:13
"Sober and Irrelevant" - 3:21
"Condemned" - 3:33
"Drenched in Fear" - 3:29
"March to the Shore" - 3:26

Anybody got news about the details of the special edition DVD???? I'm really curious since nothing has been revealed yet. Hope it's a making of documentary (Please a full one and not a 10 minutes long one). Maybe some live footage, rehearsal of the new songs? 5.1 sound???

Ok, i've listend to the ep, and it sounds pretty good, wierd, since i didn't realy like r2r, stye and cc.

1 the mirrors truth: good,catching song, nice guitar solo. 8/10

2 eraser: in my opinion not a realy great song,but not bad either,nothing special. 7/10

3 tilt: Great song! :) very melodic,pretty good lyrics. 9/10

4 abnegation: ok, i've changed my mind, pretty good song, haha, didn't my ears work some minuts ago? i thought this song was the worst on this ep, but its pretty damn good, nice solo aswell! 8,5/10

Good ep, hope the album will be good too, or even better! :)

Just listened to The Chosen pessimist and Drenched in fear:p
TCP is just slow, but it has already grown on me. Drenched in fear is a dissapointment. I think all the song on TMTsingle own this song.