A Sense of Purpose

The new album is pretty catchy, save lyrics like the ones in Disconnected, and let's face it: the only thing In Flames will ever be any more is catchy.

They've sold out, and this album is blatant proof.

I'm not saying it is bad, I enjoy it, but I enjoy it with disappointment.

(synths in alias are awesome btw.)

Odd...one sign of selling out is not longer songs, but the first ever IF song over 6:00 is on this thing.

Odd...one sign of selling out is not longer songs, but the first ever IF song over 6:00 is on this thing.

So...? Just because they have made one song that last longer than 6:00 on this, does it mean it's a good record??
The new album is not worth mentioning. I enjoyed certain songs on Come Clarity, but this is just disappointing and stupid.

No, of course it doesn't. But it is a new step for them - actually long songs.

Also, they're called albums now, not records. Welcome to the new millenium.

Anyhow, you haven't heard the new album yet. Don't be stupid.

What! This album rules so far.. WTF you guys talking about.... It has awesome Acoustic and real In fLAMes riffs throughout....I dont understand people...So far this is way better then the last 2. Actually sounds like In fLAMEs

What! This album rules so far.. WTF you guys talking about.... It has awesome Acoustic and real In fLAMes riffs throughout....I dont understand people...So far this is way better then the last 2. Actually sounds like In fLAMEs

stop capitalizing AME. It's really annoying to look at.

No, of course it doesn't. But it is a new step for them - actually long songs.

Also, they're called albums now, not records. Welcome to the new millenium.

Anyhow, you haven't heard the new album yet. Don't be stupid.

Eh.. yes I have.. I did download it, because I was interested in seeing what it would sound like. I own their other albums, but I'm definitely not getting this one. Really low quality metal.

I said records? So friggin what? English is not my first language, so is it really a big deal that I used the word "record"? Please shut up, the new album is a piss poor attempt at metal, and you know it.

Eh.. yes I have.. I did download it, because I was interested in seeing what it would sound like. I own their other albums, but I'm definitely not getting this one. Really low quality metal.

I said records? So friggin what? English is not my first language, so is it really a big deal that I used the word "record"? Please shut up, the new album is a piss poor attempt at metal, and you know it.

But you don't like new In Flames so why even bother? I've been a fan since around 2000 and The first album I bought was TJR.

I just asked Myself WHY do I love New In Flames so much..why why why? I don't know what it is but I love anything they put out. I really enjoyed CC when it was Released and this is no diff. And it's 10 times better all around too.

Definitely not bad. It's a step up from Come Clarity, and it seems a lot more like a mix of Clayman, Colony and Soundtrack for most of the album, and some acoustic parts really remind me of Lunar Strain for some odd reason (specifically with Sleepless Again and Alias). It feels like with every release In Flames may be edging back to their older sound, so i'm sure by the next 3 or 4 albums we'll get the old school sound we're looking for.

Anders' vocals suck as usual, though.