A Sense of Purpose

^Yeah, watch, on April 1st they'll be like "JUST KIDDING! HERE'S THE NEW ALBUM! CLUB REMIXES OF CC TRACKS!" :lol:

I now actually like "Abnegation".
The new version is heavy and melodic, and that solo is great.

Another Everdying survivor here. You everdyers will know me as OceanInFlames. Really sucks that it's gone and no warning or anything.

Anyways, the new album is really really good. It gives me that same feeling I get when I listen to older In Flames. The chorus in Alias is fucking epic and acoustic break is awesome. Basically, this is a classic In Flames album with a modern touch.

I feel really bad because I couldn't hold back. I went and downloaded the entire album tonight, the suspense was driving me nuts. Let me just say it's got a consistency to it that I truly missed. Listening through, several times now I didn't get the desire to skip ONE song. Over and over, the entire fabric of this album just made me smile. One long, long smile. Definately one of my top albums, and at the second track alone, I had already been pleased enough to place it over the past few.

Haha, I knew the innuendo was there but I'd hoped it had passed unnoticed... :cry:

Haven't heard it yet. Forcing myself not to pirate, because then if I don't like it I may have trouble convincing myself to buy.

This album is pretty good so far. I've been listening to it nonstop. My favorite songs so far have to be: Sleepless Again, Move Through Me, and Condemned.

I'm The Highway is really good up until the chorus, that snyth kinda ruins it for me. Alias is alright, depends on my mood. It's another song with an iffy chorus. I love that part right after the acoustic section though. I over-listened The Mirror's Truth and Disconnected, but they're at least somewhat enjoyable. March To The Shore is average for the most part, but it has a great solo.

Delight And Angers is good, heavy at first, light in the middle, nice solo, then heavy again. Sober And Irrelevant seems average though. So to pretty much sum up, most of the songs are average to great.

BTW, anyone else getting a real strong Whoracle vibe from Condemned?

Edit: Forgot to mention a couple songs. Drenched In Fear has, IMO, the best clean vocal chorus from an In Flames song. Plus as a whole, the riffs and verses are pretty good as well, so chalk up another good song off this album. The Chosen Pessimist is good, it's just I'm generally not in the mood for slow paced songs. And finally, as I'm listening to Sober And Irrelevant now, I can say that it's an average song with some nice parts to it, but that's about it.

I just want everyone to know Im a closet....Soundtrack fan. Yes I do love alot of the songs on it.. lol Idn why...

Im high right now and had to rant about this wonderful band lol. later guys

I just want everyone to know Im a closet....Soundtrack fan. Yes I do love alot of the songs on it.. lol Idn why...

Im high right now and had to rant about this wonderful band lol. later guys

My favorite song off of that album is Dead Alone. Really fun to play on the drums.

The end of the album is horrible though.

Ok, i've changed my mind, this album is fucking great,serious!

my favourite songs:

Disconnected; Sure, the lyrics isn't that great, but fun to sing along with it. (not that i've beeing feeling depressed or something :lol:)

Sleepless again; Catching chorus, very melodic.

Sober and irrelevant; great song with old school riffs, sounds great.

Condemned; Good lyrics, good solo, fun to sing along with this song.

Drenched in fear; Good lyrics, greatest vocals on this album, you can easy reconize whoracle riffs.

Great mix between come clarity, clayman and the jester race.