A Sense of Purpose

its a really different feel for the band, but i love it.

ive been listening to it non stop, even learning the mirrors truth on guitar.

ive got my limited edition preordered, so yes i am buying it.

for some reason, all of the songs just seem to fit where i am in life at the moment, and even though it is abit of a slower feeling album then previous efforts, it just really fits.

love it. look forward to seeing them again live.

So yeah it's been like two days since I got it and I'm still just playing through hearing things I missed the first plays. I'm going to place my preorder hopefully tonight, maybe get the cube too! I'm so mad now because I'm dying to see this live!

Yeah, so just like some of you are saying - I've been listening to this since the day we all got it and I just love it. I've listened to it probably in excess of 20 times straight through and I'm not even slightly tired of it. In fact, I keep liking it even more.

This album is much, MUCH more dynamic than Come Clarity, more "comfortable" feeling than Soundtrack, and probably has the best riffage since Clayman, because there's seriously tons of little riffs here and there. And the melodies are great.

So far, my favorites are:

"March To The Shore" - The chorus is badass, the solo is cool, and the grooves are quick and heavy

"Alias" - Come on man, how can you deny the chorus? It's catchy as shit, and the way that they layered the same vocal line like 20 times sounds pretty cool. Most importantly, the acoustic section in this followed by the distorted melodic part is fantastic. VERY old school, no question there.

"Move Through Me" - Gotta' love that staccato rhythm + synth in the chorus, and the laid back groove throughout is real slick.

"The Chosen Pessimist" - The climax of this song is very powerful. It's great. It's especially effective when it cuts into "Sober and Irrelevant" because it goes from atmospheric and emotional to straight death metal riffage with only a slight moment of static in between.

Over all, every song on this album is fantastic, and I'll be buying it the first day it comes out. I suggest that anybody who hasn't heard this yet does the same thing... and even all of you that have heard it!

My favorite song off of that album is Dead Alone. Really fun to play on the drums.

The end of the album is horrible though.

Yup..See soundtrack I don't love as an album but I love seperate songs....My favorites would be

Dead Alone
F(r)iend
Touch of Red(love the chorus) rest of the song is decent
Borders and Shading

and thats basically it..

I'm basically with all of you too. Since it leaked I have listened about 5 times a day ever since. I never get tired of it and everytime I hear songs like Sleepless again, alias, delights and angers, i'm the highway I like them even more. This is the first In FLames album in years I'm actually looking foward to singing along with the lyrics.

And I love Disconnected too.

Ok the solo in sleepless again makes me jizz my pants everytime I hear it...

!!!

I have the same issue with the "I'm The Highway" and "Move Through Me" solos. :headbang:

Actually, all the solos on this album rule. Wow. Best leads IF has done in YEARS.

So, I brought into work to play it and my main man who loves hardcore thought it was okay. Okay as in you know he's not into their genre but can admire their cause and their talent. Everyone else wasn't pleased that I showed, but they love Breaking Benjamin, so I figured I'd be better off not arguing, opinions are just opinions. But I realized I just gasm at Alias' opening riff so hard. It's so amazing. Sorry I just can't help but post this stuff whenever I hear it, listening right now.

I'm really into Delights and Angers at the moment. It starts off pretty average but, once it gets to the acoustic break, it just erupts into pure awesomeness. The "chasing...left over" part is one of the catchiest lines I've ever heard.

So far my favourite song is easily Alias.

Actually, I'd call it the catchiest/most fun song since Trigger. How can you forget the chorus on that song? It's STILL too catchy for our own good.

But, I'd say the opening riff to Alias is more likened to Cloud Connected than anything. But even then, it's quite different for them.

I´m an everdyer aswell, you may know me as "Surikat".
I fucking hate that they shut everdying down. I hope Archy puts it back up, I really do. Some mods could easily keep it running.

From what I´ve heard from you guys, the album rocks, which is good.
I´m waiting for the release though. I´m gonna get that great feeling of putting the disc inside the player for the first time and hearing the sound come out as I cum. Great.

Actually, I'd call it the catchiest/most fun song since Trigger. How can you forget the chorus on that song? It's STILL too catchy for our own good.

But, I'd say the opening riff to Alias is more likened to Cloud Connected than anything. But even then, it's quite different for them.

Ha, the beginning of Delight And Angers reminds me of Cloud Connected.

as I cum. Great.

Thats....That's Disgusting : )

I have no clue what Alias reminds me of..But its def very original. And My most played song on this album so far. Yes Delight and Angers is simply brilliant but I like Move through me better, these 2 songs I put together cuz they are right after another.

Anyone know where I can order the Japanese Import of this album.

Well, there should be at least one more song to be released. There may even be two, but that's assuming that The Chosen Pessimist was not originally planned like they said it was...

Well that explains why I really love Alias, now that I think about it, it does really resemble Trigger/Cloud Connected. And for a while, along with Only For The Weak, those were my favorite IF songs, as well as songs ever.