A small request

Villain

Doctor BenQuillity
May 7, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Okay, as I recently befriended with a guy, who happens to make tattoos now and then - and who owes me a favor - I decided it was time get my first tattoo. Nice, isn't it?

However, deciding what kind of a tattoo I would take was far harder than I had ever imagined. After several weaks of constant head-ache over this matter I finally accepted my own unoriginality in the ways of aesthetic sight and decided to take the easy path - namely a logo of a band, whose music I love. After all, doesn't the music I spend time with every day best represent my current personality and "being"?

It didn't take me long to rank out the bands/logos I possibly wouldn't like to bear on my skin after ten years or so; and finally only two bands remained - Opeth and Dark Tranquillity (surprising, isn't it).

Now, I already have a good quality picture of the Opeth 'O' to show my friend, but I lack a large-size picture of the old Dark Tranquillity logo (the D-above-T-one, found on the back of The Gallery for example). So if anyone of you (Niklas?) has a good quality picture of the DT-logo, could you please send it to me or post it here? I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance.

-Villain

I've got a bigger version, too, in jpeg format, and a small png. I can mail them anytime.

Alfred (CWM)

Attachments

• dt_glyph_small.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 66
Villain:

If you're going to get a tatoo, this is so much cooler than the DT logo.

Plus, you'd want to Opeth gracing your skin...

Morningrise review coming up btw. I've broken down the riffs, now I just have to find a good block of time to write it...

Alfred: Thanks! You can email the bigger one at villainman@hotmail.com

Wolff: I know what you mean, but the choice is tougher for me. Actually, for a moment I thought about combining them both together, but then again, that would be rather arrogant... And I'm waiting for that Morningrise review with anticipation.

FatherVic: If you asked where I'm going to place the tattoo, the answer is: probably in my chest - dunno on which side, though.

-Villain

Oh, and I forgot:

At The Gates: It will be in colour. The guy actually told me he uses top-notch quality colours that won't turn green through time, unlike the typical colours.

-Villain

Originally posted by Villain
Okay, as I recently befriended with a guy, who happens to make tattoos now and then - and who owes me a favor - I decided it was time get my first tattoo. Nice, isn't it?

However, deciding what kind of a tattoo I would take was far harder than I had ever imagined. After several weaks of constant head-ache over this matter I finally accepted my own unoriginality in the ways of aesthetic sight and decided to take the easy path - namely a logo of a band, whose music I love. After all, doesn't the music I spend time with every day best represent my current personality and "being"?

It didn't take me long to rank out the bands/logos I possibly wouldn't like to bear on my skin after ten years or so; and finally only two bands remained - Opeth and Dark Tranquillity (surprising, isn't it).

Now, I already have a good quality picture of the Opeth 'O' to show my friend, but I lack a large-size picture of the old Dark Tranquillity logo (the D-above-T-one, found on the back of The Gallery for example). So if anyone of you (Niklas?) has a good quality picture of the DT-logo, could you please send it to me or post it here? I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance.

-Villain

not trying to make you renounce you from your tattoo (I have one, a black rose dripping water) but a guy I know made a tattoo of Metallica.:rolleyes:

lobo: that's the reason I don't have any tatoo...not the metallica, but the possibility that with time I get tired of it! Not only a bandname, but I could also get tired of a horse/dragon/skull/fairy/whatever and then I should use laser to get rid of it and normally the result is not succesful!
love tatoos....on others, but not for me ;)

Originally posted by FatherVic
the possibility that with time I get tired of it! Not only a bandname, but I could also get tired of a horse/dragon/skull/fairy/whatever and then I should use laser to get rid of it and normally the result is not succesful!
love tatoos....on others, but not for me ;)
unfortunately, that true. i got one after considering it for a really long time, i had chosen a design i really liked and had some meaning to me and still i regret it :p

i think the opeth would look killer!!
altho'...it might not be practical cos the lines are so thin and cos tatoos get itchy at first they might 'come off' eekk!!:cry:
also, i would check out this guy's portfolio... btw, where are you gonna get it villain?

GM - (who doesn't want to piss on everything, but is just seeing the practical side, and would personally have both!!!):p

Originally posted by GrandMelancholy

also, i would check out this guy's portfolio... btw, where are you gonna get it villain?

Well, he's not a professional - just a "freelancer" and an art student at our school. But I trust his skills and devotion in this - he has some awesome tattoos himself, done by his non-professional friends.

I just showed him today the picture Alfred sent me (yes, the DT one - the Opeth one shall wait for now) and we spent some time thinking about the exact place - for now it seems it'll be pretty high at the left side of my chest. I'll let you all know, once it is made.

-Villain

@astarte: damn! so finally I find someone who regrets...normally or don't regret or are too proud to say the really regret....
what did you tatoo and where if I'm to ask???
that really is something to consider when making it. I mean, I guess it's more difficult to regret if you get it in the bottom of the back than in the forehead! :D

i got this (see pic. only the center part) in the right arm. unfortunately by the "professional"'s own decision it had to be big so it covers 10cm of my skin :rolleyes: i wanted a small tattoo :cry:

ps: it is addictive. that's true. @villain: prepare to want more tattoos ;)

Attachments

• universe.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 27
well it has a lot of detail so it needed to be big....
and I guess I wouldn't choose my arms....oh! I don't know....I most probably won't make myself one!!!

to astarte: maybe you just did a tattoo you didnt really believed in. Mine has great personal value, its not just a tattoo, its a part of my life. I want to do some more, but im low on cash :rolleyes: .

to FatherVic: yes maybe you are right, sooner or later if you dont are really onto tattoos it would be a shame do have to erase it.

@Lobo: no, it has a special meaning to me. the design & the moment when it was done, it just that i'm not 100% satisfied with the result, it's not exactly like i had pictured it...
being a perfectionist is a curse ;)