A taste of extreme divinity || New album

So...whats everyone fav song off the new album, at first listen anyway. I'd have to say Weed out the Weak.

Needless to say, I fucking LOVE this album! It was definitely worth the wait.

I kinda regret not ordering the edition with the dogtag, though.. Looks cool.

So...whats everyone fav song off the new album, at first listen anyway. I'd have to say Weed out the Weak.

There are several songs that really hit me when I heard them the first time.

Valley of the Damned
Sky's falling down
Weed out the Weak
No Tomorrow
The Sinner
Tamed
Alive

....The album is amazing...my fav track is a tie between Solar empire and weed out the week....and global domination is up there. and the intro talking thing in hang'em high
The voice at the beginning is "The Iceman" Richard Kuklinski. He was a mob hitman who killed over 100 people. You can hear the quote from the song in this video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Valley of the damned
Weed out the weak
No tomorrow
Global domination
The quest
Sky is falling down

Thats my favorite songs :p

Edit: The new site looks awesome. Finally an update. :D

None of you list Taste The Extreme Divinty as your top picks, I personally think that and Hang Him High are the best songs. A couple parts sound like they could come off Nightmares Made Flesh :)

Holy shit, this album is truly awesome... It was worth the wait!!
I'm still in the "new" stage, but I can tell right now it's gonna be 1 of my fav. albums of all time!

I was reading the lyrics and I noticed that Solar Empire is loosely based on Stargate SG-1?
I mean check the lyrics:
- A path, A Stargate
- Searching for another host
- Through the black holes, travelled for lightyears
- Looking for another world to reign
The rest of the lyrics are also somewhat SG-1 related. ( heroglyphs, gods, codes )

It COULD be describing the Goa'ulds :lol: Yes I'm a SG fan, so maybe I just read want I want to read :Spin:
Or does anyone else see the comparisons?

It's great that though this album is loud it doesn't crackle. They did this huge sound the right way and still preserved some dynamics too. I listened few songs from the new Slayer and that production is lot worse. They made it loud but totally wrong (and unfortunately typical) way. It crackles and levels are way up. Same dude made the sound of Death Magnetic too and you can hear it. Thank goat that Hypocrisy didn't fell on that.

Holy shit, this album is truly awesome... It was worth the wait!!
I'm still in the "new" stage, but I can tell right now it's gonna be 1 of my fav. albums of all time!

I was reading the lyrics and I noticed that Solar Empire is loosely based on Stargate SG-1?
I mean check the lyrics:
- A path, A Stargate
- Searching for another host
- Through the black holes, travelled for lightyears
- Looking for another world to reign
The rest of the lyrics are also somewhat SG-1 related. ( heroglyphs, gods, codes )

It COULD be describing the Goa'ulds :lol: Yes I'm a SG fan, so maybe I just read want I want to read :Spin:
Or does anyone else see the comparisons?

Probably just a Stargate reference in general... not so much SG-1 ;p

It's great that though this album is loud it doesn't crackle. They did this huge sound the right way and still preserved some dynamics too. I listened few songs from the new Slayer and that production is lot worse. They made it loud but totally wrong (and unfortunately typical) way. It crackles and levels are way up. Same dude made the sound of Death Magnetic too and you can hear it. Thank goat that Hypocrisy didn't fell on that.

Okay so your problem isnt the sound, really. You're listening to mp3s, I'm sure. I'm guessing the quality of the mp3s is 192 - 128 kbps or even lower. When mp3s with loud recordings are over compressed, compression artifacts occur.

A compression artifact can be a crackle, blip, etc.

If you really dont want them to happen, you'll need higher quality mp3s (or .wav or .flac music files) (which are larger and take up more space, but in the long run are worth it if you want quality)

I have to rip stuff like Virus at 320 kbps to get away from them on my ipod. Hypocrisy is guilty of very loud recordings, so I'd go that route on their stuff that does.

192 kbps is good enough for most newly recorded albums to sound fine though... and you can download stuff online to convert kbps rates, etc.

The moral here, though, is.... probably... if you're going to download music for free... dont bitch about the quality.

Probably just a Stargate reference in general... not so much SG-1 ;p

Okay so your problem isnt the sound, really. You're listening to mp3s, I'm sure. I'm guessing the quality of the mp3s is 192 - 128 kbps or even lower. When mp3s with loud recordings are over compressed, compression artifacts occur.

A compression artifact can be a crackle, blip, etc.

If you really dont want them to happen, you'll need higher quality mp3s (or .wav or .flac music files) (which are larger and take up more space, but in the long run are worth it if you want quality)

I have to rip stuff like Virus at 320 kbps to get away from them on my ipod. Hypocrisy is guilty of very loud recordings, so I'd go that route on their stuff that does.

192 kbps is good enough for most newly recorded albums to sound fine though... and you can download stuff online to convert kbps rates, etc.

The moral here, though, is.... probably... if you're going to download music for free... dont bitch about the quality.
We clearly have some kind of communication failure here. Is my english that bad? :O
Besides, I know all that and this has nothing to do with those. I wasn't saying a negative word about new Hypocrisy (and I own the CD-version). I was criticizing the production of new Slayer and comparing it to new Hypocrisy. Both are loud albums but new Slayer seems to have a typical loudness war production whereas new Hypocrisy sounds very good production-wise too. You should know that when album's been mastered like for example Death Magnetic (or WPB) it crackles no matter what version you have.

So, after listening to atoed for like 48h non stop i finally chose my favorite songs:

no tomorrow is def my no 1. second place go to solar empire and global domination which follow close. the others are still killer songs, but these three will end up in my all time favorite shuffle for the next 40 years. :kickass:

We clearly have some kind of communication failure here. Is my english that bad? :O
Besides, I know all that and this has nothing to do with those. I wasn't saying a negative word about new Hypocrisy (and I own the CD-version). I was criticizing the production of new Slayer and comparing it to new Hypocrisy. Both are loud albums but new Slayer seems to have a typical loudness war production whereas new Hypocrisy sounds very good production-wise too. You should know that when album's been mastered like for example Death Magnetic (or WPB) it crackles no matter what version you have.

320 mp3s or .wavs/.flacs dont crackle. I just checked the mp3s... so theres no way the others will, considering they're not compressed.

320 mp3s or .wavs/.flacs dont crackle. I just checked the mp3s... so theres no way the others will, considering they're not compressed.
Okay, lets just say those won't crackle but have distortion that only comes when album's been mastered to be very loud. So my point is that the new Slayer is distorted album and luckily the new Hypocrisy isn't although both are loud albums.