A "Thank You" open letter to all...

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Hey everyone,

As I am sitting on my plane on my way back home from Atlanta, I wanted to get this post done since I still have pure ProgPower USA in my system.

I have a feeling that this may become a little bit more than just the usual thank you post. An open letter perhaps, as I want to share this with everyone.

As some of you know, I started coming to ProgPower in 2002 as a fan. I still remember the thrill of seeing Angra announced to play their very first USA show ever. I immediately bought a ticket and booked a trip to Atlanta (hell, via Greyhound, all the way from NYC). I had no idea this would become something so important in my life, something that I absolutely can't live without - and that's exactly what happened.

Attending ProgPower III that year was a pivotal moment in my life. Coming to Atlanta was a life-changing experience. I was 18 years old at the time and was finishing High School. I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do with my life other than I wanted to hopefully, in a perfect world, do something that was music-related - but who knew if that "dream" would come true. At any case, being in Atlanta that year made a huge impact on me. I decided to come back every year. I loved every minute of it. I became converted to ProgPower USA. It put my "metal hobby" over the top.

I didn't know at the time, but the festival actually kickstarted a massive chain of events that put me in the path where I'm at now... working with a passion in a professional way. I would never imagine that, over a decade later, I'd be a part of the crew of PPUSA, as a promoter of one of the nights (two, actually, starting next year).

ProgPower is still a passion and a big week of fun, but it's also extremely taxing on a physical and emotional level to all of us who work in the team that makes this happen. It is a completely different monster to come to Atlanta to work on the festival as it is from coming as a fan. I've been in both sides of the coin, and believe me when I tell you - it's not easy. It's extremely rewarding, but not easy. Some people don't really understand when they see us tired, stressed, angry, disgruntled and running around. Some people think some of us are just being indifferent about hanging out or whatever. That's not the case. It's just the hat that we wear. Please don't ever take that personally. I am speaking for myself, although I am sure a lot (if not all) of the crew members would agree with me. And while we're at it, I want to say thank you to every single member of our crew. You are amazing. When we say this is the best damn crew in the industry, we mean it. We are a family, we have each others backs and we'd never have it another way. I am honored to work with each and every one of you.

A very special thank you to the guys and girls who worked directly with me on both the Midweek Mayhem and the Evergrey acoustic shows this year. I am proud to call you friends. You know who you are and you've done a stellar job. I couldn't have done this without you.

A big hug and thanks also go out to Glenn and Jen. Glenn, if only you truly understood how much of an influence you've been in my life (professionally and personally). I appreciate all of the advice, the friendship and the trust that you've put in me. I hope that I've been able to live up to your expectations. Jen, the work you put on this behind the scenes promoting the festival on our pages is second to none. If it wasn't for you, I am not sure the festival would still be running. Amazing. Thanks for helping out promote both my show and Nathan's show as well. I know I couldn't do it without that and I'm sure Nathan feels the same way.

Nathan, Kick-Off promoter and my now partner on both Wednesday and Thursday... All I have to say to you is that I am proud and honored to work with you going forward. We're going to knock this out of the park. I know it. I can't wait until we unleash what we have planned for next year. Cheers to you!

I can't forget to mention my family (my wife and son back at home) who know how much this is important to me and who understand that I need to be away doing this otherwise life is just not the same. I love you. Thank you so much.

All of the bands involved on the festival this year, especially those I worked with directly get a big shout out as well - especially Halcyon Way, Ashes of Ares, Voyager, Evergrey, Native Construct, Anathema, Unleash the Archers, Riverside and Angra. It's been a true pleasure working with you all.

And finally, I want to thank all of the fans and the friends I made over the years at this festival. Your support is what keeps the wheel rolling. None of this would happen without you. You can be 1000% sure that we'll always work our damn hardest to give you the best damn show in the planet. You've never disappointed me and I promise I will treat you the exact same way.

Thanks to all from a co-promoter who, despite being physically and mentally exhausted, emotionally-tolled, is super proud, honored-to-do-this and extremely excited about the future.

See you guys next year. We're in this for the long run, come hell or high water.

-M

I was going to text you this evening to see how Wednesday went, but I guess it was pretty good.

Thanks to everyone for busting your asses to bring us bands we otherwise have almost no shot at seeing. And for making the fest such a fun and happy place.

It was good to finally meet you after all of these years. To be honest, I mostly leave you guys alone because I know you guys are busy, but I was able to catch you at a moment when you were taking some down time and it was good to chat briefly. You guys do good work, which is why I always seem to be back the next year.

Agreed on what you said about the crew, and I thought you came to PPSA 2.0 to hassle someone who's is now a co-worker, about a certain band he doesn't like :devil:

I was going to text you this evening to see how Wednesday went, but I guess it was pretty good.

Thanks to everyone for busting your asses to bring us bands we otherwise have almost no shot at seeing. And for making the fest such a fun and happy place.

Thanks bro. It went super smooth. How did I not see you at all this weekend?? Not even once!

Yippee38 said:
Awesome job so far Milton! I look forward to finding out what you guys have in store for the pre-shows next year.

Thank you very much! I can't wait until we unleash the news on everyone!

Diamond45 said:
Thank you Milton for all the hard work you've done. I was proud to see the fruits of your labor on Wednesday night. I am also happy to have helped you with a donation to the cause!

Thanks, Dave! It was great seeing you as always! It means a lot to know that there are people willing to go the extra mile to help making this dream a reality! It won't be forgotten!

TheLongshot said:
It was good to finally meet you after all of these years. To be honest, I mostly leave you guys alone because I know you guys are busy, but I was able to catch you at a moment when you were taking some down time and it was good to chat briefly. You guys do good work, which is why I always seem to be back the next year.

It was really nice running into you and meeting you after so long indeed. I don't ever mind stopping to talk for a bit to everyone; please don't get me wrong. I appreciate the nice words and hope to see you next year!

KingsGene said:
Hey Milton, thanks for your note, it's always cool to hear some "behind the scenes" thoughts and backstory. We appreciate all of your efforts. Looking forward to many more!

Scott, thank YOU. It was nice to at least say hi at the Evergrey acoustic show. I am on this boat until the end, for as long as it sails! :)

J-Dubya 777 said:
Agreed on what you said about the crew, and I thought you came to PPSA 2.0 to hassle someone who's is now a co-worker, about a certain band he doesn't like...

I will forever harass you until you understand the power of Gildenlow. :D Great catching up with you on Saturday (or Friday?) morning. Even if just for a few minutes, it's worth it! :) Cheers and a hug to you my friend!