A toxic grind machine intro... yay or gay?

kev said:
Hey smy, they're still not a patch on a real nice roland as we ended up finding (especially akoustik). I think grand piano is the best ive heard in terms of piano vst though :)

Haven't heard a Roland piano so I can't comment on that, but one thing that helped me make my pianos sound better with TheGrand was using the "Soft" sound preset and using medium velocities around 50-80. All of a sudden it sounds like a real piano. Maybe try that.

smy1 said:
Haven't heard a Roland piano so I can't comment on that, but one thing that helped me make my pianos sound better with TheGrand was using the "Soft" sound preset and using medium velocities around 50-80. All of a sudden it sounds like a real piano. Maybe try that.

Yeah.. i actually had the velocity around 60-70 as well.. it sounds like shit when it's on 100.. well shit, just faker...

I cant believe no one guessed that 80's song! lemme give you guys a hint.. a black guy with a prison handle bar mustache and the blue, blue sea... he shakes a mean cocktail :lol:

Cheers for the replies, this is what i need to improve some stuff like more volume in that synth around 2:45.. the drums, and that first part of the fading in drums.. thanks! :headbang:

I hate to say that i like Bob's songs better than my own band.
Bob makes listen-music with the attitude of death/thrashmetal.

Would like to hear my Diezel on his songs.:worship:

Black neon bob said:
I cant believe no one guessed that 80's song! lemme give you guys a hint.. a black guy with a prison handle bar mustache and the blue, blue sea... he shakes a mean cocktail :lol:

This is killing me. Is it a metal song or a pop/rock video that was played on MTV? Is the black guy the singer or a character in a video?

Radd said:
This is killing me. Is it a metal song or a pop/rock video that was played on MTV? Is the black guy the singer or a character in a video?

It was a theme song for a big 80's show... the black guy was a actor, and the coolest character in the show!

Awesome stuff, man! I would say I don't like the drums when they fade in at the beginning with the keys. Too thin and weak sounding. I think if you kept them strong sounding like the rest of the song and just faded them (by volume not thinning the tone) in it would be better than the thin tone they have now before they kick in with the guitars.