A Very Interesting CD That I Found Opeth On..... (Regarding Their Airplay)

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
So I'm at this radio station that I'm working at, KAOS 89.3, a small non-profit, awesome college radio station. I actually played a 40 minute show (which was, nerve-racking as hell).

To keep it short, I was going through their library, and I came across a very interesting CD. It was a KOCH Radio CD Sampler, which had various tracks from their label. Among them was Opeth, of course, but I found it interesting that of all the bands on the list, they were the only ones with radio edits. The Tracks were Patterns in the Ivy 2, and Deliverance. Deliverance was the one edited.

Now, considering that they would send this kind of CD to a small college station leads me to believe Koch is pushing to have Opeth played more... Seattle is the 14th largest market, what do you guys think of this?

I wish I could get a picture of that CD, it's very interesting....

Here's what I played, by the way...
1. Anathema- Serenades- Where Shadows Dance 1:54
2. Amorphis- The Karelian Isthmus- Grail's Mysteries 3:02
3. Ajattara- Itse- Tulessa 3:06
4. Borknagar- The Archaic Course- Ad Noctum 4:22
5. Tiamat- Wildhoney- The Ar 5:04
6. Moonspell- Wolfheart- Alma Mater 5:37
7. Amorpis- Tales From the Thousand Lakes- In the Beginning
8. Katatonia- Brave Murder Day- Endtime 6:45

I played Katatonia instead of Opeth. Sue me.

The edit is just a much shorter version, like only 4.5 minutes. The ending off time muted riff only plays though like twice instead of 7 or 8 times. I heard it on our digital cabels music chanel "Metal".. I was shocked of course and turned it up!

probably because of the symbols lopez plays... its wierd how he does it. Just feels like the song gets off somewhere, but obviously it doesnt.

Loud Music For Loud People... I can understand that they put Deliverance on that but Patterns in the Ivy II hardly qualifies as loud in my book. Idiots...