A Winter's Dream vs. Candlight Fantasia

A Winter's Dream or Candlight Fantasia?

• A Winter's Dream [P.1 and 2]

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Candlight Fantasia

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters
Looks like we're losing... yep, my vote was for "A Winter's Dream". Why? Well... I don't know, really... but it's just... different. It was a hard decision, though, but I guess I just like more "A Winter's Dream".

And I'm not saying that "AWD" is better than "CF"... it's just... a matter of tastes :D.

35240710.jpg

ehh candlelight.. im not overly fond of either song, but my only real reason for not liking candlelight is the fact its really..ermm..sappy? that doesnt make it bad though, just not really my taste.. whereas winters dream I dont think is a very good song.

"A Winter's Dream"

CLEARLY their most criminally underrated song in their entire catalog by this message board.

FYI, Winter's Dream is my 2nd fav SX song and Candlelight is my 3rd. Winter has a pretty damn clear lead though.

Candlelight Fantasia.

There's elements of this song which I absolutely love, like what P is doing in the verses and the heavy middle interlude section. And Russell's voice is (of course) amazing on this song.

A Winter's Dream is (to me) the 2nd best song on The Damnation Game. However, CF clearly stands out above it in my book.

I voted for Candelight Fantasia because I find it to be highly emotional and the keyboard sounds are excellent, but I agree that Winter's Dream is one of the most underrated songs in the SX catalogue...and part two has the coolest riff on its album.

R*O*C*K*S* said:
ILOVE A Winter's Dream

but I have to go with Candlelight Fantasia

that's a terrible shame, the whole album The Damnation Game is extremely underrated and it has GREAT tunes on it :(
As it's my favourite Symphony X album, I have to agree. It's fucking criminal!