A wish to the Maidens

alanbirdsell

That's gonna leave a mark
Dec 13, 2002
Spokane, WA
www.alanbirdsell.com
This whole Great White thing got me thinking about how vulnerable bands (and fans) can be sometimes. A lot of times they're booked into clubs they have never been before and in cities they have never been before. I can just imagine that's a scary proposition to walk into blind. And if you have some greedy dumbass promoter who trys to book a band in a crappy club to get more money it can be really scary. I know the Maiden's don't use pyro but the same results could have just as easily have been achieved by some half-wit in the audience (we've all seen 'em at shows). Anybody remember the story behind Smoke on the Water? So... I wanna wish all the Maidens a big hug for makin' it safely so far and the hope that nothing even remotely like this ever happens to them.

As Mister "T" said on the A TEAM...one of my favorite shows..."I pity the fool who fucks w/ the Maidens."

Our hearts go out to the victims, and their families and friends who
have suffered loss in the horrifying Rhode Island tragedy. Audience
safety is the first priority of The Iron Maidens. We use no
pyrotechnics in our show and always have fire-extinguishers on hand
near the stage in case there is ever an emergency. There are two
exits at Kozmos a front and back door that can be used during an
emergency.

Believe me...Chickinson and I both saw the footage this morning. Safety has always been a concern for the band, but now it can't be stressed enough.

Fortunately, the band doesn't use pyro, so the only thing we would have to worry about here is equipment failure or someone in the audience tampering with the band's gear and props. I've been going over in my head what can be corrected and I will speak with the girls and management at the earliest opportunity. Remember, I work here! :D

Originally posted by Bruce Chickinson
As Mister "T" said on the A TEAM...one of my favorite shows..."I pity the fool who fucks w/ the Maidens."

:lol: i watched the A team the other day on tv, when i was little(if i ever really was little) i thought that was the coolest show ever until i realized that they shot like 30,000 rounds a show, blew up a few things, and nobody ever got hurt.

hmm, i know im stoopid, but i am being 'put in my place' with the last few comments, (probably), or are we all sexist-pigs spilling our pints, and wolf-whistling at the delicate females on stage? (not so probable..)
i think i should consider that my wrist has been well and truely slapped.

*sits in a corner, facing the wall*