THE IRON MAIDENS-ALL AGES SHOW~ THE GALAXY THEATRE

He doesn't do much to help his cause Jenna.As you know he has been nothing but a douche bag to me on this board.For example my enthusiasm for the new Journey dvd, and in my mention of the anniversary of the first Black Sabbath album, plus the "Bring Metallicat to CA." thread.

Yeah, this is true. Alot of his posts have been below the belt. I'm not defending his actions on the boards one bit, just stating that in person he's cool.

Be Quick Or Be Dead is an awesome song, and a great opener! Definitely one of Maiden's most underrated songs. :kickass: It was also the first Maiden song I ever saw played live by the band, as they opened with that on the Fear Of The Dark tour which was the first Maiden show I ever went to! :)

I really love the guitar Heather was playing, it looks like a Schecter to me...Its a beautiful guitar, I wish I owned it! lol :(

Speaking of Heather, its great to see her back in the Maidens, even if it is only temporary. Her playing is amazing, and she has a great stage prescence!

As for Acujer, I dont know him personally and have never met him, so can only go by his posts on the board. And can only echo CRSCHKM's and Sabbathking's opinions of them. Even if he was being ''sarcastic'', sarcasm is something which doesn't really come across well on messageboards. Unless its very obvious, and you know what the person is like. Gestures and tone of voice are used to detect sarcasm, neither of which can be picked up on the internet. A lot of his posts just seemed very rude to me...

just seemed very rude to me...

Word. Whoever Acujer may be in person is one thing but - online, saying comments like "She would look good without a top" and "don't play the song or I will fuck shit up at the show" CANNOT be condoned - otherwise it will allow open season for others to start making similar comments on the board.

bottomline for all concerned: don't make a comment on the board you would never say in person :)

btw: anyone can sexually harass me. I'm always game.

n

This was my first time seeing the Maidens, and I was completely blown away! Every single member played with such enthusiasm, passion, and sheer talent that it was a true tribute to the greatest metal band of all time. I remarked to my friend how difficult it must have been for Heather to learn all of the other guitar parts that she wasn't used to playing, and she nailed Dave's parts with no problem! Courtney's guitar work was outstanding, and I was amazed by Wanda's bass chops! Linda hit every beat just like Nicko, and the vocal highlight of the show was Kirsten's unbelievable performance on Aces High. The setlist was incredible, and I can't wait for the next show! I'm planning on going to the show in Redondo, so I hope to see everyone there!

-Michael

Yo, thanks for the props! :headbang: Yeah, The Redondo Beach Brixton show on April 3 is gonna rock. One of the openers is an awesome original band, Slumlord, and this will likely be their final performance because their singer is moving away. It will be a kick-ass night fer sher!

A lot of you are way too sensitive and uptight! This is ridiculous!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone or pissed anyone off, I have never tried to bother anybody. This is a little forum that only a few people post on, where most of the people know each other, and I don't think we need to make such a big deal about this.

SabbathKing, I never had a personal attack on you. I talked crap about Ozzy and Metallica, and you took it personal. I didn't attack you ever! What the hell are you talking about?

Big Momma Nav when did I ever say, "She would look good without a top"?

I said as a joke, a total joke, "Could Heather where one of Courtney's outfits without the jacket?"

I said if you play The Trooper I will blow up the place. Wow, that is really a threat. Uh, do you need 17 smiley faces to clue you in its a joke?

CRSCHKUM, who the fuck can even pronounce your screen name?

What a bunch of overly sensitive pansies. What kind of Heshers do you claim to be? Go cry home to mommy on your BMX in your checkerboard Vans high tops. Only Danny, Jenna, Maiden Afghanastan, Time Warrior, Kirsten, Courtney, Heather, Linda, Wanda, Sara and Aja are worthy of the name Headbanger. Well, I know, Aja is pushing it. But still! She rocked us for years!

The rest of you need to loosen up. Your asses are so tight you couldn't get a pin up it with a jack hammer!

The singer and frontwoman of the band said it herself,

"Nah, I get you, dude. And I think you're funny as hell. Truly! I appreciate your support for the band, too."

I don't see her crappin curly fries.

A lot of you are way too sensitive and uptight! This is ridiculous!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone or pissed anyone off, I have never tried to bother anybody. This is a little forum that only a few people post on, where most of the people know each other, and I don't think we need to make such a big deal about this.

SabbathKing, I never had a personal attack on you. I talked crap about Ozzy and Metallica, and you took it personal. I didn't attack you ever! What the hell are you talking about?

Big Momma Nav when did I ever say, "She would look good without a top"?

I said as a joke, a total joke, "Could Heather where one of Courtney's outfits without the jacket?"

I said if you play The Trooper I will blow up the place. Wow, that is really a threat. Uh, do you need 17 smiley faces to clue you in its a joke?

CRSCHKUM, who the fuck can even pronounce your screen name?

What a bunch of overly sensitive pansies. What kind of Heshers do you claim to be? Go cry home to mommy on your BMX in your checkerboard Vans high tops. Only Danny, Jenna, Maiden Afghanastan, Time Warrior, Kirsten, Courtney, Heather, Linda, Wanda, Sara and Aja are worthy of the name Headbanger. Well, I know, Aja is pushing it. But still! She rocked us for years!

The rest of you need to loosen up. Your asses are so tight you couldn't get a pin up it with a jack hammer!

The singer and frontwoman of the band said it herself,

"Nah, I get you, dude. And I think you're funny as hell. Truly! I appreciate your support for the band, too."

I don't see her crappin curly fries.

I just wanna say I got nothing but love for the good folks who were merely concerned about band members' feelings--but Acujer, you done it again. And I am laughing my ass off! :lol:

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";8959560 said:
... I'm a true BD worshipper! :worship: :lol:

I concur ... the early Maiden vocals were a bit harsh for my "delicate sensibilities". I much prefer the Bruce. The guitar work is what first captured me, and still does.

The first two albums had a definite raw feel to them, and Paul's vocals reflected that very well, but Bruce will always be my favorite singer. He adds such a grandiose quality to the music and creates an epic feel that was not necessarily present prior to his joining the band.

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";8959560 said:
Oooh, Linda and Jenna, I may have to thumb wrestle you over that! :lol:

With all due respect to the undeniably phenomenal Di'Anno era :headbang:, I'm a true BD worshipper! :worship: :lol:

:lol: Next time I'm over, we'll do that! ;)

It's nothing to do with the actual vocals, Bruce is obviously the better singer, but there is just something I love about those first two albums that puts them way ahead of the others for me. Killers is my favourite album - it's the one that made me want to play bass.

Just saw the video for Women In Uniform. Although the whole dressing up in uniforms might be a little cheesy, I LOVED it!!!!!! That was a very nice touch!! I've always loved that song and as usual, y'all 'kin nailed it!! :kickass:

Here is the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN56z-sTeE0

awesome! thanks for posting this. and yes, the uniforms are cheesy/funny, but so is the song itself! haha lyrically, very tongue-in-cheek...