TIMS @ The Galaxy Theatre Sat May 19th!

The last Galaxy show I was at Sara's side was an insane rugby match. Last Canes show got pretty wild and that was 21+.

Jim

That last Galaxy show was one of our biggest crowds to date- it was so crazy that it got me "ranting"!!! :heh: Of course, I had a very good reaon to do so..... :saint:

Ya, that last Cane's show was pretty nuts, too!! Shoots my "new area" theory all to hell! :lol:

But the wild ones were new to us and our show so, in that respect, it still rings true!

I live close to the Galaxy, and I was thinking about this pizza parlor over on 17th between Newport and Irvine Blvd..they have excellent pizza and beer on tap. Anyone interested??

Me-N-Ed's Pizza Parlor
410 E 17th
Costa Mesa 92627

949-646-7136
That place is awesome! I'd go for the pizza, *is 19 and does not possess the ability to drink legally* lol

They are definitely more intense! It's like puppy energy!! :lol:

But for the most part - at least to me - it kind of depends on how often an audience gets to hear what we do. Whenever we go to a new place, even if it's an over 21 show, people are just insane!!!!

The last Galaxy show I was at Sara's side was an insane rugby match. Last Canes show got pretty wild and that was 21+.

Jim

Interesting. Do the security let the crowd mosh or do they run into stop it? I have only been to four gigs in America and only ever seen one mosh pit which starting during Creeping Death at Metallica and the security were right in there stopping it (which I thought was awesome cos moshing is so fucking pointless!) but here the only thing security deals with are crowdsurfers for obvious reasons.

Interesting. Do the security let the crowd mosh or do they run into stop it? I have only been to four gigs in America and only ever seen one mosh pit which starting during Creeping Death at Metallica and the security were right in there stopping it (which I thought was awesome cos moshing is so fucking pointless!) but here the only thing security deals with are crowdsurfers for obvious reasons.

It kind of depends on the venue - some places have a no moshing rule and in some the security just watch like it's TV! :err:

I've even seen some of 'em jump right in and mosh along! Now that's helpful!! :lol:

I guess the bright side is that I get to practice crowd control skills. :p

It kind of depends on the venue - some places have a no moshing rule and in some the security just watch like it's TV! :err:

I've even seen some of 'em jump right in and mosh along! Now that's helpful!! :lol:

I guess the bright side is that I get to practice crowd control skills. :p

And do people abide by them? They have these kinds of signs at our venues too, but no-one pays any attention. Same about cameras - it says no cameras but everyone's in there snapping away.

It lets you take your role to an even higher level and practise your rants too!! :lol:

I have never been to the Galaxy before.
Are they cool with cameras?
Should I give them a call first?

Usually they are fine with it, but it does depend on the show. Last show I saw there was California Metalfest about a month ago and they were totally cool with cameras. I think they're issue is with video cameras but now-a-days most digital cameras have recording capabilities.

I'd call just to be on the safe side, even if they say no at the door it's not a big deal, you just put the camera back in your car.

And do people abide by them? They have these kinds of signs at our venues too, but no-one pays any attention. Same about cameras - it says no cameras but everyone's in there snapping away.

It lets you take your role to an even higher level and practise your rants too!! :lol:

Well, Jenna, for example at the Canes show that has been mentioned here, there is a sign in Canes to the right on the front door that is red with white lettering that says, "NO CROWD SURFING, NO MOSHING". At that show only one person tried crowd surfing and was thrown out immediately. However, lots started moshing and security only came in every now and then, even though many of the moshers starts pushing people who were not at all interested. They would only throw someone out if they saw something directly that they deemed inappropriate or if someone tried to climb on stage. I started out in the front at that show, and after a few songs moved to the back because security seemed to not be at all stopping anyone who was pushing people from behind. I diverted some of my attention from the show just to throw my radar back a bit and root myself. Soon I just moved back because I was sick of having to focus on something other than the show (shit, I go to hear music- some fucking great music at that- not to practice seeing how far I can extend my attention behind me). Funny thing is, it was the third time I had seen the Maidens at Canes, and hadn't seen this bullshit from a crowd there before. I think at any venue you go to there is always some risk of this, but I'd never avoid going to a show just on the off-chance that the crowd might get too carried away. If it hapens continuously at the same venue, then I'll think about not going to that venue, but I'd have to see it repeated. Hopefully, I won't have to think about whether or not security puts up with this stuff at any particular venue, because no one starts it in the first place.

I live close to the Galaxy, and I was thinking about this pizza parlor over on 17th between Newport and Irvine Blvd..they have excellent pizza and beer on tap. Anyone interested??

Me-N-Ed's Pizza Parlor
410 E 17th
Costa Mesa 92627

949-646-7136

I think that's a hell of an idea, seeing as how I've probably seen a good number of people on this board at shows but have no idea that "Oh yeah, you're the one who wrote this and that on the forum", and likely some of y'all have seen my face before too.

While I love good pizza and would always rather support a local business than a corporation, I am originally from Massachusetts, so my pizza standards are pretty high. I hope they deliv... I hope they live up to my expectations.

It is GREAT pizza Matt, Puck and I have walked there for pizza and a pitcher of beer before... I love it. See everyone there. They have plenty of room tooooo :) Oh yeah a head counts for those going??? Cause I know we will be there first and that way we can make sure we have enough tables :)

While I love good pizza and would always rather support a local business than a corporation, I am originally from Massachusetts, so my pizza standards are pretty high. I hope they deliv... I hope they live up to my expectations.

I know what you mean.. There's a cheesesteak place in Costa Mesa (Frank's Philadelphia on Fairview & Wilson) that I've been going to for years. Couple years ago, I went to Philadelphia for the first time and was very disappointed in 'the real thing' after going to Frank's all this time.

It is GREAT pizza Matt, Puck and I have walked there for pizza and a pitcher of beer before... I love it. See everyone there. They have plenty of room tooooo :) Oh yeah a head counts for those going??? Cause I know we will be there first and that way we can make sure we have enough tables :)

I'll go and since I'm hungry right now the thought of pizza is only prolonging the agony. :lol:

What time?

@Puckfiend - Frank's is awesome dude! :headbang:

Couple questions for the ladies about Saturday night:

Do you have the time schedule for the night?

When is the Derek meet & greet..after the show?

Can I leave my stuff to get signed in the car until after the show? Will they let us back in after going out to the parking lot?

Thanks! :kickass:

Well, Jenna, for example at the Canes show that has been mentioned here, there is a sign in Canes to the right on the front door that is red with white lettering that says, "NO CROWD SURFING, NO MOSHING". At that show only one person tried crowd surfing and was thrown out immediately. However, lots started moshing and security only came in every now and then, even though many of the moshers starts pushing people who were not at all interested. They would only throw someone out if they saw something directly that they deemed inappropriate or if someone tried to climb on stage. I started out in the front at that show, and after a few songs moved to the back because security seemed to not be at all stopping anyone who was pushing people from behind. I diverted some of my attention from the show just to throw my radar back a bit and root myself. Soon I just moved back because I was sick of having to focus on something other than the show (shit, I go to hear music- some fucking great music at that- not to practice seeing how far I can extend my attention behind me). Funny thing is, it was the third time I had seen the Maidens at Canes, and hadn't seen this bullshit from a crowd there before. I think at any venue you go to there is always some risk of this, but I'd never avoid going to a show just on the off-chance that the crowd might get too carried away. If it hapens continuously at the same venue, then I'll think about not going to that venue, but I'd have to see it repeated. Hopefully, I won't have to think about whether or not security puts up with this stuff at any particular venue, because no one starts it in the first place.

I think alot of the time, alcohol has alot to do with it. They really should ban the sale of alcohol at some gigs cos most of the time people go waaaayy over the score and it ends up with a load of people being absolute arseholes. :mad:

i'm always in for good pizza & a brew. i'll leave early this time- i'll try to get a new friend of mine to show up for chow & the show also.

I just bought my tix. I tried the phone number the Iron Ladies are announcing, but that didn't work! The Galaxy has a slightly different number. Last time I got numbers wrong I had too much to drink! Hmmm...

wrong number: 714 597-0600
correct number: 714 957-0600

Looking f'n forward to this show! ...and yes, when will Derek be avail for meet/greet/signings?

I missed the radio(net) of the Derek Riggs interview. Did he explain the story behind his little signature? I always wondered if that means anything (and if so, what?), or if it didn't and it was just some cool sign he made up.

Did he explain the story behind his little signature? I always wondered if that means anything (and if so, what?), or if it didn't and it was just some cool sign he made up.

It's basically his initials: a backwards D back to back with R..he didn't say if the arrow pointing at a line and the little circle mean anything. You can ask him specifically tomorrow. :kickass: