TIMS @ The Galaxy Theatre Sat May 19th!

I just bought my tix. I tried the phone number the Iron Ladies are announcing, but that didn't work! The Galaxy has a slightly different number. Last time I got numbers wrong I had too much to drink! Hmmm...

wrong number: 714 597-0600
correct number: 714 957-0600

Looking f'n forward to this show! ...and yes, when will Derek be avail for meet/greet/signings?

I missed the radio(net) of the Derek Riggs interview. Did he explain the story behind his little signature? I always wondered if that means anything (and if so, what?), or if it didn't and it was just some cool sign he made up.

He joked that it was a mystical sign that meant many things. But I do know that answer to that one, it's just his initials. Let me get a diagram to show you.

It's basically his initials: a backwards D back to back with R..he didn't say if the arrow pointing at a line and the little circle mean anything. You can ask him specifically tomorrow. :kickass:

Ya beat me!! :p

Here's a diagram anyway!!

riggssigri5.jpg

Interesting. Do the security let the crowd mosh or do they run into stop it? I have only been to four gigs in America and only ever seen one mosh pit which starting during Creeping Death at Metallica and the security were right in there stopping it (which I thought was awesome cos moshing is so fucking pointless!) but here the only thing security deals with are crowdsurfers for obvious reasons.

Oh GOD, here we go. If you are at a Metallica show and they are playing Creeping Death and you are mad that people are moshing, YOU should be the one kicked out of the show. Moshing to thrash metal is part of the experience. I can't believe security would stop a mosh pit at a thrash metal gig thats just rediculous. Moshing to YOU might be 'fucking pointless' but to many thrash/speed/death/hardcore metal fans that is what defines the shows. The bigger the pits the more energy the band gets. How many times have you heard the singer say "I wanna see the biggest pit we have ever seen" Just about any Thrash/Speed/Death/Hardcore band WANTS there to be a pit. Metallica USED to be THRASH and USED to encourage PIT. Now they are sell out pussies so it figures they would stop moshing at one of their shows

I love seeing people like you at Thrash metal shows complaining about moshing, you are always the first one that gets kicked in the head!

As for the Galaxy they let you mosh if you are in the PIT section. I was at Testament, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Soulfly, Superjoint Ritual, Devildriver, and many other shows there and the pits were great.

I agree moshing for Iron Maiden is pretty lame, but if people are feeling it and that is how they express themselves I have no problem with it as long as they are in the PIT section and are responsible about it

I agree moshing for Iron Maiden is pretty lame, but if people are feeling it and that is how they express themselves I have no problem with it as long as they are in the PIT section and are responsible about it

Interesting, I didn't know they had an actual PIT section at the Galaxy - judging from the shows and the moshing I've seen when we've played there, the PIT is wherever someone decides to start moshing ( and that always seems to be right in front of the stage :rolleyes: ) Maybe the artist has to request a PIT area.....future food for thought!

I'm always glad people are excited about the show. It's just the way they choose to express that joy that I disagree with. I hate seeing someone who isn't there to mosh but is there just for the music get nailed in the back of the head with an elbow. That kinda sucks...

It lets you take your role to an even higher level and practise your rants too!! :lol:

That's right, girl!!! :lol: Bruce has always been pretty vocal about what he thinks of moshing so I just follow the template he's set and make the comments he's made himself, for the most part. We just happen to feel the same way about it! :p :saint:

Oh GOD, here we go. If you are at a Metallica show and they are playing Creeping Death and you are mad that people are moshing, YOU should be the one kicked out of the show. Moshing to thrash metal is part of the experience. I can't believe security would stop a mosh pit at a thrash metal gig thats just rediculous. Moshing to YOU might be 'fucking pointless' but to many thrash/speed/death/hardcore metal fans that is what defines the shows. The bigger the pits the more energy the band gets. How many times have you heard the singer say "I wanna see the biggest pit we have ever seen" Just about any Thrash/Speed/Death/Hardcore band WANTS there to be a pit. Metallica USED to be THRASH and USED to encourage PIT. Now they are sell out pussies so it figures they would stop moshing at one of their shows

I love seeing people like you at Thrash metal shows complaining about moshing, you are always the first one that gets kicked in the head!

As for the Galaxy they let you mosh if you are in the PIT section. I was at Testament, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Soulfly, Superjoint Ritual, Devildriver, and many other shows there and the pits were great.

Don't start this arguement again. *yawn* :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pit sections are a great idea - I wish all venues had them.

Interesting, I didn't know they had an actual PIT section at the Galaxy - judging from the shows and the moshing I've seen when we've played there, the PIT is wherever someone decides to start moshing ( and that always seems to be right in front of the stage :rolleyes: ) Maybe the artist has to request a PIT area.....future food for thought!

I'm always glad people are excited about the show. It's just the way they choose to express that joy that I disagree with. I hate seeing someone who isn't there to mosh but is there just for the music get nailed in the back of the head with an elbow. That kinda sucks...

That's right, girl!!! :lol: Bruce has always been pretty vocal about what he thinks of moshing so I just follow the template he's set and make the comments he's made himself, for the most part. We just happen to feel the same way about it! :p :saint:

Damn right Aja!! Good old Brucie!! :headbang: I feel the same way.

You just nailed the reason most people, like Jenna here, don't like moshing. People knew how to do it right 20 years ago, but nowadays it's mostly just assholes running around throwing elbows thinking they're cool because they're 'moshing.' :erk:

You just nailed the reason most people, like Jenna here, don't like moshing. People knew how to do it right 20 years ago, but nowadays it's mostly just assholes running around throwing elbows thinking they're cool because they're 'moshing.' :erk:

Someone give this man a medal please!! :worship:

You look at footage of the pits on Live Shit for example, it's a big circle and no-one within the circle is touching anyone on the outside. That is fine and dandy - go nuts I say!! But every experience I've had with moshers has just been a big fight with bystanders like myself who're trying to watch the band get kicked and elbowed and I'm not down with that. :mad:

I dunno why this guy has such a bug up his ass about me not liking moshing anyway. Does it really fucking matter?!?! Aja's practically said she doesn't like it too, does that mean he's gonna off on her too?? :rolleyes:

anyone know if they're all cover bands? can't find any info about them on the internet (aside from back in black, but it looks like they're a different band with the same name). i'm assuming they're AC/DC, whitesnake, UFO tributes? looks like the maidens will be taking the stage around 11:30PM or midnight, according to my best estimates...

i'm driving an hour from the valley for the show, so any info (aja? linda?) on set times would be great. :)

oh you should watch this, its a great example of what puckfiend just said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=catu3kkjol0&eurl=http://www.orgasmatrix.com/

YOU CAN OR YOU CANT LIKE THE MOSH THING YOU GO TO A CONCERT TO HEAR MUSIC NOT TO GET KICKED. anyway i like mosh pits.

At everyone else knows what I'm talking about.

If people want to mosh, fine - just do it away from me. I don't want an elbow in the face when I'm trying to enjoy the music thanks!!

Anyways, we do not need old arguments dragged back up again. This thread is about the Galaxy show. Any more arguments and posts will be getting deleted.

looks like the maidens will be taking the stage around 11:30PM or midnight, according to my best estimates...

Huh.gif
Huh.gif

I hope there is a logistics plan for Derek to sign and meet folks other than the 1/2 hour or so after the show before everyone gets tossed out at 2:00.
Huh.gif

Jim

oh you should watch this, its a great example of what puckfiend just said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=catu3kkjol0&eurl=http://www.orgasmatrix.com/

YOU CAN OR YOU CANT LIKE THE MOSH THING YOU GO TO A CONCERT TO HEAR MUSIC NOT TO GET KICKED. anyway i like mosh pits.

Those are a bunch of douche bag Karate Kid "Hardcore" dancers. That isn't moshing. If anyone on here is into bands like Testament, Metallica, Pantera, Anthrax, Slayer, etc etc and you think that people don't go to show to mosh you should think again. If I went to any of those bands shows and they didn't allow moshing I'd ask for a refund.

None the less I think everyone agrees that moshing to Iron Maiden is pretty stupid. But if a pit happens to break out during Number of the Beast or any of the faster/heavier songs don't get mad, just simply move out of the way for a few minutes, let the kids have their fun.

True Dat!

Violence has no place in a public venue, and ANYONE who injures unsuspecting paying audience members, or ruins their concert experience should be taken directly to Jail. If someone wants Pugilism, they should go to a Boxing match, Concerts are for MUSIC.

Well Duh? It seems so obvious, I'm embarassed I have to spell it out for some individuals.

Violence IS violence .... if you want a streetfight, then take it to the streets.

anyone know if they're all cover bands? can't find any info about them on the internet (aside from back in black, but it looks like they're a different band with the same name). i'm assuming they're AC/DC, whitesnake, UFO tributes? looks like the maidens will be taking the stage around 11:30PM or midnight, according to my best estimates...

i'm driving an hour from the valley for the show, so any info (aja? linda?) on set times would be great. :)

I'm sure about Back in Black being a tribute band, and I also think Lights Out is a tribute band too because I remember playing a show with them once.

True Dat!

Violence has no place in a public venue, and ANYONE who injures unsuspecting paying audience members, or ruins their concert experience should be taken directly to Jail. If someone wants Pugilism, they should go to a Boxing match, Concerts are for MUSIC.

Well Duh? It seems so obvious, I'm embarassed I have to spell it out for some individuals.

Violence IS violence .... if you want a streetfight, then take it to the streets.

This is not an argument just conversation....

Do you think people at a Slayer, Testament, Anthrax, Machine Head, Metallica type show should be 'taken directly to jail' if they mosh? Just curious