A word on the 2005 roster....

nightwish58 said:
When I started reading your post, I thought u had a major boner because of Metal Rose's pic above; I guess not!
Haha, the boner started with Glenn's news and kept rising to the occassion after that picture! :tickled:

No one but Glenn and his confidants will know until March so you won't get anywhere by asking. My opinion is that Sonata Arctica and Nightwish will not be on the Fest next year because of their extensive tour of the US, but then again I could be wrong.

Bear

Bear said:
No one but Glenn and his confidants will know until March so you won't get anywhere by asking. My opinion is that Sonata Arctica and Nightwish will not be on the Fest next year because of their extensive tour of the US, but then again I could be wrong.

Bear

I agree. I would like to see Sonata play the fest (no higher than spot#3- 1 hour), but as far as Nightwish goes, I'd rather they just not be there at all.

Not only because I am not a fan, but I think that if they play PP, they will demand one of the final two slots on one of the nights. And my personal $0.02 is that if they do an American tour, then using up 90-100 minutes of PP time for a band that has been here earlier in the year is just not right.

I would like to think that I would feel the same if the issue was about a band that I personally cared about seeing. I.E- if someone I really liked went and played America (headlining) 8 mos BEFORE PP, I would still want them to play PP but I would understand if they didn't(SX, ie).

All that said, I have some pretty high hopes for PP2005 as I think there will be 3-4 bands that will blow my socks off! :headbang:

BlindPanzer said:
I'm sorry you don't comprehend the power of the rhetorical question, bear...
To many people come here new to the fest asking questions, I was just passing along info. Thanks for being an asshole though, much appreciated.

Bear

If he gets Sonata, and if they were not on tour then I would go in a heartbeat. But, since they are on tour and hitting my area then it would not be that exciting again to see them in a few months later.

MetalRose said:
I was out one night and my friend had left her axe from her Halloween costume at this place... So she came up to me and put it in my cleavage. It stuck there. LOL.
Yep, that would be enough to make me gawk too! Not everyday you seen an axe do that sort of thing (ha ha).

Work with me folks, what else am I to say here????

Angrafan said:
I'd like to see Shaman! :) Glenn tried to book them twice (prog power 2 and 5, I think).... Maybe this time they can work out a deal! :)
Maybe you meant PP3 because when Glen was booking PP2 in early 2001, Shaman barely existed. Ritual didn't even come out until 2002. I'd love to see Shaman at PP, but I heard some very negative rumors at PPV about Shaman's probability of being at PP this year (or anytime soon; although I hope I am wrong). However, I wouldn't be suprized if we had Angra headline again (they just had a new cd too).

I' d love to see Sonata play for more than 45 minutes, so I've love to have them headline PP. And based on Glens posts earlier, I think that is what is going to happen. If Sonata was at PP, they would definitely headline, no third slots for them.

I don't think Glen was ever considering Nightwish for PP. He wouldn't have a band that could do an extensive US tour as a headliner at PP.
Unless Nightwish's popularity wanes, I don't think we will ever see them at PP again. And I think that it is great that they are getting more popular an can headline a US tour. It will break ground for more PP bands to do full tours in the future if it is successful.

Robin

ReaLM said:
Maybe you meant PP3 because when Glen was booking PP2 in early 2001, Shaman barely existed. Ritual didn't even come out until 2002. I'd love to see Shaman at PP, but I heard some very negative rumors at PPV about Shaman's probability of being at PP this year (or anytime soon; although I hope I am wrong). However, I wouldn't be suprized if we had Angra headline again (they just had a new cd too).

Actually, I am pretty sure it was PP2, even though the album was not out yet! eheh
I didn't hear any rumors at PPV.... I think Glenn posted something about Shaman not being at PPV just for some small details.... I hope they are still in good terms with Glenn :D

To be honest, I don't even like Ritual all that much... I just want to see Andre, Ricardo and Luis Live again! They kick major ass... The last time I saw them was in 1999....

They Will Be Playing The "new England Metal And Hardcore Festival, Not A Personal Fan Of Either Bands, But Would Love To See Some Ass On The Stage!!!

Into Eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angrafan said:
Actually, I am pretty sure it was PP2, even though the album was not out yet! eheh
I didn't hear any rumors at PPV.... I think Glenn posted something about Shaman not being at PPV just for some small details.... I hope they are still in good terms with Glenn :D

To be honest, I don't even like Ritual all that much... I just want to see Andre, Ricardo and Luis Live again! They kick major ass... The last time I saw them was in 1999....
I love Ritual. And I have to say that I like Shaman more than the new Angra. Ritual sounds more like what the next Angra cd should have sounded like to me. The new Angra sounds a lot more straight forward.

I was lucky enough to see Shaman in early October and they were awsome (although the crowd was so huge I could barely see them and was watching a video screen half the time). Unfortunatly the only Angra song they played was Carry On; I hate that song, I don't get how it is so popular. They did play almost every song on Ritual though.