A word on the 2005 roster....

ReaLM said:
I love Ritual. And I have to say that I like Shaman more than the new Angra. Ritual sounds more like what the next Angra cd should have sounded like to me. The new Angra sounds a lot more straight forward.

I was lucky enough to see Shaman in early October and they were awsome (although the crowd was so huge I could barely see them and was watching a video screen half the time). Unfortunatly the only Angra song they played was Carry On; I hate that song, I don't get how it is so popular. They did play almost every song on Ritual though.

I agree! But it's still not "old Angra" enough for me... I like old Angra better than NEW angra and Shaman... eheh They still haven't matched Angels Cry/Holy Land...

But I think new Angra is a LOT less straight foward than Shaman.. Shaman's music is pretty simple, man... The new Angra has some pretty "progressive" songs on it...

The new Angra album is most definetly one of the top albums of the year... It's very mature and songs are well structured. (I know I know, I'm a die-hard Angra fan, but seriously, who does not agree?)

And, like Angrafan mentioned, it's very progressive indeed, much more involving than Shaman, who's new album should come out in the first semester of 2005. Let's hope it comes better than Ritual, that album has gotten kinda boring to me now... though I'd love to see Shaman!!!

Its about damn time the essential founders of the prog-metal genre get their due at a festival the caliber of this! Of course they deserve a 9-10 spot. Fates Warning has been overlooked far too long (not by Glenn) by the masses. Hopefully they are one of the bands. Too bad Lost Horizon lost their vocalist, they would have been great to see as well.

Harvester said:
From opening (1,2) to headlining (9,10):

1. invitation accepted, await confirmation
9. offer on table
GLENNNNNN!!!!

You've outdone yourself my man. Invitation Accepted and Offer on Table are two of my favorite bands of all time. Granted, Invitation Accepted's debut CD was a little too out there for my tastes, in a sort of "Skeptic's Universe" sort of way. However, their last disc, "You're Not Invited", just totally kicked my ass.

As for Offer on Table, I'm surprised you've given a "wildcard" band one of the top two slots. Granted, these guys have put out quality release after quality release. But I'm surprised you'd book a Viking Black Death Metal band as one of your headliners. Regardless, it's about time Offer on Table is finally going to play the states. I just hope they don't have visa issues after the shit they pulled at Wacken.

Zod

Now Playing: "Death, Kill, Death" by Offer on Table

General Zod said:
GLENNNNNN!!!!

You've outdone yourself my man. Invitation Accepted and Offer on Table are two of my favorite bands of all time. Granted, Invitation Accepted's debut CD was a little too out there for my tastes, in a sort of "Skeptic's Universe" sort of way. However, their last disc, "You're Not Invited", just totally kicked my ass.

As for Offer on Table, I'm surprised you've given a "wildcard" band one of the top two slots. Granted, these guys have put out quality release after quality release. But I'm surprised you'd book a Viking Black Death Metal band as one of your headliners. Regardless, it's about time Offer on Table is finally going to play the states. I just hope they don't have visa issues after the shit they pulled at Wacken.

Zod

Now Playing: "Death, Kill, Death" by Offer on Table
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic!

MetalRose said:
Yeah, I meant beat.... I type way too fast sometime. Metal
No problem... me too. The head is faster than the fingers.

As for Savatage... couldn't disagree more. Some friends, my wife and I all grabbed seats for 'Tage. After struggling through five sleep-inducing songs, we headed off. I'm sure things picked up when they FINALLY got to the material people knew, but we weren't willing to endure all that preceeded it. To my way of thinking, it's a bad idea to start a show with five songs, mostly ballads, that no one has ever heard before. So while for your money, nothing beats Tage, I'd prefer to watch someone fold socks.:loco:

Zod