A WTF question....

I don't even get why people hate metal-core so much anyway.

Obviously there are trendsetters in that style, and followers - just like EVERY music genre.

I remember a long time ago, before metal-core existed, thinking to myself "man...I like speed metal, but my favorite parts to every song are always the slowed up catchy tempo changing breakdowns. Wouldn't it be neat if a band focused on that instead of the usual blastbeats"

And viola! Metalcore has tons of catchy breakdowns...and now people hate it because it appeals to more people. lol

I agree that it has become too formulaic, and there are a billion copycat bands trying to cash in on ...but it was cool for a while, and some bands I still love (like Unearth)

Scott

The Greys said:
..wait

speed-metal has blast beats ?. what bands
SheisMySin doesn't know what the hell he is on about and probably found UltimateMetal by accident while googling for tips on crafting garden sheds out of sheet metal, news at 11

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Pleading ignorance doesn't make you any less ignorant.

Looks like a cop-out to me, anyway. I can't tell the difference between you and the million other retarded uneducated people here going on about how emo sucks when they haven't even heard a fucking Orchid or Envy record and would probably shit their pants if they did because they have been so wrong all this time.

Indeed. Emo was once a legitimate music form. But the fucking media fucked it all up and made it taboo or something. :erk:

noitcefrepdewalf said:
i won't say emo sucks cause it isn't true...except with the mainstream pop-emo and screamo...MTV is the reason why music sucks and i don't care what anyone else fucking thinks about that

I know plenty of legit emo bands, and yes, I do listen to them occasionally.

Rites Of Spring
Embrace
Dag Nasty
Moss Icon
Monorchid

all good bands

Authentic Metalhead said:
Indeed. Emo was once a legitimate music form. But the fucking media fucked it all up and made it taboo or something. :erk:

It still is, i think you'll find most people on the board have no problem with emo music, but do have a problem with the onslaught of pop-rock bands that are being classed as emo.

The NY death metal scene and Hardcore scene were somewhat linked not that long ago. Bands like Skinless, Dehumanized, Suffo, Internal Bleeding, etc used to play with hardcore acts all the time, probably because neither one could fill up a venue by themselves. That's when you started getting these bizarre takes on the Original Suffocation Mosh Breakdown which you can hear about a thousand times on any given Unearth album.

Besides, living in mass I've bumped into a bunch of these metalcore guys and some of them do know their stuff. Phil from All that Remains is a great guy and really knows his metal. He gotted me hooked on Gorguts' Obscura when it came out. Killswitch's Joel is awesome and hangs out some time. Actually a killer guitarist and metal as hell. I used to see the shorter guitarist from Shadows Fall wearing a None so Vile shirt at their older gigs, back when they were opening for every act that came through the palladium. I talked to him once and aside from some bizarre obsession with Yani the dude was alright. I'm really not a fan of this swedish meets moshcore meets arena rock brand of metal they play but a lot of them are fun to drink with and have been in the scene for quite some time.

D.

Warden_D said:
The NY death metal scene and Hardcore scene were somewhat linked not that long ago. Bands like Skinless, Dehumanized, Suffo, Internal Bleeding, etc used to play with hardcore acts all the time, probably because neither one could fill up a venue by themselves. That's when you started getting these bizarre takes on the Original Suffocation Mosh Breakdown which you can hear about a thousand times on any given Unearth album.

Besides, living in mass I've bumped into a bunch of these metalcore guys and some of them do know their stuff. Phil from All that Remains is a great guy and really knows his metal. He gotted me hooked on Gorguts' Obscura when it came out. Killswitch's Joel is awesome and hangs out some time. Actually a killer guitarist and metal as hell. I used to see the shorter guitarist from Shadows Fall wearing a None so Vile shirt at their older gigs, back when they were opening for every act that came through the palladium. I talked to him once and aside from some bizarre obsession with Yani the dude was alright. I'm really not a fan of this swedish meets moshcore meets arena rock brand of metal they play but a lot of them are fun to drink with and have been in the scene for quite some time.

D.

Wow, an actual serious answer to the question. Thanks (though I didn't really expect one).:headbang:

Warden_D said:

D.

Good post from a new poster, and he's from Massachusetts :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Nice job man.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Why is it that every mallcore band I see these days has some guy wearing a Suffocation t-shirt?
Why do they also have pink slings?
Why do they wear Vans and bullet-belts?

Because they are trendy fucking shit bands for mall kids. And if you are into real metal, why the fuck are you worried about what poser is wearing a Suffocation t-shirt? They obviously sell them at Hot Topic, so why not? It just probably makes these posers seem more "credible" to some little dumb highschool bitches, or maybe I'm just too old for this shit. But I bet you one thing - Suffocation is probably loving it, seeing as to how they are an opening act on a tour that consists of shit like that. So how exactly "credible" does that make THEM?

too much worrying about other peoples' attire, not enough having fun and living life this thread has

can someone tell me if its the pop emo kids that look like total fags? or is the whole genre totally gay? I would find out formyself but im afraid of being caught researching such a gay topic.

Mallcore was spawned by metalcore, after death metal died and was raped by noisecore.
My favourite type of core, is applecore, as an apple a day keeps the fucking doctor away.