AA in Gotheburg

owen10se

Son of Oden
Sep 17, 2006
Alingsas, Sweden
Just got home from the concert in Gothenburg. Sold-out and the boys performed a great show!

It was their first time in Gotheburg and they seemed to like it. And so did I!

Best song: Pursuit of the Vikings. Oh my fucking god!!!

:headbang:

I heard they had some trouble with the sound.

Going to see them in Malmö tonight. :D

What other songs did they play? And was Tyr any good?

the show yesterday was fuckin amazing! first time i saw them and they didnt disappoint! intro to Pursuit of Vikings must be the best intro ever!! pure metal! :headbang:

i didnt think Tyr was any good, and the crowd wasnt into them much

Sounds like a great show, it will be great to finally see them tonight.:kickass:

How long did they play for? And how much did the merchandise cost?

I'm not good at reviews, since I mainly enjoy the show but never try and remember what songs they played or anything ;)

Anyway -
They played at the venue "Musikens Hus" in Göteborg.
http://www.musikenshus.se/

It was sold out which was nice, since it was the first time ever AA played Gothenburg in the 15 years they've been at it.

The doors apparently opened at 1900, I got there around 1945.
They sold two different AA girlies, three styles of T-shirts, one hoodie and one winter hat. Also I think all their albums and the DVD.
For Tyr I think there was two or three T-shirts and one or two CDs.

Tyr was the opening act, they started at 2000. Their first song was in their mother tongue, I think it was Regin Smuir, followed by "The Edge" or something. Also they played a Celtic song, sounding like an Irish folk/pub song with some guitars, called something "... Rover".
I left in the middle of the show to follow my wife to the bar part of the venue, food for her and beer for me.

A friend and his brother showed up and we had some more beers. We expected AA to start at 2130 at the earliest, more likely close to 2200, but when I popped my head up just when my wife was getting me a new beer they started!
Damn at about 2113 I had to drink that beer in about 30 seconds and run upstairs.

AA played lots of stuff from the new album, as well as some of the older. I missed Victorious March, but I love that they played 1000 years of oppression.
I can remember also death in fire, versus the world, with oden on our side, for the stabwounds in our backs, cry of the blackbirds, and I think they played runes to my memory.

The show was excellent as were the crowd. The only bad part of the show was the four times the sound sort of lost treble or something, lasted for less than one song, but it did make it a little bit less than perfect.
Since they allowed all ages this time us beer drinkers needed to go elsewhere, bad since I had to drink that last beer so fast, but still good since I stopped drinking so I wasn't completely drunk once I got home :D

It was a great night, and singer Johan promised they'd come back, I hope they'll stay true to that :)

Sounds like a great show, it will be great to finally see them tonight.:kickass:

How long did they play for? And how much did the merchandise cost?

Well, they started just after 21.00 and ended before 23.00.

Just under 2 hours I guess.

Girlies were 200 SEK, the hat 100, T-shirts 150 and the hoodie I think was 300.

No idea about cost for CDs and the DVD.

I must say that I missed Hermods Ride To Hel & Gods of War Arise alot. My two favourite songs on the new cd...

Their last song was Vs the world. I don't think that it's good enough to be played as a finsh.

The show in Malmö was great! The place wasn´t sold out, but quite a lot of people anyway. :)

I thought Tyr was good as support, and the audience gave them the response they deserved.

Oh, and CDs were 100kr and DVDs 200.

Just published photos (not mine but by one of our other photographers, Peter Kalander) from the gig in Göteborg. Some teasers:

070131_amon_amarth_01.jpg

070131_amon_amarth_07.jpg

070131_amon_amarth_27.jpg

The full set can be found here.
http://www.metalnyheter.se/metalgodis/bildgalleri/2007/070131_amon_amarth/index.htm

Cheers!

/daniel.

I was at both shows. AA was amazing both days, Tyr had a lot more energy in Malmö. but since I'm a very big Tyr fan, I also think the Gothenburg show was great. Malmö was just even more great.

I have pictures from both shows, but you have to wait to see them, since I'm going to stay in bed for the next long time after a fall from my horse this Sunday, and it's to difficult doing the editing on the laptop laying down :erk:

The set was:
Valhall awaits me
Runes to my memories
Death in fire
Fate of norns
Thousand Years Of Oppression
With Odin on our site
Asator
An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm
Cry of the blackbirds
The last with pagan blood
For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
Pursuit of vikings
Vs. the world

I also missed Victorious march. I expected that AA would play the same set as at the November tour, since it was based on fans chooses