AA show at Jaxx

Bethledeign said:
Tonight's the night!!! Hell yeah!!! :headbang::headbang: :headbang: <---me and my friends up front :D

Same me and friends were on the right side by the bassist and guitarist.,..,bad ass show,.,..,my damn neck hurts from head banging,.,.,.:headbang:

WarHead said:
Same me and friends were on the right side by the bassist and guitarist.,..,bad ass show,.,..,my damn neck hurts from head banging,.,.,.:headbang:

No way?!! Were you the dude with the shaved head next to the wo guys with beards? I was the one in the Amon Amarth shirt with a biker jacket, you must have seen me. :D

markgugs said:
Well, how was the first actual night of the tour? Did you guys see every band? How about a mini-report?

Krass Judgement - (local support)
These guys sucked, big time. How bad did they suck? They got pulled off the stage cuz noone was into it. Big surprise, but that's what they get for being a bad Pantera-esque band at a death metal show.

Vehemence -
They were good. They had some fancy stuff, and what seemed like 5 realy long songs. They were very good though, and played well. I'd never really heard them before, but they put on a good show and were a breath of fresh air after Krap Judgement.

Revenge -
Horrible. All the songs were written using the bottom four frets on the low E and A string. They were dressed up like they were in world war 1, complete with gas masks on their mic stands and bullet belts slung over their torsos. To top it off the guitar player was wearing ray-bans and used some demonizing effect pedal on his vocals which made an ass sound sound like shit. The lead singer looked like more of an Oi punk rocker than anything else. The sound quality for them wasn't great either. I was not impressed.

Behemoth -
Hadn't really heard them before the show, but they were bad ass! It was a nice mix of death metal and black metal (mostly black metal) complete with corpse paint. The corpse paint kinda looked like dirt, but the music rocked, so it's all good. The bass player gets mad props for being so ridiculously adept at his instrument. He was dancing over the frets like a mad man while doing the windmill! The guitarists had 7 string guitars, but they used them well, so no complaints here. They new how to work the crowd too, so they were a good warm up band before Amon Amarth.

Amon Amarth -
WOW! The sound was a little more distorted than the last show at Jaxx, but they played a killer set. The whole place was going nuts for them, headbanging, horns, screaming, the works. Their set list was awesome. It consisted of songs from Vs the World, Crusher, Avenger and Once Sent... I won't disclose it here cuz you guys that are going to see them need something to keep you guessing. My head hurts and my ears are ringing, I love it. I picked up another Amon shirt, bringing my total to three. Two tour shirts and another. They definitley were the best band of the night, maybe one of the best live acts I've seen period. They really are that freakin' good.

Deicide -
None of us stayed for these guys... they're a bunch of dicks. I heard them outside though, and they sounded pretty good. Jaxx kinda emptied after AA. oh well.

On an up note, and as an extra bonus, I was looking for a friend back stage to give him a copy of our bands CD... but he was not to be found. Instead, I ended up having a conversation with AA and handing them the CD, which was awesome :D Whether or not they'll listen is a different story, but they may get bored on the road and pop it in. :devil:

That's my review. Go see this tour.

Revenge really sucked.,.,the shitty guitarist was using a super shifter (octave shifter) pedal on his vocals.,.,,.that pissed me off.,,.

Yeah I was the guy with the shaved and the black glasses

Yeah deicides guitarist with the shaved head seemed to be pissed off..,.,the bassist/vocalist seemed like a cool guy though,.,..,

Anyone going to the Hate Eternal show next Teusday?

That's a negative on the Hate Eternal/Fetus show... I've seen Hate Eternal twice now and they're really nothing special live. On the CD it sounds like two guitar parts for the harmonies.. but the badn only has one, the dude from Morbid Angel. When they play the harmonies live, he's using a funky pedal and the sound comes out awkward... I actually lost a bit of respect for them when I saw it live, but oh well. The cd's are still good, but I can't see them live again.

Damn thats a shame.,.,,.oh well,.,.I must see them and hear for myself,..

Did you like the tone on the sevenstrings that Behemoth used toward the end of their set? It sounded a bit muddy to me.,,.they played them nicely though,.,..,

WarHead said:
Damn thats a shame.,.,,.oh well,.,.I must see them and hear for myself,..

Did you like the tone on the sevenstrings that Behemoth used toward the end of their set? It sounded a bit muddy to me.,,.they played them nicely though,.,..,

The tone was good, it sounded really thick.. but yeah, ,a little muddy aswell. We were right next to the speakers on the right side, so maybe that was to blame? Even so they had a good sound, and good prescense though.

Did you notice whether either Amon Amarth or Behemoth were selling GIRLIE tee shirts? I am very small and regular tee shirts are way too big. I have a few AA shirts already, and I wear them as pajamas. I'd really like to get a girlie if they have them!

Yes I did Mark! I am glad you had a great time at the fest. Yes I WILL be in brooklyn! You got my email about the CD's I have for you right? Do you know anything about girlie tees? I might need to get AA to save me one since I will not see them till the end of the tour.

I am trying to get your rumor confirmed. I did get an email last night from Nergal from Behemoth, and he didn't mention anything to that effect though!

see ya next month!

GoddessHecate said:
Did you notice whether either Amon Amarth or Behemoth were selling GIRLIE tee shirts? I am very small and regular tee shirts are way too big. I have a few AA shirts already, and I wear them as pajamas. I'd really like to get a girlie if they have them!

Yes, Amon Amarth had girlie shirts, Behemoth... I'm not entirely sure, but they had a lot of shirts... so I'll say yes with 65% confidence regarding Behemoth girlies.

Hope this helps, and if you can, SEE THEM PLAY!!! :headbang: They rule live, outstanding performance.

GoddessHecate said:
Yes I did Mark! I am glad you had a great time at the fest. Yes I WILL be in brooklyn! You got my email about the CD's I have for you right? Do you know anything about girlie tees? I might need to get AA to save me one since I will not see them till the end of the tour.

I am trying to get your rumor confirmed. I did get an email last night from Nergal from Behemoth, and he didn't mention anything to that effect though!

see ya next month!

Excellent, we'll hoist a beer or 4. And yes, I got your email...I'll be sure to grab them thar promos from you that night if that's cool.

I think it's now out of the bag that Deicide only dropped off 1 or maybe 2 shows on the tour; we'll still be seeing them in New Yawk. And sorry, I don't know anything about girlie tees...