Abigail's Ghost (excellent band a la Porcupine Tree)

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Finally got a chance to listen this band.
Pff, this is almost pure Porcupine Tree cloning. Especially "Dead Peoples Review" sounds like a (mediocre) PT leftover. And a lot of their subtle ideas have been done (for the first time?) by Wilson before. Most of their solos are pretty emotionless too.

This may sound negative, but the songwriting is actually pretty good. And at least they know how to play their instruments properly. But I can't listen this a lot of times without getting irritated though haha. This is to Porcupine Tree what Monokromia is to Katatonia IMO.

This band is incredible. I love Selling Insincerity. I really don't see what the problem is with the Porcupine Tree influences; the way I see it, you can never have too much of a good thing. Regardless, this album will definately be in my top 10 of the year. My favorite songs are Dead People's Review, Monochrome and Windows.

greetings all
we want to announce that monokromia is going to release an EP will be titled " Alternative Ways " it will contain 6 new song we will release the EP for free for our fans and our friends who really keep supporting us and believing in us for a long time
we will keep you updated about it ,, feel free to contact us in band@monokromia.com or sherif.zaki@monokromia.com

thanks again

stop spamming the boards. one topic is enough.